Skeeter owners

atticus3600s

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just reelized this extra forum was on the site, so how many of us are there and what skeeter do you own?

wannagofishin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Skeeter owners

I don't know how many others there here, but I'm a Skeeter owner. 1986 Strada F-80. What's yours?<br /><br />Dan

atticus3600s

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mine is a 1984 SS-1 fisherman. 15 footer with a 75 horse merc. Pretty fast boat for its size. :eek:

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by mercury89:<br /> Mine is a 1984 SS-1 fisherman. 15 footer with a 75 horse merc. Pretty fast boat for its size. :eek:
That was my last boat, only it had an evenrude 75 on it. It would darn near do 50 MPH with me alone.

atticus3600s

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I really like the boat, the only thing it needs is more storage space. I think mine tops out around 45 with myself, fishing gear, 3 batteries and 12 gallons of fuel. If I lighten the load it will probably do a bit more! What boat do you have now LubeDude?

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by mercury89:<br /> What boat do you have now LubeDude?
Presently its the boat in my avitar.<br /><br />1987 Bass Tacker 1800FS W/Merc 150, it tickles around 60 MPH depending on prop and conditions. Im thinking of upgrading next year maybe. Now that Im doing some guiding, I need more room and a single console. Ill go 19-20 at least. mid to late 90s probably, and Im thinking Triton Ranger, Skeeter or Stratos. Unless SBN wants to make me a deal on his new boat. :p :p

atticus3600s

Petty Officer 2nd Class

87 Bass Tacker 1800FS W/Merc 150, it tickles around 60 MPH depending on prop and conditions.
Looks like your Bass Tracker is really well setup from the picture in the avatar, nice rooster tail and the planing angle is really good.

LubeDude

Admiral

Actually, it is set up well, but you cant go by that picture. Im for sure in the "Show-off" mode on that one. A roostertail like that will cost you anywhere from 2-5 MPH! If my memory serves me right, I was at about 55 mph in the picture.

aspeck

Staff member

I have an 81 SS-1 with an Johnny 88spl on her. A little over the plate, but she runs great. I like that it doesn't have the floor cluttered with storage boxes. I never keep my rods in the boat between trips - when I back the boat into the garage the rods go overhead on a nice rack I made - and it gives more room to haul deer during hunting season (I also like the red carpet for that same reason - easier to hide the blood from the hunting trips).<br /><br />LD, how is the guiding going? Some of the most fun I ever had fishing was when I did the part time guiding thing. Oh the memories! Getting lost in the fog, having a HUG client and trying to get the boat on plane, having him fall into the rod holders and slice his thumb to the bone and refusing to go to the hospital because he was having too much fun (he caught a 4 lb bass, the largest he ever caught), etc. Those were the days! When I was MUCH younger and had less responsibilities and much more TIME!

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by aspeck:<br /> <br />LD, how is the guiding going?
I had an awesome time last year, got started late but all in all in was great. Much more "FUN" than I thought it would be. Im really looking forward to it again this year. I already have a few bookings, some professional ball players, and some returning people as well.<br /><br />I swear, I should have paid some of my clients instead of them paying me. It seems that Cops are the best, they are ready to relax and have fun, they have some incredible "Dumb Crook" stories. Surprised me how many women I had also.<br /><br />Funny, when I decided to do the guide thing I didnt even think about tips, :rolleyes: They range from $20.00 to as much as $100.00.<br /><br />I figure I about broke even last year which isnt bad for about 5 months. Might actually make a bit of profit this year.<br /><br />Sure is hard on equipment though, espesialy the boat, Carpet was good when I started, its got holes in it now.<br /><br />Ya, those big guys are a hand full, and they are clumbsy. I had one guy fall partway off the dock before he even got into the boat.

gonefishie

Commander

Here is mine, still sitting at the dealer show room. I bought it and talk them into letting me keeping it there over the winter. I'll be picking it up after ice out. The picture is an 06 model, but same color and mine have single console.<br /><br />
ZX-190-TRAILER.jpg

aspeck

Staff member

LD, agree on the tough on equipment and a lot of fun!<br /><br />Gonefishie, S-W-E-E-T ride! But where are you gonna store the deer during hunting season! HA!

gonefishie

Commander

aspeck> so you go deer hunting in your boat??? During deer hunting season I sit at home and wishing I could be fishing. I don't hunt, I don't even own a pellet gun.

aspeck

Staff member

Yep, and I should be there now! That was the plan, but I messed up my leg, so I decided it would be best to sit today's hunt out. Had to watch 10 of my buddies head out and I stayed back to catch up on things from the holiday's.<br /><br />We use the boats to head out to "out of the way" places, We will organize deer drives on the different points, and sometimes we will just sit on the boat and shot from there - that way you can fish AND hunt at the same time!

ladano

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just found this as well. I have a '84 15'f-80. It's still in the rebuilding stage. I hope to fish in it by the end of Jan. I have a '84 115hp merc on it. My neighbors think I'm crazy, but they've gotten used to my different toys.

aspeck

Staff member

ladano, you have to host the picture on any other site and then copy the location of the picture between the
. Hope that helps.

wannagofishin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

These are posted elsewhere, but this is a good place to post again<br />
skeeter1.jpg
<br />
inwater.jpg
<br />1986 Skeeter Strada F-80, '86 Merc 75HP, Motorguide 37 lb TM, Hummingbird fish finder, Magellan Colortrak GPS, Bass crazed owner.

ladano

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm not sure how to, or where to send it.