Poor Man's Skiboat...Restore?

system-f

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Poor Man's Skiboat...Restore?

My friend also brought his 2 jetskis down to the lake house we were at.

100_1725_small.jpg
[/IMG]

This jetski is amazing. Not too fast, but it will turn with or without you.

100_1749_small.jpg

here it is more close up with my neighbor on it. Man I love boating!

100_1752_small.jpg

BobsGlasstream

Commander

system-f,
Nice pic's.
You just said the magic words. The point is to enjoy what you do, as long as it works for you.
Great job.
Bob

clockwatcher

Petty Officer 1st Class

system-f

Yup at Tin Top. It turns out that my neighbor's friend owns the lake house and is down every weekend. That river is my favorite ski spot.

clockwatcher

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's a good neighbor friend to have. It's one of the best skiing spots in the country. But don't tell anyone.;)

Friscoboater

Captain

Sweet man. I remember when there was a time that a big wake was bad.

BigBoatinOkie

That's a good neighbor friend to have. It's one of the best skiing spots in the country. But don't tell anyone.;)

You let the cat out of the bag! I'll be there shortly. Next thing you know, you'll be covered up in Okies:D

Looks good system-f. I'm thrilled yall got to get out and play. Wish I was at that point.

system-f

I don't mind, post jack away. This thread is about skiing, boats, dogs, trucks, and whatever else floats your boat.

I ordered my Bimini from iboats today in black. It will take awhile to get here but iboats had by far the best price and free shipping.

That's a good neighbor friend to have. It's one of the best skiing spots in the country. But don't tell anyone

I have heard that, but Lake Austin is just as good and the water is much clearer. Also if they open the damn at Possum Kingdom there will be tons of crap in the water as they did early Sunday morning. This weekend it will be back to Eagle Mountain and I have to start working on the simple stuff with the wakeboard. I am still having problems riding switch foot (goofy for me).

clockwatcher

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't mind, post jack away. This thread is about skiing, boats, dogs, trucks, and whatever else floats your boat.

I ordered my Bimini from iboats today in black. It will take awhile to get here but iboats had by far the best price and free shipping.

I have heard that, but Lake Austin is just as good and the water is much clearer. Also if they open the damn at Possum Kingdom there will be tons of crap in the water as they did early Sunday morning. This weekend it will be back to Eagle Mountain and I have to start working on the simple stuff with the wakeboard. I am still having problems riding switch foot (goofy for me).

Got to have a bimini in this heat. Never boated in Austin.

I've been to that area in the video. It's below Lake Granburry. I went with a guy who owns some land along there and rents camping spots for a yearly fee. It was his ramp behind a locked gate. Great people and some serious skiers. Nothing but high dollar tow rigs. I don't where public access would be.

Another nice place is up toward boatinokie, Lake Murray. We used to haul the boats and dirt bikes. It used to have some killer single track, big berms in sand thru the woods. The atv traffic is to thick for me now and now it's all double grooved. The lake is super clear and there's lots of places to boat up camp or rent cabins with ac. They do dive certification tests there. Much cleaner than most of the mud holes around here.

Enjoy the weekend and be safe.

system-f

I haven't posted here in a long time.

The swim platform has to go as it is not big enough for the space it takes up. I think I am going to go with something more classic and go back to a port side only platform with lader. On the starboard side I might install another identical one with a dog ladder on it.

The black Bimini IS AMAZING! I LOVE IT!

The drive was pulled this winter and the u-joints replaced. I just need to put a water impeller in the lower and slap it all back together (assuming the block didn't crack, yes I drained it.) My prop seal was leaking but I replaced those, not sure if it is still leaking as I haven't had much run time on the drive.

The restore is done as far as I am concerned. I still need to paint the floor and do some cushions but the boat worked so well last year I will do this stuff as time and money permit. I'm still loving the paint, gauges and controls.

bigshink

Cadet

I just read your entire post and I am in the Navy and have a about a month left of deployment I can't wait to get back out on the lake. You did a great job this boat. A lot of hard work but you have piece of mind knowing that you did it from the ground up and can appreciate it more than some over priced new boat.