FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
51.7 per GPS, Showed 50 on the Speedo. 5.0 Merc, 22' Rinker Open Bow. Lake Michigan water like glass. Sustained speed for 5+ minutes before wifey turned pale.
Gambler and allison are the cream of the crop for fast. Their hull dry weight is around 800lbs for a 21 footer. They can top out at around 110 or more. THATS NUTS!
My Manta Ray 17'9 with 3.0 Mercruiser runs 46-48 by speedo and 42-43 by GPS. Not the fastest thing on the lake for sure. I'd love to have more speed but don't see how without buying a new boat.
Yamaha F150 on a 20ft Polar CC (Boat + Motor + Fuel + People + Stuff = Nearly 3500 lbs.)<br /><br /><br />My fastest was 43mph per GPS last year on Lake Ontario; solo and less than 1/2 tank of fuel. Dealer says I could step up to around 50 mph with a high performance prop. For now I am content with what I've got for my practical purposes and will probably keep it that way until my kids get bored of being pulled around the lake on a tube.
I went for an 88 mph (gps) ride on the weekend. It's a friends 22' Scarab with a 600" BBC (32" pitch prop!). Surprisingly, even though you can hear it coming for miles, it's fairly quiet sitting inside. Another surprise was how smooth it was. It's actually a really nice ride at 4000 rpm / 74 mph. The motor's too much for the boat though, the hull only likes 75 mph or so then it starts to chine walk and that's only 3/4 throttle.
For some reason I think my boat will go about 23MPH. I don't know why I think 23 because I have no speedo and have never checked it but I will take my GPS with me the next time out and see what it says. update: I checked it with my GPS today and got 23.7 but I am running a repitched prop and my top speed was only 3/4 open.anything over that and it would over rev. I have a new prop to put on but I was checking out new fishing holes today and didn't want to ruin a new prop.
16 ft glastron / 90 evinrude..48mph<br />14 ft Chrysler / 50 evinrude..33mph<br />20 ft 'Toon /40 Jonny.........12mph<br />All on speedo. Can't afford gps.
Me and the boys, (4 and 5), 25.<br /><br />My wife with us, about 22. <br />I think if she sat in the back, it'll do better.<br />No, she's not huge, it's just a tiny tinny - doesn't take much to affect it.
It depends.<br /><br />19' Grumman "Sport Canoe" w/6 HP Johnson-about 10.<br /><br />17' Aerocraft Canoe w/3HP Evinrude-about 6. <br /><br />14' Aerocraft utility boat w/7.5 Ev.-about 15.<br /><br />16' Whaler w/70 HP Johnson-about 33.<br /><br />20' Starcraft "toon" with 75 Merc.-about 25.<br /><br />26' Crowline BR with 7.4L MerCruiser-about 60.<br /><br />Disclaimer:<br /><br />All speeds are with just me and a moderate fuel load and have been verified via GPS.