Post a pic of your starcraft!

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Re: Post a pic of your starcraft!

This isn't my StarCraft but one that I saw on the way in to work this morning and had to snap a few pics and share with you guys!

...pulled with a toyota corolla nonetheless!

love that old 'Rude!

have a great weekend guys!

BoomerJK

Recruit

Mine is a 1966 Starcraft Mustang, purchased in 1967 by my grandparents. I brought it home with intent to restore, but a year later, I haven't touched it. I don't want to see it deteriorate any more and want to get some advise on how/where to find someone that could really use it as or for their project. In whole or parts.

BoomerJK
View attachment 131074View attachment 131075View attachment 131076View attachment 131077

jbcurt00

Staff member

Mine is a 1966 Starcraft Mustang, purchased in 1967 by my grandparents. I brought it home with intent to restore, but a year later, I haven't touched it. I don't want to see it deteriorate any more and want to get some advise on how/where to find someone that could really use it as or for their project. In whole or parts.

BoomerJK

Unfortunately, as a retailer, Iboats has a no sales policy in the public forums. Neither of your posts have where you or the boat is located, so it's difficult to suggest a sales venue. It's a shame to have had a boat in the family since 1967 & not be able to keep it.

A craigslist ad w/ as much detail about the condition of the boat, motor (runs?), trailer (tows?) and tires (hold air?) and the pix you've already posted will help you pass the Mustang along to someone looking for a project. If it's not water ready, it's vintage, but not particularly valuable, don't over price it.

There are other online sites that you can list the boat for free as well.

Sure you can't be persuaded to give it a resto? Start a thread in the resto section & you'll get lots of help......

Best of luck, however you proceed...

blazin_jason

Seaman Apprentice

Finally I can make better use of this forum, instead of just looking at all the nice restos and boats. Got this 80's SS160 with a 90HP Honda on a nice galvanized ez loader trailer. After looking at a few others I decided to spend a little more and get something better to start with. Got plans to clean it up and make some changes. Might even go as far and full tear down to powder coat the hull.

70smithy

Cadet

Good morning all! I just wanted to update this post with images of the completed restoration of my '74 Starcraft American "Cheap Thrills". We finished the project in July 2012, and have used her a TON, with all of the mods paying off in spades. From cruising to water skiing to fishing, this boat has become a big part of our enjoyment of the water. She never fails to turn heads and we get comments all the time about our "happy little boat".

I won't bore you with details of the project, since I tend to play "proud papa" and get a bit long winded. However, if anybody has any questions on the "how's and why's", please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheap Thrills 1.jpgCheap Thrills 2.jpgCheap Thrills 3.jpgCheap Thrills 5.jpgCheap Thrills 7.jpg

70smithy

Cadet

DSC01461.jpgCheap Thrills 8.jpgCheap Thrills 8.5.jpgA couple more pics.

Attachments

• Cheap Thrills 4.jpg
    Cheap Thrills 4.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Cheap Thrills 6.jpg
    Cheap Thrills 6.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 2

MontanaAardvark

Seaman Apprentice

That's simply beautiful! Love the colors, and keeping (or making) all the lettering look like it's from the 70s goes great.

Bob

catfishr1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Howdy Blazin_Jason; Welcome aboard, that is an awesome looking super sport s/u. Hope you enjoy your s/s as much as I enjoy mine. Happy & safe boating .

blazin_jason

Seaman Apprentice

Howdy Blazin_Jason; Welcome aboard, that is an awesome looking super sport s/u. Hope you enjoy your s/s as much as I enjoy mine. Happy & safe boating .

Thanks, just took it out for a little test last night. That 4 stroke 90 pushes it along nicely ;) Went well, going to enjoy it for a bit then start the upgrades.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Dang that American is CHERRY! Nice work!

wheeldriver

Seaman

Well done starcrafter65! Looks factory built. Hope you add a few more finished pics to your conversion thread.

starcrafter65

Chief Petty Officer

Well done starcrafter65! Looks factory built. Hope you add a few more finished pics to your conversion thread.

Thanks - I'll try to get some action photos - I gotta say the open bow makes that boat h-u-g-e! The key I think is it is a 1968 and the bow rise is very steep. The newer models have a much shallower angle - which probably rides nicer. The old boats therefore have more volume at the bow - I only moved the windshield back 10" - so the main cockpit is still big. 2 adults can fit comfortably up front.

starcrafter65

Chief Petty Officer

Beautiful boat.

Its like me - almost 50 years old - looks pretty good from several feet away:facepalm: - its not perfect by any means as my "workshop" consist of a crappy table saw, a chop saw, my neighbors right angle grinder and some clamps. I would love to do one with some real tools some day.

dalcan

Recruit

Hey guys,

Here are some pictures of my boat. 1975 , 18ft , 140hp inboard, no name plate but from a bit of looking around the closest I can figure its a Holiday. Please feel free to prove me wrong. Heres hoping the pictures show up with this message.

Attachments

• 103_2578 (2).jpg
    103_2578 (2).jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 103_2579 (2).jpg
    103_2579 (2).jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 103_2580 (2).jpg
    103_2580 (2).jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 1975 Starcraft Holiday 18ft 140HP inboard.jpg
    1975 Starcraft Holiday 18ft 140HP inboard.jpg