Post a pic of your starcraft!

wanty9999

Cadet
Re: Post a pic of your starcraft!

1968 starcraft. not sure which model but does look like Offshore V models. 16ft. Evinrude 48 SPL and 15 HP kicker

Attachments

• photo (35).JPG
    photo (35).JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 11

STARCRAFT16SS

Petty Officer 1st Class

1968 starcraft. not sure which model but does look like Offshore V models. 16ft. Evinrude 48 SPL and 15 HP kicker
boat windshield looks a lot newer than 1968:rolleyes:
Looks like a really nice boat:D

dozerII

Admiral

That would be a 16 SS, if it was an Offshore V the lower chin strip would extend almost to the bow.

wanty9999

Cadet

boat windshield looks a lot newer than 1968:rolleyes:
Looks like a really nice boat:D

do you think the windshield was added? I was also surprised this is 1968, but the title and hull ID confirm it i suppose. any ideas on how to get a top for it? the windshield has snaps. i know a custom would be too much $$. got this boat for 600 bucks, with a 48 and 15 HP evinrude.

Here is my 1966 starcraft 18' with a 110 mercruiser i/o. Had been sitting for 3 yrs. before i bought it. got the motor freed up. floor in middle of being redone and some small stuff like trim hoses, carb rebuild and upholstry need to be done yet.

0612121509a.jpg

STARCRAFT16SS

Petty Officer 1st Class

do you think the windshield was added? I was also surprised this is 1968, but the title and hull ID confirm it i suppose. any ideas on how to get a top for it? the windshield has snaps. i know a custom would be too much $$. got this boat for 600 bucks, with a 48 and 15 HP evinrude.

windshields can be changed out...I went from a 1971 windshield to a 1977/1978 windshield...looking at the picture of your Starcraft hull..
you do not have the plastic Starcraft lettering on the sides of the stern... I'm thinking/guessing 1973 to 1975???

The picture is of a 1973 Starcraft 16ft SS another member on this sight saw for sale...look at the windshield and the markings at the stern on the sides...from looking at other member's boats..it looks like there should be the letters STARCRAFT with an arrow through it on 1968 starcrafts..:cool:

Attachments

• 1973 STARCRAFT16 SS douglas1978 B.jpg
    1973 STARCRAFT16 SS douglas1978 B.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 2

wanty9999

Cadet

i think you're right.. i havent seen any 68 like mine...

mine looks a lot like yours. :D

EDIT----
wow, i just received my new title in the mail and it says 1973. The marine board must have figured it out! strange that the title i received with the boat said 1968 and fiberglass, which i knew it was not.

CHeers!

vandenburgh

Cadet

'66 Jet Star with '63 40hp Johnson electric shift. Yes...topside is indeed orange (benj moore mango punch). Thanks to all that have posted their restoration process on this site - wish I had done the same to give back. Frankly never thought I would actually get it looking respectable (at least as far as orange can go on that front - roll and tip method with lots of wet color sanding on the orange deck), and it floats (had several pits all the way through the bottom and leaked like a sieve) and the old motor runs (lower electric shift unit needed complete rebuild - I never repaired a motor before so that was interesting). Was a lot of fun both off and on the water! Happy with results for a first timer! This was a father - son project although the 13 year old son got a lot more interested once it kissed the water and he was behind the wheel!
IMG_1822.JPGIMG_1823.JPG

manny91979

Seaman Apprentice

Vandenburgh,
What a beauty! I think the orange looks great on her. Nice job!

Kmyers

Seaman

As I found her after sitting in barn for about 20 yearsimage.jpg
During 2 hour drive to my house.image.jpg not sure if have the pictures showing trying to do this on my phone. 1973 starcraft holiday 18 ft. With 1973 mercury 850 thunderbolt. Not sure of condition of motor.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Barn find, sweet!

She'll wash up real nice:joyous:

tgp***

Senior Chief Petty Officer

1973 starcraft holiday 18 ft. With 1973 mercury 850 thunderbolt. Not sure of condition of motor.

Nice find, great boat! A lot better shape than my 72' I just picked up.

Does yours have a rear bench seat?? If so I'd like to see photo's on how they made it.

Kmyers

Seaman

Sorry tgp mine has a small seat on each side of the splash well. You can see one seat in this picture.image.jpg I have seen some of the bench seats on here but this seems to give a little more space in the boat. And you can see the fuel tank I am putting under the floor and will be building a live well of some kind above that. If you would like any more pictures of seats or measurements let me know. Thanks for the compliment on the boat. First starcraft and I don't even have her running and I am very attached.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 6

tomx

Cadet

'63 Jupiter with a 78 rude. I'm considering a different seating configuration for the upcoming season. Maybe a bench seat up front if I can keep the weight down.

sport4 047.jpgsport4 039.jpgsport4 046.jpgsport4 044.jpgsport4 048.jpg

Kmyers

Seaman

Tomx, I have seen some nice looking bench seats on these boats I'm sure some were in this thread somewhere. That's a nice boat. I had never knew of these old boats until I had a friend show me the old family boat in a barn and he said he wouldn't have time to fix up and let me buy it. I'm not on the water yet still working on the motor. But I'm in love with it already.

starmate

Seaman Apprentice

I'm told this is a 1968 Starcraft but can't find hull plate to verify #
Any clues? Floor is rotted but trying to decide if it is worth restoring.

What Model is it?

Attachments

• Starmate1.jpg
    Starmate1.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Rear2.jpg
    Rear2.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 6