sincere debate?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: sincere debate?

Originally posted by mellowyellow:<br /> no worries 12'er, the question is not who will<br />do what, but what exactly would u do brother...
Gotcha....Sorry, I kind of got sidetracked by reading.<br />Personally, if I were in a positition to make policy as regards to education, I'd procede just like Jeb Bush has done here in Florida. I think I'd have the guts to do it, but the poor guy is STILL getting hammered for making miraculous changes in my state, with a grade issued, not just on students, but also on individual teachers and the schools they teach in.<br />Schools actually get a grade! But here's the super cool part....If a school gets a poor grade three evaluations in a row, they loose public funding!!! The schools doors are closed, and the students are given vouchers to attend a private school! The complaints from disenfranchised teachers and districts has been deafening in the local news reports, but he has stayed the course.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: sincere debate?

good idea 12'er. hopefully teachers there won't<br />start "cheating" on these tests like they did in<br />Cali.