Radar Camera !!!

Kiwi Phil

Commander
Re: Radar Camera !!!

Great idea. The more they put in the better. Only thing that should be ammended is.....reduce the fine and increase the points.<br />We have a points system. Every offence gives you demerit points. Reach a certain number you loose you licience. Get caught driving on no licience, you have then commited a criminal offence, not a traffic violation..you'r in big doggy do-do's.<br />Here they have: 1) red light cameras.<br /> 2) fixed placed radar cameras,<br /> 3) vans hidden on side of road<br /> with radar camers<br /> 4) Cop cars with radar<br /><br />Golden rule, break the rules, get the punishment. It is always the offender that screeches about his rights,and he has none, repeat none.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by WoodRust:<br />
Bring it on. I don't do anything illegal at my house either.<br />......<br /><br />The one's that don't like radar is the one's that speed.<br />if you do nothing wrong, don't worry about it.<br /><br />I don't. :)
When *they* stick the 'chip in your head or hand called 666' will you be the 1st in line to prove this??
They can do nothing to me that my little buddies have not already done. :cool:

WoodRust

Seaman

Originally posted by Kiwi Phil:<br />Great idea. .... It is always the offender that screeches about his rights,and he has none, repeat none.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip
Way to go Aussie Brill-Cream<br /><br />Q) What's your name?<br />A) Bob<br /><br />You're under arrest Bob<br /><br />Q) Why?<br />A) It is always the offender that screeches about his rights,and he has none, repeat none.<br />Cheers

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Only if the camera can read the tag... ;) Smile and say CHEEZE! :D <br /><br /> They are watching you... Most everywhere you go, most everything you do... Someone is watching you... They are prolly reading this right now as I type this... I'll bet they can... I'll bet they do... I'll bet they know what's on our computers...<br /><br />What's next? Where does it stop? :confused: <br /><br />Are we paranoid yet?
sconf.gif

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br />Only if the camera can read the tag... ;) Smile and say CHEEZE! :D <br /><br /> They are watching you... Most everywhere you go, most everything you do... Someone is watching you... They are prolly reading this right now as I type this... I'll bet they can... I'll bet they do... I'll bet they know what's on our computers...<br /><br />What's next? Where does it stop? :confused: <br /><br />Are we paranoid yet?
sconf.gif
Not me snapper, maybe some, but not me.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Not you, what? Their not watching you Spinner? Is that what you're saying? :confused: <br /><br />They are.. :cool:

SpinnerBait_Nut

No snapper, you ask if we were paranoid yet and I answered, not me.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br />oh! Ok... :D
Yea I don't care if they see my puter.<br />All they will see is me and my pals anyway.<br /><br />And well that site eurolarva sends me to some times. ;)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

You mean uglypeople.com ???? :eek: Yeah, Euro sent me over there too...

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br />You mean uglypeople.com ???? :eek: Yeah, Euro sent me over there too...
Yes, I just don't know about him.<br /><br />Maybe he works for some secret government spy agency to see how many goes there. ;)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Sorry Fly Rod.<br />On the subject of your topic, it don't bother me one way or the other. Maybe a good thing, I don't know, but if, and see I said if, it helps in cutting down on traffic accidents and deaths, oh yea, I am all for them.

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

I got one once for going 11 KMH (6.875 MPH) over the limit once. It was $100. This was in a 30 MPH zone on a 4 lane divided stretch of road.<br />I would have disputed it, but unfortunately you have to go in person, and the city I had to travel to was only accessible via a ferry which costs about $50. each way.<br /><br />What a cash grab. I paid it, but they have since abandonded the program (new gov't).

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Okay I'm confused here somewhat. Some don't want cameras because "Big Brother" makes money off it.<br /><br />Not enough revenue? Raise the taxes. Now why should I pay more in taxes when those that break the law whine and cry and get out of paying their fine. I think the law breaking idiots should pay their fines and I think they should be stiffer fines. Over the years, the fines have not increased as much as anything else. A fine today is still a good bargain.<br /><br />We do have a point system, but those still drive their cars without license. <br /><br />Until you have been in a high speed crash, you will never slow down. I have because I was lucky and walked away from one. That was in 1981 and I haven't had any tickets since then.<br /><br />I really hate it when people lie to get out of something that they did wrong.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Rgrew, last time I was in Michigan I noticed red cameras in Kalamazoo.<br /><br />I personally think the radar cameras are going to be great for, making sure no sweet smiling lady gets out of a ticket. I don't know how many times I would get ticked off because my, no ex, sister-in-law would get out of a ticket by smiling and showing cleevage. And yes, she has lots of cleevage to show. <br /><br />The other thing it will help with is the racial issue. How is someone going to claim profiling on a camera?<br /><br />So I see these cameras as a plus for the police force.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Wow cant walk away from this computer for 5 seconds before someone starts dragging me through the mud. What uglypeople.com? Never heard of it. Snapper I see that you forgot to put sugar in your iced tea and Spinner your diet coke is too close to the keyboard. Would not want to have another accident like the one you had tuesday.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Hey Woodrust, don't know what Brill-Cream means, but I am :D :D <br />Down Under they do you for not waering a seat belt too,plus, if any of your passengers don't have their belts done up , driver gets the ticket.<br />Another one, there are no sobriety tests like I see on Bad Girl Cops and Cops show (do you get that TV program or is it only for export.)<br />They suspect you, you get breath-al-ised. <br />Here they have what we affectionatley call the Booze Bus. Large numbers of cops close off the road, (plus adjoining side streets) and you all get pulled over and breath-al-ized, as in you blow in the bag (actually a machine.). Turn the crystals the wrong colour and you'r in the bus with the other mugs off for a blood alcohol test.<br /><br />My wife and I share the driving on nights out. I drive there, she drives home :D No, that's not the truth. We take turns driving. He who drinks does not drive. Not even a small drink. The penalties are too tough. <br />If you hold a truck licience,then it is zero tolerance - no more licience.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

no, don't like big brother watching me regardless<br />if I am not doin anything! it's called privacy.<br />is this a money making scheme or a deterrent?<br />here's a cheap/easy deterrent is saw in Cali.<br />park a disabled cop car that's been retired in<br />deifferent high traffic areas. as soon as you see<br />it, you automatically slow down. would have to<br />move it around to keep folks on their toes, but<br />sure works well. only trouble is no tickets/$<br />for the city.<br /><br />the continued errosion of liberty....<br />here's what's next: "your papers please"<br /> http://www.time.com/time/columnist/carlson/article/0,9565,193705,00.html <br /><br /> http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&contentId=A52300-2001Dec16&notFound=true