Project Fuggly - No Longer Fuggly And Splashed!!!!!!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
GM I have rubber arm disease right now......and I have really smooth fingers.....

Gomopar I might take you up on your identity changing kit lol!

Mike I know you are just jealous of miss Morgans sexy color :D! Good win by the way!

One other thing, BOOMER SOONER! :D

Thank you guys for the complements! I sanded about 5 hours, but I still have a little left. I think about 95% of it is done, just the inside of he gunnels and transom. I haven't cleaned up much of the sanding sludge, but everything so far looks good. More sanding tomorrow and then a lot of cleaning!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
You and me both Micky! I finished the sanding, headed out a little later to clean up the sludge and see what we have....hopefully a mostly ready for paint boat!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks KC,

Well I got the sludge wiped off and it looks pretty good. There are a few spots that require some attention....but not bad. I'll go over it one night this week and tweak things, then on to building the paint booth!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Last night I surveyed the boat closely and marked some areas that needed a little more sanding. After that it should be ready for paint :D Tonight I was working on the last bit of sanding.....I noticed a section about 5/8" long that had primer flaking off. :confused: I started poking at it and it was rubbery.........so I started digging at it and out popped this chunk of silicone :mad-new:

Yes there were a few words said....and I thought the sanding body work would be done tonight....I had grand plans of pulling her out tomorrow night and washing her down, and having her ready to tape off and paint.... :faint2: I have no clue what the silicone is all about. some goofy repair from the past?

So I ground down the spot and put two rounds of filler in it. I'm guessing one more and primer tomorrow night....maybe I can some how do that at lunch.....I really need to get into paint next week....pressure is on!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
WOW Arch, I am sorry to see that. I can only imagine how you felt when you discovered that silicone. I am sure you got it all now. But with such a small area, you can get it ready fairly quick I'm sure. Hang in there. :thumb:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I got the repair done tonight between plays.....BOOMER SOONER :D

Primer is drying tonight, but that puts me a day behind.....still a lot to do before I can get pain on it next week.....The weather is starting to change, so time to get it in gear!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Good news and bad news. Bad news is I think I broke my little toe this morning.....seems to be purple for some reason..... :blue:

Good news is I sanded down the spot priming I did last night and I think we are good to go. Tomorrow I'm starting on the paint boot....my limping around on the throbbing toe won't help much, but its time to get paint on her!

gomopar440

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ouch. Seems to be a bad week for accidents around the house lately. Just tonight I split the tip of the middle finger on my right hand trying to catch a glass candle holder as it fell. The thing hit the tip of my finger just wrong and the glass shattered when it hit, splitting the tip of my finger and fingernail open. That along with the fingertip I cut off of my other hand last Friday is making it pretty difficult to type right now. I can only imagine what it's going to be like trying to work on the boat tomorrow with two bum mitts. I'm looking forward to some more good news about your paint job tomorrow to help me take my mind off my own problems.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
man that is soo weird I broke my second toe from big toe on Monday and Diane broke her pinky toe tonight lol hurts like hell don't it?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
WOW, I sure hope broken toes are not the new norm. I certainly don't want to break anything on me. I can't imagine trying to walk around with a swollen broken toe. You all need to take it easy and allow your toes to heal. :eek:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
That is because you own a boat Wood! :D Hmmm there does seem to be something going around Iboats this week....hope its over soon! Just sitting here drinking coffee and getting ready to get after it today. No rest for the wicked GM.....If I don't get pain on next week, I'll have to wait another 2 weeks till my buddy is back to help me. As big as this girl is, a helper is really not an option!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Here is my really sophisticated plan, lol. It all makes sense in my head.....I think! We'll see what happens :bounce:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Hmmm there does seem to be something going around Iboats this week....hope its over soon! No rest for the wicked GM.....
I think we know who's to blame:
...a lot to do before I can get pain....

.....If I don't get pain on next week.......

:facepalm:

You old guys need to be more careful....... so says the newly 50yr old who got an AARP application in the mail a month before the half century b-day.

When I didnt fill it out, they sent me the card and new member packet anyway....

Good news though, I have probably already voted (w out actually doing it, perhaps even twice) so that frees up a couple hours on Tues......

Good luck w the toes 1 and all...

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Sam, the mechanical design is still in flux.....meaning I was sitting here thinking.......hmmm to mount the squirrel cage to a plywood box.....I'm sure it will come to me!

:bounce:Yeah I know JB!

Getting ready for day two of the paint booth build. Slow going so far....I have some pics but cant get the photobucket app to work on my phone. Photobucket has been a real pain lately, speaking of pain! I may just have to download them to my laptop tonight. Off to home depot before the crowds get there.....

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Arch, I could visualize your draw right because I didn't see the scale listed. Is that .25" per foot. or what? Notice I didn't say "TOE". :laugh: