Restoration project - 1965 AlumaCraft Maracaibo

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Seems to me you could stand up a restoration business on these boats…..very nice, professional work. I’m enjoying following along.

Rad Racer

Seaman
The dash is ready for wiring. My plan is to wire it on the bench then install it when complete. I think trying to wire it after install would be a hassle.

Progress has slowed a bit.....my dang day job is getting in the way of my boat building project.

Attachments

• ready for wiring.JPG
    ready for wiring.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 13
  • dayjob.JPG
    dayjob.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 15

Rad Racer

Seaman
Seems to me you could stand up a restoration business on these boats…..very nice, professional work. I’m enjoying following along.
Thanks, I appreciate the support.

Not sure doing these restorations is in the cards for me.....that said, I would be willing to help/share with those doing a Maracaibo restore.

Rad Racer

Seaman
One of my concerns was clearance for the Teleflex steering cable....turns out everything fits nicely. A few bolts, screws & rivets and this part of the project will be complete.

Attachments

• dash.JPG
    dash.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 10

Rad Racer

Seaman
After a little delay I am finally back working on the boat. Finished the transom and mounted the motor. I decided to leave the paint go until this winter...…I really want to get this on the water and test it before the snow flies. If all goes as planed we will put it into the water this weekend.

Attachments

• transom.JPG
    transom.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 21
  • motor.JPG
    motor.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 18
  • motor1.JPG
    motor1.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 19
  • motor2.JPG
    motor2.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 21

Rad Racer

Seaman
While I had the forks on the tractor I decided to pull the motor from the 2nd Maracaibo for winter storage.

Attachments

• oldmotor.JPG
    oldmotor.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 11

Rad Racer

Seaman
Finally got the Maraciabo on the water today. Although it's not done, I wanted to give it a test run before winter sets in.

All went well, the boat handled great and the motor ran perfect.

Attachments

• test run.MOV
    46.4 MB · Views: 0