Post a pic of your starcraft!

peterSit

Recruit
Re: Post a pic of your starcraft!

Delighted to find this wonderful Starcraft forum.
I was lucky to find this 15' Starcraft Sprint V a year ago, but I don't see this model posted here at all. I'm very curious why that may be; Could it be that it's a lower production of a less popular model?
Brought mine as show below and since, I've replaced the dead motor w/ a 2003 4-stroke 25hp Mercury Bigfoot w/ power trim. It is not speedy but ideal for my Salmon trolling, mostly at less than 2 mph. I plan to replace the foggy plexi windshield w/ lexan and 6" higher. A top cover is also a to-do this year.

starcraft1.jpgstarcraft2.jpg

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hey Peter, that's a great looking Sprint you have there, yur right we very rarely see them.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey Peter - Nice Sprint you have. Have you tried polishing the W/S? I used this method on my Nassau - A day and night difference.

before (PO pic)

After initial polish
smallnassau.jpg

I guess I just posted pics of my '66 Nassau with '66 Merc 500.

timfives

Petty Officer 1st Class

here is my second Starcraft.

DSCF2304.jpg

Oh what the heck here is my First Starcraft (restored)
102_0898-Copy.jpg

peterSit

Recruit

Hey Peter - Nice Sprint you have. Have you tried polishing the W/S? I used this method on my Nassau - A day and night difference.

before (PO pic)

After initial polish
smallnassau.jpg

I guess I just posted pics of my '66 Nassau with '66 Merc 500.

Hey Peter, that's a great looking Sprint you have there, yur right we very rarely see them.

Thank you both for responding. Thanks for the tip on the polish... wonderful and most helpful suggest'n... Great forum w/ knowledgeable owners. There is a West Marine in Toronto for the supplies. I assume it's all by hand.
Below is my son steering and the other pic is w/ a fishing buddy on his Starcraft w/ rainbow.

11jessfootsteer.w.jpg

rayjerrysalmon3.w.jpg

sgamherst

Recruit

Here's a pic of my 1965 Bahama at a Hammondsport show last summer.

Attachments

• Moms Pictures 1323.jpg
    Moms Pictures 1323.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 2

smevil

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I found this picture on C-list and never seeing one before had to check it, brought it home and have got my 500.00 dollars back in entertainment alone. Brother and I, and special thanks to the guys on the Evinrude form for their help, have got the 1970 40hp back on-line, wanted to get the motor dependable before even starting on the boat, had two test runs so far, first time out after patching several pin holes with gum made it a half mile or so spun the rubber hub in the prop and sheared the flywheel key, took it out the second time out to figure out we spun the prop the first time out. But we able to putt around anyway and were able to feel the balance and figure out how we were going to set the old boat up.
DSC05668-1.jpg

Milkman_Rob

Cadet

hi.new to the forum,and just got my first starcraft.its a 1969 arrow,which i got in trade.
its a great looking little boat and i hope to fix it up with my 14 year old son.unfortunatly it does have some hull issues.so i looked on the net and found this place.i got the motor running last week,but noticed some cracks on the hull that do not look too good.i am a fairly handy person and am hoping i can repair it and make it seaworthy.since i live in il on the chain o lakes,i really hope to get some use out of it.thanks mick

Are you sure thats an Arrow? That looks just like my 69 seasport TR.
102_0286.jpg102_0284.jpg

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Well here is my seconded edition to this great thread!
My 18 foot SS

2012-03-17_17-25-54_418.jpg

KyHeadhunter1

Seaman Apprentice

Hello All, I am Jim.

In spring of 2009 I bought a 1992 Starcraft Super Sport 191. I originally bought it because of the price alone, but it didn't take long for the my wife, two little ones, and I to fall in love with her. I got her for a song and the wife and I spent A LOT of time cleaning her up and getting her into shape. The Vinyl was all dried out and would puncture easily and a lot of the thread in the was dry rotted and coming apart. My wife painstakingly took the the interior apart and restitched it. Also, in my opinion, if your not using 3M's vinyl conditioner and protector (part #09023), your wasting your time and money! It made our vinyl better than new!! I buffed the outside and removed all the black streaks from the rub strip and keep her waxed now. She's got a Mercruiser 4.3, Alpha 1 and will run out at 50 mph with a 21 pitch prop. We use her for everything, fishing, tubing, skiing, wakeboarding or just to take her out on the lake to spend the day swimming. She's all original at this point, unless we are fishing because I take the two rear seats out and set in the fishing chairs that go up on the pedestals. We have been a customer of Iboats since we bought her, and I recently started to read up in the forums because its time to do some drive work. :eek: The bellows are looking a little rough and the water hose that runs from the drive through the stern looks like it could spring a leak any day now.

The kids' spring break from school is coming up in a couple weeks and we are going back to Douglas Lake in Tennessee to put another hurtin' on the Crappie. Hopefully the drive will hold up for this trip and I will look into it when we get back. Thank God the hull is still water tight....LOL!

Here is some pics, I have literally hundreds so its hard to choose which ones to post. We love this boat and get her wet whenever we can!

We added a new bimini last year:
100_3033.jpg

A couple of good pics of the interior, notice the engine cover and back seats, this was before my wife restitched them. It took about 5 bottles of the vinyl condition to bring the interior back into shape, but we sure think it was worth it as it even brought the color back!
100_2217.jpg

100_2218.jpg

Proudly sporting her new trolling motor and sitting at the dock on Douglas Lake begging to be played with...LOL!:
100_3066.jpg

My wife and I being chauffeured around the lake by the kids:
boatpic.jpg

Blacksting

Petty Officer 1st Class

Literally had to drag this Amercan15 out of the POs yard after 3 trees grew around her .Mystarcraft.jpg

gfbiii51

Petty Officer 2nd Class

All cleaned up and ready to go:

DSC_1327.jpg