Show Yer Boat II

Four86Winns

Cadet
Re: Show Yer Boat II

Hey guys,new here, but was just browsing through all these beautiful boats, and I didn't see any classic Four Winns :confused: So I figured, might as well show mine off :D The pictures aren't that great but y'all get the idea.

It's a 1986 Four Winns Freedom 160 Powered by a Merc 140. It's all original, I'm the second owner, I've had it 3 years now, without any problems (knock on wood)

boat2.jpg

boat3.jpg

boat1.jpg

Four86Winns

Cadet

I can't get this to upload. ;(

In photobucket instead of copying the "HTML tag" line copy the "IMG code" line and post that.

EDIT: Didn't realize that QC posted it for you, anyway thats just an expanation of what he did, nice boat, btw

wakedv

Recruit

2004 Campion Allante

Attachments

• randy%20010.jpg
    randy%20010.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 0

JasonB

Lieutenant

Liquid Force, can you give some info on your tower?

NW Redneck

Chief Petty Officer

It ain't new and it ain't shiny, but it works and it's MINE! Besides, the 70's Orange seats are a safety feature. Make it easier for a CG chopper to see me in an emergency!

pictures1034gp2.jpg

pictures1036xg5.jpg

pictures1037jk6.jpg

pictures1038nt4.jpg

pictures1139si7.jpg

im000273mn0.jpg

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

3 runners at the moment..16 foot Flatbottom crank up rebuild 135 Tower of Power..25 Bayliner, 20 Bayliner....plus the rowboat an a bunch of motors around this dogpatch (then theres the 2 wheelers!)​

S5301887.jpg

Boat2EM.jpg

MyBayliner.jpg

Last edited:

Rudy Brown

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here's mine, a 1984 Cimmaron bassboat. My Dad bought it new.
100_0345.jpg

100_0346.jpg

100_0344.jpg

dooma_Flatchy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here is my 1977 Terry bass boat purchased a little over a year ago.

8-11-06006-1.jpg

Forsaken

Cadet

this is my first boat, bought it about a month ago for 250$... trailer and all.
its a 1976 Winner Marauder with a 1975 EVINRUDE 70hp... its just a, "fixer upper"

Rsideboat.jpg

Lsideboat.jpg

backboat.jpg

studlymandingo

Commander

Alllright! another Winner owner; I used to have an older boat with that same 70HP 'rude, it was nearly bulletproof!​

EricR

Petty Officer 1st Class

If the pics come through here is our '69 Glasspar Avalon 15'. It was a gutted hull when I got it, floor had been cut out and someone had lost intrest in it and left it sit under trees for years. Had a seized Chrysler 70 inside it missing parts, a plate of 1/8" rusty steel over the transom. I gutted the rest of it, put in a 1 1/2" marine ply transom, stringers, and floor.

Version 1, done in '98-'99 was painted with Easypoxy (don't recommend, does not hold up gloss or durability) and powered by a 1961 Evinrude Lark III 40 I cobbled together from about three different mills.

In '05-'06 I repaired a bit of the floor (I had left the drainplug in, and a limber hole in my stringers was plugged with leaves, so water stayed in and rotted part of the ply from the bottom) and repaired the transom where I STUPIDLY had motor well drains with no sleeves in them. They are sealed now, I cut holes in the splashwell so the water drains to the bilge and my 500gph pump takes care of the rest.

I used Nason Ful-Poxy this time, a generic equivelant to Du Pont's Imron. Much better gloss and durability. Now powered by a '96 model Honda 45 I picked up used, has a lot of salt water corrosion but seems to run fine. Still need to raise the motor one bolt hole as I have it too low, and with the 13 pitch on there it pulls nearly 6000 Rpm with two adults in it. I need more pitch for sure.

Good riding hull with a deep entry and flare to the bow, it's taken some 4' tugboat rollers in the port and had no problems.

As far as the inside, I may take out the pedestal chair on the left and put a back to back there. I plan to repaint the inside with some non skid, I do not like carpet as I feel it holds moisture in. I have some maple veneer I am going to cover the dash with to get rid of the ugly old radio hole, then I'll mount my Humminbird depth finder and tach in the dash, also want to make some pockets like original on the sides to hold stuff.

The first pic was taken on the Savannah river, that's my wife and then 1 1/2 yr old. The second pic is my makeshift lo tek paint booth.:cool:
The third pic is tubin' up in Tennesee on Boone lake. Locals please correct me if it is called "Lake Boone".

Picture_60.jpg

paintboothfront.jpg

Tubin.jpg

Skinnywater

Commander

100_0212.jpg

100_0210.jpg

2001 NorthRiver Revenge 16' is a heavy guage limited production (not mass produced) double welded, rockhopper (Revenge was discontinued this year).

Fresh for this year is the BF90g repower and the MotorguideW55. A stainless steel impeller for the jetpump, jetpump intake fins allowing for a higher placement of the engine. The jetpump intake is modified with matching jetplate between the transom and the jet intake.
Boat is rated for a 75hp. Submitted all my modifications bow to stern to NorthRiver. It has been recertified from a 4 passenger to 3 and is now rated for the 90.
Had a lot of minor workarounds. The porpoising required a lot of trial and error since the rigging and application is unique. Jetpumps tends to pull the transom down and with the added speed modifications the problem was being amplified.
The jetpump intake fins did the trick, pushing the stern up at high speeds.

Boat on plane will run in 6" of "Skinnywater" and the latest GPS speed was 38mph with the Jetpump and loaded w/2 people and gear.
I have no idea what it'll run with the prop.

All but the Bimini are my own modifications, rigging and electronics.