Post a pic of your starcraft!

rheagler

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Post a pic of your starcraft!

Nice work DW. I like the green with yellow. And I think polished cuddy with the green would look great. Have fun fishing!

Deadwood

Chief Petty Officer

I like the green with yellow.

Thanks RH....Being the lazy buetox I am....since it was something green I stayed with a shade of green. And the old "Miller High Life" labels were mostly gold/yellow trimmed with green....hence her name "Miller's High Life" ...your guess at our last name. For some reason a lot of people in Oregon really dig the color scheme.:D
(As the main reason in purchasing my girl was fishing one of the names I was contemplating and wanted to go with was "Miller's Lie Life"....the Admiral didn't get it...)

Deadwood

Chief Petty Officer

How did you not name her Miller Time? :D

CARP KEVIN!! I did! :facepalm:
August Win Bay 115.jpg
Can't even remember the name of my boat! Dang CRS anyway! I need to go fishing ASAP! But "lie life" was good wasn't it????
Thanks for reminding me that I over-under think things too much. Nobody else does that here do they? Fine...I'll schedule the EEG....the Admiral was right!!....:D

EQuiNOX1216

Cadet
I just bought this amazing boat.

I just bought this amazing boat.

It is a 1977 Bluewater 19' with a Chevy 305 V8 inboard.
It has been stored indoors its entire life when not on the water.
The wood and rich leather upholstery are flawless.
It is in excellent condition, and FAST! :eek:

Boat inside 09-2012.jpgBoat 09-2012.jpg

The only thing wrong with it is that, while in storage, mice got to the canvas canopy and ate some holes in it.
If anyone knows of someone who makes these or can point me in the direction of somewhere I can actually but replacement canvas/canopy for this I would appreciate it very much.

xjdriver

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: post a pic of your Starcraft!

Re: post a pic of your Starcraft!

well here she is, 1964 sea mist 16' with a 1975 70hp evinrude.
IMAG0070.jpg
IMAG0073.jpg
IMAG0071.jpg

daved1955

Recruit

Picked this 22 footer up last fall. It's seen life on Lake of the Woods and Western end of Lac Seul... now it's Minnitaki and Eastern end of Lac Suel here in Nortwestern Ontario.

New Boat 1 002.JPG

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Well the hull looks Starcraftish but that cabin appears totally fabbed up. Looks like lots o space in there, welcome to iboats!:D

ZachofAllTrades

Seaman Apprentice

With the above post, I musta graduated one level, no longer a cadet! I was wondering if number of posts, and/or pics had anything to do with ranks.

Sheiky

Cadet

Had to do it. Picked this up a couple of weeks ago. Just love those chieftains. It's a 1974 21' ob conversion with the original hard top. Looks good in pics and from far away but trust me, it needs work.

Attachments

• Starcraft Chieftan '76 21' 28Boise.jpg
    Starcraft Chieftan '76 21' 28Boise.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Starcraft Chieftan '76 21' 34Boise.jpg
    Starcraft Chieftan '76 21' 34Boise.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Starcraft Chieftan '76 21' 29Boise.jpg
    Starcraft Chieftan '76 21' 29Boise.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 14

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I'll have to take your word on it cuz she looks really nice:D

Welcome to iboats!

Sheiky

Cadet

Thanks Jas. It's hard to tell from the pics I posted but my chieftain was painted with rustoleum, which I know others have done, but no catalyst/hardener was used. It was also painted ON the trailer. It's the original pale yellow on the bottom & red & white overspray is everywhere.
Not too confident about the transom so I'll be taking a few pages from Magnumdekes conversion book.....very impressive what he's done. I'll probably weld an angle between the vertical transon tubing and the horizontal hull tubes. Might just use 1.5x1.5 6061 aluminum instead of 2x2.

Deadwood

Chief Petty Officer

Heading to the Umpqua for a few days of fishing good Lord willin'. Hopefully have some "on the water" pics posted in a week or so...;)
readytoroll.jpg

tami4497

Cadet

I love it! Where'd you find the windshield? I have a '59 starcraft and I can't find one anywhere!! (I may have to have one made maybe)
Tami

Deadwood

Chief Petty Officer

Safe travels and enjoy bro!:D

Made it safe both ways.
docked for lunch.jpg
No luck fishing although lots of fish in the river....just not hitting what we were presenting....we didn't see any other raised nets either. Our trip got knocked back a couple of weeks...family stuff...so the "you shoulda been here 2 weeks ago" was the theme....no worries though...on the water is sweet.;)
The old girl developed a knock so instead of staying in OR she made the round trip. Probably gonna pull the 4 banger and give it a good talking to. Also gives me a chance to repaint the gunwales as they need it.

Shoulda fished here:eek:: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLjntfiZzrY&feature=plcp
My older son had just returned from hunting in the Irongate Resevoir area and stopped by the fish hatchery on the Klamath. So we hit it on the way home. Those fish made it back "home" over 180 miles from the Pacific.

rheagler

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Boat looks great on the water there Deadwood!

lewistt

Cadet

Just got a 1961 Viking 16' with a 1961 Johnson Super Seahorse electric and 1961 Tee Nee trailer!
DSC00019.jpg
DSC00020.jpg
DSC00021.jpg
DSC00022.jpg

TGB

Recruit

1960 Starcraft Viscount W/ 1966 1960 Starcraft Viscount.jpg50Hp Mercury