P1070969.jpg

P1040696.jpg

P1070973.jpg

P1040705.jpg

P1070982.jpg

catfishr1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Post a pic of your starcraft!

Super nice resto Jasoutside. Showroom quality pard. Shows what a labor of love can do. Happy &safe:) boating.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Thanks a bunch fellas, it was a fun project:)

From here on I am fully expecting some fresh fish dinners out of this Jet:D

ultra353

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looks awsome! You did a really nice job.

PlayD0h

Petty Officer 1st Class

My new Pride and Joy. COME ON SUMMER!!!

IMG_7159 copy.jpgIMG_7154 copy.jpgIMG_7155 copy.jpgIMG_7157 copy.jpg

PlayD0h

Petty Officer 1st Class

Awesome Resto jasoutside. Simply Gorgeous.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Glad to see you here Playdoh!
You made the right choice with that SS

(and we saved you from fiberglass hell)

PlayD0h

Petty Officer 1st Class

Glad to see you here Playdoh!
You made the right choice with that SS

(and we saved you from fiberglass hell)

Ha, amen brother. If it wasn't for this site, I'd be in hell forever.

I'm trying to determine the year, conclusively. I'm pretty sure its a 82, as it matches the 82 Brochure. Yet the guy I bought it off of said the Transport Canada told him it was a 86. Yet I think they based that off the "First two" numbers on the HIN, but I think its the Last 2.

HIN = STRG86880981-A2

I read someone's post here that said he called Starcraft and they told him the 2 letter addition denoted the model year. So I'm guessing, but I'd say it was built in 1981, but it was a 1982 model. Sound right to anyone? I guess it doesn't really matter all that much, yet since I have to transfer the License I'm wondering if its better to correct the year, or just leave it as it is, since I might make things difficult by 'correcting'.

It has both US and Canadian License plates on the console, but neither state the year. I thought that was odd, since it says Super-Sport, but not year. hmm. lol

Thanks again for the help and hospitality.

viper1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well new to Star craft boats! But was looking for something for Erie and couldn't be more than a 19foot so I could keep in a garage. So I found on in Michigan and want to know if I gave to much and what kind of waves I can survive in LOL.
2012-01-06_14-57-29_96.jpg

2012-01-06_14-57-17_272.jpg

2012-01-06_14-57-54_97.jpg

It's a 1993 19 foot Starcraft Holiday HL191 with a 4 cyl. 180 HP. 2 large live wells.
Deal included: 2 mag 10 electric down-riggers,1 big John Planer mast,2 Rivera planer boards,2 sets of 4 Bert Pro rod holders on a raised aluminum track, A aluminum rail in back for down-riggers,6 cabelas trolling rod and reels 30's with counters,vhf radio,2 fish finders and a gps,new compass and all safety equipment. Also a nice single axle trailer with electric winch new straps ,tires and maintenance done for the winter. A turn key deal. I gave 4500.00 What do you think? Also is there some place to find specs on this. Like fuel tank and live well sizes and such?

Last edited:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

That is a great looking boat and will be an awesome setup for Lake Erie fishing:)

What do you think?

Well, two things...

If the deck and transom are solid, fantastic! If you need to replace, bummer.

If that driveline (I believe you have the 470 in there) is running good and has been well maintained, great! If you run into issues, not fun. (check out the 470 conversations over on the Mercruiser Forums and you'll see why)

Welcome to iboats and the Starcraft Brohood:D

viper1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well the young man that had it was in the Coast Guard and the Mechanic for them on Erie and does checks on the Lake too. Hopefully that means something. Worse thing I found is a oil drip on lower unit. Just a drop here and there. But I will be checking it out. Not really sure how to check a transom though. I walked the floor and found no soft spots. Crawled around the bow cover and looked in dog house and seats and locker and couldn't see no rot or soft spots. But bought as is and couldn't run it with lake as it is so... he claims he deed all servicing and I use to be a auto mechanic so i can do some.Other wise I take it to a reliable dealer here.

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

What in the world do you Easterners need with so many rod holders no body eats that many fish. I don't think.LOL

catfishr1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Welcome aboard viper 1. That is a fabulous looking boat. Love your rod s.u. I think jas hit nail on head about what to ck out.Happy &safe boating pard.

ultra353

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice looking boat! Should handle some decent size rollers on Erie.

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

Well new to Star craft boats! But was looking for something for Erie and couldn't be more than a 19foot so I could keep in a garage. So I found on in Michigan and want to know if I gave to much and what kind of waves I can survive in LOL.
2012-01-06_14-57-29_96.jpg

whats the function of that lower water hole?

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

I have been looking for a starcraft center console, original boat like mine,012.jpg and havent seen one as old as mine.1971

I'm having a hard time with navigation!!! I'll try this again.
As I said above it's a 1972 Starcraft American 16. I have seen it in a pasture for a couple of years now. I was finally able to run down the owner and after a days work I was able to drag it home to my shop.

I may need two rolls of duct tape to fix these seats
StarcraftAmericanboat008.jpg

The deck feels sound
StarcraftAmericanboat042.jpg

I have a little transom rot I'll have to address
StarcraftAmericanboat047.jpg

I wish that they hadn't painted the bottom
StarcraftAmericanboat031.jpg

A little soft scrub with bleach and a scotchbrite and most of the dried gel coat came off
Before
StarcraftAmericanboat009.jpg

After. With a little more work I should be able to get the rest of the stains out
StarcraftAmericanboat038.jpg