Please help Figure this one out,your a hero

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
Re: Please help Figure this one out,your a hero

The only time it ran right was when i had my friends hose hooked to it,i couldnt keep his hose.

OK, good luck with this, I give up.
For some reason you won't answer all the questions that are asked (post #44 for example)..... or you contradict previous info.....or give confusing or incomplete details.

e.g. ~ what did you have your friends fuel line hooked to....YOUR tank....HIS....or a third? How were the connections made?

For all that, I do believe that the solution to your problem is in your last post.
Buy yourself a new, complete hose.... do not buy the parts and assemble it yourself.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner

My last attempt to communicate on this problem!

You have stated outright that if you continually pump the fuel primer bulb (acting as a manual fuel pump), the engine runs as it should and the problem does not exist any longer.

This indicates that either the fuel pump itself is faulty, OR......

The gasket between the pump and the crankcase is missing or damaged, OR......

The fuel pump pressure hole leading to the inner portion of the crankcase is plugged, OR

Crankcase pressure that is needed to operate the fuel pump does not exist due to a crankcase crack or a broken intake leaf valve.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

The only time it ran right was when i had my friends hose hooked to it,i couldnt keep his hose.

Good lord man buy a complete new OMC fuel line like suggested 2 pages back...

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

The only time it ran right was when i had my friends hose hooked to it, i couldnt keep his hose.

Good God Almighty, why didn't you say that in your first post ? Look how much of people's time that you have wasted by not stating that fact up front !

jbeener1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

OK, good luck with this, I give up.
For some reason you won't answer all the questions that are asked (post #44 for example)..... or you contradict previous info.....or give confusing or incomplete details.

e.g. ~ what did you have your friends fuel line hooked to....YOUR tank....HIS....or a third? How were the connections made?

For all that, I do believe that the solution to your problem is in your last post.
Buy yourself a new, complete hose.... do not buy the parts and assemble it yourself.

IlIt was hooked to all three first his tank then a spare tank then my tank. It ran good on my tank and his tank, I was trying to figure out if it was tank or hose and thought it was Gona be hose but today witch Memorial Day I took it out with his house and my tank and it is acting up. I have use put together hose and genuine OMC hose and bulb and neither are working now. The hose in the tank is new.

jbeener1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The question was, for the third time:

Guess you have decided that we don't need to know. :confused::facepalm:

I'm done.

No sir you all do need to know, I'm sorry that I don't get back with the answer right when you want it, I trying to figure this motor out and I know I can't do it alone. It's like one gentleman said (we are not there so we don't see what you see). There are many things I try before making a post, I read threw what others sugest and try then try to come back and answer post but I'm sorry for your inconvence in this thread and thank you for your help.

jbeener1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I will be deleting this post, no the motor is still not running right. Some have no patient. Thank you all for your input and help, I know that you mean well again thank you,

jbeener1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

After thinking this threw i will leave it alone,there may be others that may have a simular problem that can find there answer in any of your suggestions,once again thank you all.

jbeener1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My last attempt to communicate on this problem!

You have stated outright that if you continually pump the fuel primer bulb (acting as a manual fuel pump), the engine runs as it should and the problem does not exist any longer.

This indicates that either the fuel pump itself is faulty, OR......

The gasket between the pump and the crankcase is missing or damaged, OR......

The fuel pump pressure hole leading to the inner portion of the crankcase is plugged, OR

Crankcase pressure that is needed to operate the fuel pump does not exist due to a crankcase crack or a broken intake leaf valve.

Yes if i pump the bulb it will keep running. What are the chances of 2 new fuel pumps could be bad? The reason for the second to be put on is when i took the first new ones cover off to check the screen it and i put it back on the screw holding the cover over the screen striped out. The fuel pump gasket is new as well. I did check the pulse hole and it was clear. If im not mistaking the cranksase pressure was 90 on both. Would the motor still run with a broken intake leaf valve?

jbeener1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The question was, for the third time:

Guess you have decided that we don't need to know. :confused::facepalm:

I'm done.
Please go back and read #36 there were OMC connectors

watchman926

Cadet

I had a similar issue with my boat. It had small cracks in the fuel pumps on the plastic middle section of pump and was losing suction. You said that you replaced your pump twice so it couldn't be it but sounds like you are getting air in somewhere. Have you replace the connections on the hose ends? When you pump the bulb, it overtakes any leak issues but when the system is trying to work on its own, it would not be able to function with any air getting in. You said you saw air in the lines. Back from that point to the tank would be my guess. I have seen a leak before that did not allow gas to come out but let air get sucked in, causing vaper lock to begine. When you pump the balb you would reset the line, but then it would refill with air again. Often times, when a mechanic is stumped, it is something too simple. Good luck.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

This thread is extremely difficult to follow.
You are telling us that the connectors are "genuine OMC" but in post #15 you explain that there are no quick-disconnect fittings...just a brass fitting at the tank; that is NOT an OMC part....as far as I know.

