Post a pic of your starcraft!

Tempest 160

Cadet
Re: Post a pic of your starcraft!

This is the ongoing project of my 1974 Capri Sport 20. Started out as a none running purchase and spent the whole summer of 2010 on the transom and the winter and spring of 2011 on the engine and outdrive ( Mercruiser Ford 302 V8, 188 hp ). Was launched in June 2011 and runs awsome !! It has now been put to bed for the winter and the up grades for this round will be new instrumentaion and re-do the cuddy section. I can't seem to find any info or other pics of this model, does anyone have any factory pics or info on it? would love to see what it looked like when new...

Attachments

• boat 001.jpg
    boat 001.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 2
  • S4300026.jpg
    S4300026.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 3
  • S4300031.jpg
    S4300031.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 3
  • S4300033.jpg
    S4300033.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 3

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I've never seen another one like that. It's a hella-cool hull though! I love that seating in the front. Very unique.

maineboat

Seaman

Gotta share a few pictures of the SS160 "SL Series" (does anyone know what a SL Series is) that I picked up for $500, and a 16' bayliner & 50 hp Force thrown in for "luck." The Bayliner is avalable for anyone interested.
The Starcraft has a 70hp Johnson with a blown cylinder, but I plan on boring and re-building. Have done several motors in the past with excellent results, though never an outboard. Should be fun!!

Attachments

• DSC_9343.jpg
    DSC_9343.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC_9315.jpg
    DSC_9315.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_9318.JPG
    DSC_9318.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_9342.jpg
    DSC_9342.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 3

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

It would appear that SL series meant swankier interior and a racier windshield.

maineboat

Seaman

It would appear that SL series meant swankier interior and a racier windshield.

Thanks, ezmobee; that's about what I figured. The interior, including inside the glovebox is carpeted. I kinda like how it would feel barefoot on a hot summer day of swimming etc, but it will probably be yanked out. I don't like the idea of all that moisture staying in the floor. Might be different if I had a place to store it indoors, or at least always under cover. Going to be a great winter project, well the motor that is. My goal is to have it ready by July 4th, to watch Independance fireworks out on the 'big lake'. Maybe next year we'll tackle the interoir.

Hajo

Recruit

hello

i am Hajo from Austria

and here my Starcraft at (on) Lake Garda in Italy last summer

100_0790.jpg100_0791.jpg

microjanet

Recruit

I live on a little island and have been using this as my commuter boat since receiving it from a neighbour who wanted her boat to go to a "worthy" owner (those of you who have lived on small islands can probably understand this type of boat-karma.) I think I've narrowed it down to a 1964 - 1966 Jet Star or Nassau. Any thoughts from the Starcraft owners here?

Slowly starting on a rebuild... and I mean SLOWLY because when it's out of the water it's back to the ferry commute for us! She continues to be an island work-horse after all these years. Goes to show you how durable these boats are.

Right now it's out of the water not by choice; last Friday a windstorm hit our island out of nowhere and my poor boat took the brunt of the 60 knots straight in the face while tied to the dock. Flipped her towards the dock but we were able to get to it quick enough to save it from sinking (see attached photo.) Crushed the windscreen so am looking for a replacement. Brand new motor is thankfully going to be fine - hosed it down, drained the oil, pulled the plugs and filter, etc then got it to the mechanic asap.

Have already repainted the exterior and am going to take advantage of the land-time in order to replace the floorboard. Really enjoying all of the posts on repairs and restoration!

Cheers,
Janet

boat under repair.jpg

good save.jpg

Gasturbine

Cadet

Just acquired. All original 1960 16' Jupiter with a 1960 Evinrude 75hp. 438 hours...everything works fine, just needing a windshield.

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I saw your boat in your other thread, beautiful!:)

Bummer on the windshield, those are very hard to come by.

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Looks like it was covered and never used. Esp. the Bow and the Motor. Check e-bay and keep your eye open a doner windshield somehow would work. The whole boat is a beauty. How wide is the boat where the windshield goes???

Gasturbine

Cadet

Windshield is 70" across. from mount to mount. I also am not keeping this boat...came from my fathers estate. EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

What part of this wintery country do you live. That will be a h-- of a buy for someone.

Gasturbine

Cadet

My Dad bought in new in 1960, and he recently passed away. It was always kept in a climate controlled garage. The last time it was in the water was 2004...my Father then retired to Minnesota. I now have it, and do not want it. It also has 2 extra props, and the original bimi-top.

I am located in Columbus, Ohio, and for $.50 per mile, will deliver to anywhere in Ohio.

Huron Angler

Admiral

This is the ongoing project of my 1974 Capri Sport 20. Started out as a none running purchase and spent the whole summer of 2010 on the transom and the winter and spring of 2011 on the engine and outdrive ( Mercruiser Ford 302 V8, 188 hp ). Was launched in June 2011 and runs awsome !! It has now been put to bed for the winter and the up grades for this round will be new instrumentaion and re-do the cuddy section. I can't seem to find any info or other pics of this model, does anyone have any factory pics or info on it? would love to see what it looked like when new...

That's the sweetest glasser that Starcraft ever built in my opinion. Check out the brochures, there's a link in my signature to the thread.

Good luck with the project:)

maineboat

Seaman

Thanks, HA. Yes, that is a factory ski locker. I'm pretty happy about it too. I've been in love with Starcraft and Johnson/Evinrude since I was a kid. Should start on the motor soon after Christmas.