Show yer Mirrocraft..............or just tell about it

Pony

Rear Admiral
Thanks SBN, I assume it was you who added this.....<br /><br /><br />Not sure how many of us out there have one, but here is my 1961 12fter.<br /><br />
babygeese3rh.png
<br />
icefishing0216tw.jpg
<br />
icefishing0200uj.jpg
<br />
icefishing0193hq.jpg
<br />
icefishing0187rv.jpg
<br />
icefishing0172qt.jpg

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Show yer Mirrocraft..............or just tell about it

Nope P.O.N.Y. was not me, it was iboats that put this forum up.<br />Nice looking little boat there to be that old.

Pony

Rear Admiral

thanks SBN, its a cool little boat......even if it is 20yrs olfer than me. Still have my bigger boat, but I have some restoration in store for this one once the snow melts.

Ilikesalmon

Seaman Apprentice

P.O.N.Y I have a 1988 Mirrocraft. It's a Sunsport 16' with a 50hp Johnson outboard. I bought it right and put new carpeting in it. Great boat! My wife and I do a lot of trolling for lake trout and salmon on Lake champlain here in Vermont. It's fiberglass and very heavy (800lbs) so it "floats nice". Very comfortable and it handles well. :cool:

Pony

Rear Admiral

Sounds like a sweet boat Ilikesalmon......

j442w30

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've got a 1972 14 footer with a closed bow. Originally came with a 33 horse Evinrude but I have since upgraded to a 40 horse Mercury. I am planning on finishng restoring it this spring and I'll have to get some pictures up. You don't see to many old Mirrocrafts other than their rowboats.

Chief101

Chief Petty Officer

Well, guess I need to chime in. I recently got a 1979 3614. It has a later model 15hp Rude on it and I am thinking about putting a Go-Devil on it. When I have a chance to take pics I'll post-em. Chief Chief

kevinrude

Cadet

heres my 87 musky custom:D

Attachments

• RESIZE.jpg
    RESIZE.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 4

Brendenk

Cadet

i just bought a 1978 mr musky with a 25 hp johnson on it :)

catfished

Cadet

Hi everyone,

I've had a couple of 14 ft. Deep Fisherman in my lifetime and I'm picking up another old one on the first of next month. I'm not sure what year it is, mid 70's I think. The only brand of boat I've owned that I enjoyed more than MC is Boston Whaler. My wife and I are looking forward to many enjoyable hours fishing in this fine classic MirroCraft.:)
mirro1.jpg

DufferJim

Seaman Apprentice

Excellent boats all :)

My father and I recently aquired a '77 14ft Deep Fisherman with a '78 Evinrude 25hp outboard and trailer, our first boat since we both finally have to time to do some serious fishing.

The motor is in excellent shape, but boat and trailer are rough to say the least. We've nearly completed rebuilding the trailer (basically just re-using the frame and axle), paint should be dry by tomorrow. The boat has been completely torn down and prepped for paint, should be in the booth this weekend. It's recieving two tone paint to match the tow vehicle on the exterior and monotone on the interior.

The transom is rotted and being replaced. Aside from the thin aluminum material, the seats are a lost cause. The wood is all rotten and the floatation foam is waterlogged and crumbling. This lead us to decide to convert it into a fully decked center console (rotary steering) bassboat, with fore and aft platforms and removable pedestal seats, all insulated with rubber sound deadening material. We also have a small marine radio, depth finder, pole holders, and transom mount trolling motor ready to go for the fall runs. We're fairly certain that we can keep the weight to an acceptable level for just the two of us. It'll be slowed down by the extra weight, but it's just going to be getting us around the inlets and bays of lake Ontario and the Finger Lakes.

After all is said and done we'll have spent around $2500 including the inital purchase, materials, equipment, insurance, and registration. Hopefully this will turn out to be a wise investment if we decide to upgrade at some point,not that it's likely in the near future.

I've been keeping photo records of the process, and I'll post some before and after pics when she's complete. Wish us luck :)

67 DGS

Recruit

Thats great DufferJim! I have an older 1970ish 14' deep fisherman. Although it has not been used a lot the West Coast salt has not been kind to the seats. We already have a side control consol that is mounted to the front seat and have been thinking about converting the center seat to pedestals with a flat floor, but have not figured out how to go about it. As we are on the coast I still like the idea of keepin the level floatation. I am really interested in how you are going about your conversion and would appreciate you posting or sending me your pics or plans on your project. They are great little boats, have proven to be very seaworthy, and this will be a very worthwhile project for you.

Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress!

Jack

67 DGS

Recruit

Thats great DufferJim! I have an older 1970ish 14' deep fisherman. Although it has not been used a lot the West Coast salt has not been kind to the seats. We already have a side control consol that is mounted to the front seat and have been thinking about converting the center seat to pedestals with a flat floor, but have not figured out how to go about it. As we are on the coast I still like the idea of keepin the level floatation. I am really interested in how you are going about your conversion and would appreciate you posting or sending me your pics or plans on your project. They are great little boats, have proven to be very seaworthy, and this will be a very worthwhile project for you.

Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress!

Jack

DufferJim

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the support 67 DGS :) As soon as the paint cures comfortably enough to put her back on the trailer we'll start the decking process and I'll roll out some pics.

All I have shots of so far is the tear down. I'll try and document every step as well as I can and post as we go, but so far it's just been a boring trailer rebuild, scraping and sanding the hull, and paint booth time. I'll probably post most of the pics in the repair and resto forum as I'm not sure if it's appropriate here, but I'll link 'em for ya when I do.

jonhans

Recruit

Found what I think is a KILLER deal for my first boat! Would love any insight anyone can provide. What does everyone think? Im a hardcore fisherman and pretty excited.

1985 MirroCraft 14' Deep Fisherman
1985 25hp Merc- runs good
Hydrafoil
Powder coated EZ Load trailer
Has the floor in it & 3 pedastal seats
Rod storage and livewell
2 cannon downriggers the ez troll and sport troll
transom mounted minn kota
comes with unmounted bow foot control minn kota
All for $1100!!

Emery

Cadet

sounds great! made me jealous.

can't I buy it? nice deal sounds like

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner

Here are 2 14ft deep fisherman we used to have, the front one is a 1979 with a 1979 25hp evinrude. The back one a 1980 with a 1980 35hp.

Attachments

• mirrocraft2a.jpg
    mirrocraft2a.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 3

nate_dogg

Recruit

I'm new here, but not new to boating. I have owned other boats, but this is my first aluminum and I already have it taken apart and painted. Waiting for it to stop raining to do my last coat of paint and put it back together. The pics are before paint.

Attachments

• boat 001.jpg
    boat 001.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 2
  • boat 002.jpg
    boat 002.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 2

FieroGTP

Cadet

Hi everyone...
I just got a Mirrocraft from my grandfather-in-law and i cant find anything about it at all online. BUT its a 1976 19' Mirrocraft bow rider with a 140HP Merc I/O.

Putting it in the water for the first time in 10 years tomorrow. Went over it with a fine tooth comb and its all good. In mint condition. Ill post some pics asap.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Here is (was) my 1996 Mirrocraft Pro Striker. It now belongs to my daughter and her family. They've owned it since 2004 when I bought my new boat. It was a very nice boat for the money.

Mirrocraft.jpg