Supreme Mariner
Re: rep Foley

You don't have to be a homosexual to be a paedophile.....JK

Firestar

Chief Petty Officer

Haut said:
You don't have to be a homosexual to be a paedophile.....JK

Gotchya. If Foley was going after girls he would only be a pedophile. Since it was boys he is a homosexual pediophile. If he persude boys and sometimes girls what would that be? A homosexual pedophile with heterosexual tendencies? But then if he is married he is heterosexual with homosexual pedophile tendencies. That of course is when his taste leans towards boys. If he also chased a girl at one time then would he be a heterosexual with homosexual pedophile tendencies and heterosexual pedophile tendencies. No wonder he's an alcoholic.

oddjob

Commander

rodbolt said:
seems quite a few republicans were made aware of the deviants behavoir about a year ago and covered it up. I hope the deviants that covered it up get voted out and crimminally charged as accessories as well.

Who were these Repubs rod?...any more details...how did you come by this news?

ZmOz

Captain

Firestar said:
[So a homosexual can be labeled a pedophile, a homosexual pedophile depending on what perverse recipe fits their taste? So it is fair to conclude that Foley is a homosexual pedophile with an alcohol problem thrown in for a little color.

You're making this way more complicated than it needs to be. Quit with the homophobia, that's no different than racism and nobody wants to see it. I'm sure you'll deny it but everybody here can see that you are. This post, and this news story, are about an adult trying to have sex with a child. It has NOTHING to do with the fact that they both have a *****. It makes absolutely no difference if the child was male or female or the adult was male or female. It's illegal just the same either way. And two guys having sex is perfectly legal once they hit 18. If an 18 year old boy wants to have sex with a 50 year old man in the privacy of his home, that's up to him. I don't want him telling me about it, and I don't want to see it, but I couldn't care less what they do to eachother.

I don't think pedophelia can even be classified as gay or straight, everything that a pedophile does is disgusting, that's why we arrest them. It's a different form of sexuality all together.

crunch

Commander

ZMOZ, you got to excuse us old guys, we're kinda set in our ways.... we were brought up to think of the guys as someone you go bowling with, not balling with.

ZmOz

Captain

custombycrunch said:
ZMOZ, you got to excuse us old guys, we're kinda set in our ways.... we were brought up to think of the guys as someone you go bowling with, not balling with.

That's not an excuse to be a bigot.

I don't like what gay people do together either...but I certainly don't care, as long as they aren't doing it in front of me...

Firestar

Chief Petty Officer

ZMOZ, What's so complicated? I got it. I think though that you mentioning it doesn't matter if they have a ***** or not is wrong. It's what the attraction is all about. Foley would have gone after a vagina if that's what he wanted. He wanted a *****. What is a person that has a sexual attraction for another person with the same sex organs. That's defined. Now, what is a person that is 18 years old or older and has a sexual attraction for someone 17years 11 mos. 30days and under. That's been defined. Although I think there's room for debate. Put it all together and what do you have? Unless there are some new names for this type of behavior.
I'll keep it simple.
Deviate behavior is just that deviate.

oddjob

Commander

Haut said:
Hastert, read the Washington Post......JK

I read Haserts statement. He explained that the parents of the page contacted him or the Republican leadership to ask them to stop Foley from anymore contact via text messaging. At the time the message or messages had no sexual language, content ,etc. So Hasert said he talked to Foley and told him to stop contact period. Foley told him he would. Then, when there was nothing but a complaint from the parents to stop the messaging, messaging that so far was not of the sexual or preditory nature, all one can do is move on.

Now, three years later, incliminatiing messages are provided to the Times by an unknown source. A source that could care less about protecting a pages life from a sick public servaNT.

THREE YEARS! someone sat on it,......until today ...a few weeks before election.

Haut ? what about Hasert? he and the repubs ask Foley to resign. he did. Hasert also sent a letter to the FBI to investigate where the info came from and why it was withheld. He has also included Florida law enforcement to investigate because the messaging when though its network.

oddjob

Commander

This just in!!!..Hasert has interveiw with RUSH!

RUSH: Now, I guess the big news is, the Washington Times' admittedly conservative editorial page, has asked for you to step down and resign, and you have said you're not going to do that. Correct?

