Project Fuggly - No Longer Fuggly And Splashed!!!!!!

mr300z87

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Try being in the low voltage/IT cabling business we are the forgotten stepchildren. Why can't 10 Cat6 data cables fit through the 3/4 in pipe we provide!!! Now back to the regular schedule boat program.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
I always wondered why you see theft-proof screws in every restroom holding the panels together. I mean I've never seen anyone carry one of them down the street that they stolen... Who would want to steal one in the first place? :confused:

new ones are starboard, saw a whole pool bathroom stripped...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Try being in the low voltage/IT cabling business we are the forgotten stepchildren. Why can't 10 Cat6 data cables fit through the 3/4 in pipe we provide!!! Now back to the regular schedule boat program.

No problem just bust a hole in the drywall run your cables and leave the carnage to the drywall guy ..They love sealing up other trades holes ..
Hurry Arch with an update were running out of stuff to gripe about ! :D

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
No usually I wear something dark colored and bump up against the drywall dust!

So OU had an 11 AM kick off....we got a W but some injuries unfortunately, Hopefully not to bad. So that pretty much screwed up the entire day! I HATE 11 am kickoffs!

But I did get get the carpet prep finished and some cleaning done. The windshield rubber some white dust on it to make instillation easier. (probably asbestos dust from China) I cleaned all that off with lacquer thinner....Windexed things, cleaned up some over spray glue from the upholster with lacquer thinner...and generally cleaned things up. I also scraped some odds and ends globs of stuff off the deck, shop vaced it and cleaned it with lacquer thinner tonight. (see a theme here?)

I also put shark hide on the fenders....so now ready for the carpet install tomorrow!

Pcolafisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sorry to get in late...cities and NAVFAC who specify 9x18 parking spaces should have to pay for all the car door there are quite a few places I don’t go anymore due to the parking space problem. They seem to assume al drivers are putting their cars and trucks perfectly centered in the spaces. Don’ Even get me started on ADA parking! now to return to your regularly scheduled blog!
Cheers

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Lol well I made some progress today. The deck carpet was a bit of a chore but got it installed and glued down. Had the ac on, spraying away with 3m Super 90 glue, and a really nice pink elephant showed up to help......put my respirator on and continued lol!

20180916_153515.jpg

20180310_195222.jpg

20180916_153816.jpg

Still have the 4 side pockets and 2 toe boards to do.....but the hard part is done. That was a bit of a chore!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Hey, that carpet looks almost as good as your Sooners did on Saturday!! Pokes did pretty good too!!! Congrats on getting that much closer to SPLASH TIME

zool

Captain
Looks great Arch, how did u press it down, with a weighted roller? or just hands?......I have to tackle that one day on the CM...

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thank you for the complements! I am worn out time for a shower and some food! But I did get the carpet in the front two side compartments and covered the toe kicks......glad to see the front end buttoned up. Next up is the two side pockets, later this week sometime,

20180916_193037.jpg

20180916_193022.jpg

20180916_193115.jpg

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Zool I just cut it oversize.....wrestle it into close to where you want it, then start trimming and pushing it around. Once I get it trimmed and fitting nicely I pull back one side, glue it down, then repeat. Fitting it first seems to work well for me.