Radar Camera !!!

KennyKenCan

Commander
Re: Radar Camera !!!

Oh mellow,<br /><br />You don't want to get pulled over by a sheriff down here!<br /><br />The sheriffs will write up more violations than you can shake a stick at!<br /><br />They'll write you for having bald tires, even though you just bought them new yesterday!<br /><br />They will also treat you as if you were Usama Bin Ladin himself!<br /><br />Gaurantee ya that if you get pulled over for the slightest infraction, such as not comming to a complete and total stop at a 4 way stop sign, they will first cuff ya, then they will search you personally from head to toe, and then search your vehicle from bumper to bumper, by removing everything not secured down that you have in your car, and throwing it into the street.<br /><br />Then when they are done, they tell ya to pick everything up, and if ya miss something, they will write you up for littering!<br /><br />I think the phylosophy is, that most motorist's will not fight a ticket, and just pay the fine, so it's gauranteed money for the state and county, and these sheriff's know that.<br /><br />Mellow, how can you only have 3 sheriff's in your town?<br /><br />You are telling me that only 3 guy's cover your whole town?<br /><br />24/7?<br /><br />In the hamlet I live in, there are a minimum of 7 county police officers on duty during each shift of the day, and at least 2 county sheriff's!<br /><br />That's a total of 23 officers who patrol just my hamlet, of 1,700 people, every day!<br /><br />You can't go more than 2 miles without seeing one of these officers in their red, white, and blue 2004 Crown Vics and Lincoln Town Car, police cars.<br /><br />As far as I'm concerned, there are way too many police around here, but being surrounded by bleading heart, cry-baby, back-stabbing, do nothing more than raise taxes, librals, who are afraid of their own shadows, you have to deal with living in a police state, where everything is illegal, except for breathing, and their trying to figure out a way of taxing that too!<br /><br />Downstate NY sux!

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

sorry KCC, 3 in MY whole COUNTY! :p <br />2 local towns have own police, but mostly wide<br />open round here...

KennyKenCan

Commander

Oh man mellow,<br /><br />I gotta get out of this place, if it's the last thing I ever do!

KennyKenCan

Commander

mellow,<br /><br />We have more police patroling the waters around Long Island, than your whole county!<br /><br />Suffolk County P.D. operates about 15 patrol boats throughout the county, and each boat is manned by a minimum of 2 officers!<br /><br />They also have other boats, such as a 26ft Fountain, to chase down them fast ones, and even an air-boat, for flying across the marshlands.<br /><br />But those 15 patrol boats are always out there, year round, weather permitting of coarse. (Only time they don't patrol is when everything is frozen over, then they drive on the ice with their Humvee police cars!)

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

lakefront vs. fire island.... tuff one.<br />local big $ employers (kodak, xerox, B&L)<br />have been laying off like mad, so 500K houses<br />are avail for half now. if you can work from<br />anywhere like me, it's a golden opp.!

KennyKenCan

Commander

I definitly have to get the heck outta here!!<br /><br />Very Soon!!!

Drowned Rat

Captain

I hear ya Kenny. When I was at Jones Beach, there were Nassau county patrol boats, Hempstead Bay contables, Coast Guard, and even some municipalities had officers on boats. You really had to watch your step. In the winter time there were more patrol boats on the water than pleasure craft. :confused:

KennyKenCan

Commander

Drowned Rat,<br /><br />I have lived on Long Island most of my life, and I have only been to Jones Beach, once!<br /><br />That is a beach for the people of NY City.<br /><br />Long Islanders tend to use Robert Moses State Park, or William Floyd State Park instead.<br /><br />But I hear ya on the way they patrol the waters.<br /><br />Especially the way the patrol during the winter.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

in the 7yrs i have been putting outa oak orchard<br />river into lake ontario or sm. boat harbor/bflo.,<br />i have NEVER been boarded/checked by anyone...<br /> :D

KennyKenCan

Commander

I'll gaurantee ya, I'll be boarded within 1 week of putting in the water.<br /><br />But I don't nesessarally disagree with this procedure, as I usually only get stopped once a season, and they are usually only looking for required equipment, flares, fire extingusher, pfd's, etc.<br /><br />They keep a list of the boats that have been checked, so they don't harass those who have everything everytime, especially those who have always had everything over the past 20 years of boating.<br /><br />You'd be suprised at how many weekend warrior boaters don't have the basic requirements for safe operation on the water around here.<br /><br />It's scary!

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Samagee- I can see that point as being valid. On that issue I am kinda like SBN, it just don't matter to me. When we went through the academy profiling was taught as an EXTREMELY IMPORTANT part of being a cop. No white guys in a black neighborhood, no 17-25 year old black guys in any new car, esp cadillacs,lincolns, lexus, etc, no mexicans on the interstate with a plate or sticker from the valley ( an area of drug trafficking, pick up point in south Texas), and the list went on and on. Several years later and they outlaw profiling. There are all kinds of bs we have to do to document each stop wuith anyone to show we are NOT profiling. It doesn't bother me one bit, I just keep on following the rules they make whatever they may be.<br /><br />Kenny- We don't have many police here either. My dept serves a town of about 4000. We have 6 fulltime paid and 4 non paid reserves (that would be me :confused: ). The county is about 17000 people and the sheriffs dept. has 13 fulltime and about 20 reserves. The two other towns have a combined 8 cops. Add 4 constables, 4 state troopers, 2 game wardens and one cop at the state park. This brings the number to 63 total cops in the entire county. My dept and one other has a (as in just one) cop on duty at all times. So does the county. Troopers don't work from 3am till 6 am unless called out. There aren't many of us around. It teaches us to pay close attention and never let your guard down. If you do have trouble help of one sort or another is on the way but usually takes at least 10 minutes to arrive. All agencies respond to any call for help, no matter what it is you will get backup if its needed.