SPEAKER HASTERT: Well, yeah. I'm not going to do that. What we've tried to do is -- focused on this Foley thing is -- do the right thing. We had two messages. There were two pieces of paper out there, one that we knew about and we acted on; one that happened in 2003 we didn't know about, but somebody had it, and, you know, they're trying -- and they drop it the last day of the session, you know, before we adjourn on an election year. Now, we took care of Mr. Foley. We found out about it, asked him to resign. He did resign. He's gone. We asked for an investigation. We've done that. We're trying to build better protections for these page programs. But, you know, this is a political issue in itself, too, and what we've tried to do as the Republican Party is make a better economy, protect this country against terrorism -- and we've worked at it ever since 9/11, worked with the president on it -- and there are some people that try to tear us down. We are the insulation to protect this country, and if they get to me it looks like they could affect our election as well.

Try getting his words from another source...

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Of course he did the right thing-
Once the cat was out of the bag & he couldn't cover it up & make it go away.......JK

ZmOz

Captain

Firestar said:
I got it.
Clearly, you do not.

Firestar said:
Foley would have gone after a vagina if that's what he wanted. He wanted a *****.
Honestly, what the hell does that have to do with anything? If he had went after an underage vagina the exact same thing would be happening. If he had gone after an 18 year old girl or boy nobody would know or care.

The only reason this is a news story, and the only reason Foley resigned, is because the boy was 16. It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the fact that he is a male.

I don't know why I bother arguing with you, you're never going to have a clue...

Anybody who cares in the slightest what two consenting adult males do in the privacy of their home really needs to find something more important to worry about. There are plenty of heterosexual people who do a lot of really nasty sexual things to underage girls. There are also many heterosexual couples who do lots of nasty things I would consider just as disgusting as anything gay guys do.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

This just in.... Foley claims to have been molested by clergy when he was a kid...

I dunno.. The Booze.. Now this?... I'm calling B.S. excuses here...:|

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

It seems the pages were being told back in 2001 to be aware of Mr. Foley.

From OpEdNews.comhttp://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_kim_gong_061003_fox_news_failed_to_i.htm
quote]Matthew Loraditch, a page in the 2001-2002 class, told ABC News he and other pages were warned about Foley by a supervisor in the House Clerk's office.

Loraditch, the president of the Page Alumni Association, said the pages were told "don't get too wrapped up in him being too nice to you and all that kind of stuff."[/quote]

OpEdNews is not exactly unbiased in its reporting.

So a supervisor in the House Clerks office was warning the pages back then, yet nothing was being done to investigate it?

As for the timing of the news release if it was co-ordinated by the Democrats, which lately haven't be able to co-ordinate anything, if they did do it they must have gone to the Karl Rove school of political technique.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_100306/content/eib_interview.guest.html

The above is a link to Mr. Limbaughs' site that has the entire transcript of the interview. There is one part where Mr. Limbaugh paraphrases statements made earlier by Mr. Hastert
Here is a C &P of Mr. Limbaughs' statement.

We know that a couple of newspapers in Florida knew a lot more than they were willing to release, and Brian Ross of ABC admitted that he knew about this all the way back in August but he didn't have time for it then because he was worried about the Katrina anniversary and September 11th and so forth.

So if I am reading what Mr. Limbaugh has stated, Mr. Hastert knew that there was more information out there concerning this, yet did nothing to try to investigate it. Seems if they had talked to some of the supervisors in the House Clerks office they may have been able to develop some leads. In hindsight it would have been the wise thing to do.

Folks, short term the will probably help the Democrats but long term I think it hurts a lot more than just one of our political parties.

KaGee

Admiral

50 some odd copies of IM's dating back to 2003...
40 days to an election....
So much for "caring about the children".

Politics aside, this is a moral outrage that somebody allowed this to go on until it was convenient to muck up an election.

Firestar

Chief Petty Officer

ZmOz said:
Firestar said:
I got it.
Clearly, you do not.

Firestar said:
Foley would have gone after a vagina if that's what he wanted. He wanted a *****.
Honestly, what the hell does that have to do with anything? If he had went after an underage vagina the exact same thing would be happening. If he had gone after an 18 year old girl or boy nobody would know or care.

The only reason this is a news story, and the only reason Foley resigned, is because the boy was 16. It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the fact that he is a male.

I don't know why I bother arguing with you, you're never going to have a clue...

Anybody who cares in the slightest what two consenting adult males do in the privacy of their home really needs to find something more important to worry about. There are plenty of heterosexual people who do a lot of really nasty sexual things to underage girls. There are also many heterosexual couples who do lots of nasty things I would consider just as disgusting as anything gay guys do.

Say zmoz,
It seems that sexual oreintation is what this whole Foley thing is about. I mean if he was just doing his wife or even some hooker there wouldn't be so much to do about it. Would there? Since it's a 16 year old male that has been the object of Foleys attention that opens up all kinds of questions. I mean wouldn't it be a great move for the homosexual community if he states now that he's coming out of the closet. He has the little problem that the male was under age by 2 years. But then what's 2 yrs. It's no big deal. There are 16 year olds....hell 12-13 year olds having sex. There should be a name for them too. I think there use to be a name for them but it is not nice to call names.
But back to Foley...Do you think he might be homosexual too?

ZmOz

Captain

Firestar said:
It seems that sexual oreintation is what this whole Foley thing is about.
Only to you and the other homophobes. The only controversy here is child sex.

Firestar said:
I mean if he was just doing his wife or even some hooker there wouldn't be so much to do about it. Would there?
If his wife or hooker was 16 years old, absolutely, it would be exactly the same and equally disgusting. Remember mary kay laterno? Another huge child sex scandal that has nothing to do with homosexuals...

Firestar said:
Of course he is, that's why he's talking to underage boys and not girls. One more time, underage girls are just as illegal.

Firestar

Chief Petty Officer

ZmOz said:
Firestar said:
It seems that sexual oreintation is what this whole Foley thing is about.
Only to you and the other homophobes. The only controversy here is child sex.

Firestar said:
I mean if he was just doing his wife or even some hooker there wouldn't be so much to do about it. Would there?
If his wife or hooker was 16 years old, absolutely, it would be exactly the same and equally disgusting.

Firestar said:
Of course he is, that's why he's talking to underage boys and not girls. One more time, underage girls are just as illegal.

zmoz,
Come now, just because a few questions are asked and some observations are made I don't think that warrants calling the authors homophobes. By the way, when and where did that term.......homophobe....originate? Did that evolve from a homosexual community authority? Are homophobes on an equal plane with gay bashers? Or is gay basher an old term which has evoled to homophobe. I really don't know and wouldn't want to get it wrong. Please educate me. I'm old and haven't kept up with all the changes. Hell I remember when gay only meant one thing. It diddn't have anything to do with any type of sexual oreintaion. Especially homosexual activity.

ob

Admiral

[/quote]That's not an excuse to be a bigot.
I don't like what gay people do together either...but I certainly don't care, as long as they aren't doing it in front of me...[/quote]

How come when someone else voices that they don't like what gay people do ,you call them a homophobe?What's different about your opinion?Or does the word just have a nice ring for you?Accuse someone of the dreaded title of 'homophobe' and that places you on a live and let live pedastel.

If you're so accepting of gay behavior,then why don't you enlighten us on exactly what it is that gays do behind closed doors or out in the park for that matter that you don't like. That is,unless you're a homophobe.

ZmOz

Captain

Firestar said:
Come now, just because a few questions are asked and some observations are made I don't think that warrants calling the authors homophobes.

You did a lot more than ask questions and make observations. I seem to remember a little something about sending them off to an island to die? Forget about that already?

It isn't your homophobia that bothers me. It's your bigotry. It would be exactly the same if you were talking about black people, or jews, or any other minority. It all disgusts me. Calling you a homophobe is not an insult, but simply a description of your personality.

Firestar said:
By the way, when and where did that term.......homophobe....originate?
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/homophobic
unreasoning fear of or antipathy toward homosexuals and homosexuality.
Generally homophobic guys are very insecure about their own sexuality, though not always...

ob said:
If you're so accepting of gay behavior,then why don't you enlighten us on exactly what it is that gays do behind closed doors or out in the park for that matter that you don't like. That is,unless you're a homophobe.
I couldn't care less what they do, I just don't want to watch it, or hear about it, because I'm not gay. I don't want to watch you having sex with a woman either. And if you do that in the park you'll get arrested. Common decency laws apply to all orientations. I don't want to go swimming in the sewer either, that's disgusting too, but you don't see me bashing sewer inspectors.

The problem comes when people start saying stupid things, like we should round them all up and put them on an island somewhere. That is genocide. Disgusting, illegal, and just plain stupid to say.