Sounds like your fuel system is an aftermarket set-up of some kind. No disconnect at the engine? That is odd as well.

The fuel line from your tank is a suction line....and you are unlikely to see fuel leaking if there are are sealing issues....instead it will suck air....essentially the fuel pump loses it's "prime".
What some people have described as "normal" to see air bubbles is not quite accurate...those are gas vapour bubbles....not air. if the bubbles ARE air....it is coming from somewhere....that it shouldn't.

If you are going to get any assistance in here you will need to post an accurate description of your existing layout.
And if possible recap accurately what tests you have done....especially the swapping of various fuel lines.
I can't speak for others, but you have completely lost me.

No idea what that was all about or how many tanks we are looking at. Keep in mind, we aren't there and can only interpret events from your description.

Your pressure test rules out the fuel pump, so you really are looking at a problem with the fuel line from the tank and all it's connections....whatever they might be.

This is from Post #34....your post #36 did not address the issue, so i asked again in post #44....again no clarification.

Based on what you HAVE written, there is a suction loss in the fuel piping between your fuel pump and the gas in the tank.... you have been told that by several people including me.
You have described numerous changes that you have made to the system that have changed it substantially from the OEM setup. You have still not helped us at all with any relevant info despite numerous requests...at least 4 by me.

Your choices are to work through that entire loop systematically, and find the cause(s) and rectify them....or simply to move directly to the endgame and buy a new OEM tank and fuel line....and replace the engine Q/C fitting.

If you want any help with the troubleshooting option, please start from the fuel tank and list all of the components between there and the fuel pump, and at any connection, detail how that connection is made. Highlight any new additions.

jbeener1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I had a similar issue with my boat. It had small cracks in the fuel pumps on the plastic middle section of pump and was losing suction. You said that you replaced your pump twice so it couldn't be it but sounds like you are getting air in somewhere. Have you replace the connections on the hose ends? When you pump the bulb, it overtakes any leak issues but when the system is trying to work on its own, it would not be able to function with any air getting in. You said you saw air in the lines. Back from that point to the tank would be my guess. I have seen a leak before that did not allow gas to come out but let air get sucked in, causing vaper lock to begine. When you pump the balb you would reset the line, but then it would refill with air again. Often times, when a mechanic is stumped, it is something too simple. Good luck.

Yes i have replaced the connections with OMC connector. The air that i have seen is in the line from the fuel pump to the carb.

nwcove

Admiral

hard post to follow, but from what i can gather, there have been some non-factory mods done to the plumbing under the cowl ..i.e. connectors, clamps, hoses. if thats the case, i would replace all the lines there with correct sizes and proper omc fuel line cable ties and or clamps, and put the proper disconnect back on the motor. your troubleshooting procedure seems to be with good intentions, but you are not really trying to isolate the issue. jmo

jbeener1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This is from Post #34....your post #36 did not address the issue, so i asked again in post #44....again no clarification.

Based on what you HAVE written, there is a suction loss in the fuel piping between your fuel pump and the gas in the tank.... you have been told that by several people including me.
You have described numerous changes that you have made to the system that have changed it substantially from the OEM setup. You have still not helped us at all with any relevant info despite numerous requests...at least 4 by me.

Your choices are to work through that entire loop systematically, and find the cause(s) and rectify them....or simply to move directly to the endgame and buy a new OEM tank and fuel line....and replace the engine Q/C fitting.

If you want any help with the troubleshooting option, please start from the fuel tank and list all of the components between there and the fuel pump, and at any connection, detail how that connection is made. Highlight any new additions.

Ok i have a plastic fuel tank the line down inside the tank,the houseing on the tank and rubber gasket are new. I have a brass fitting screwed into the fuel tank houseing with teflon pipe dope on the threads,then there is an OMC fuel line fitting pluged into that with a OMC fuel line,bulb and connector runs up plugs into the motors original male plugin. From the original motor plugin there is OMC fuel hose that runs to the fuel pump inlet,from the outlet fuel pump to the carb there is yellowish clear Tygon fuel line. I do know that my fuel line does work,i was able on Memorial Day to plug it into a different tank and motor and it ran fine. The fuel line connections on the hose and bulb are connected with stainless stell hose clamps the reason for this is at that time my Dealer didnt have a complete hose kit. I have checked the compression and on both cylenders was 90, with a gauge hooked to fuel line in the motor to the inlet of the fuel pump it reads 2-1/2 - 3. What part that have been changed. The whole ignition system,fuel pump twice,water pump impropeller,carb been gone threw twice and a carb kit put in it,spark plug. The orfice hole is clear as well. I hope i havent missed anything..

jbeener1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I did put the working fuel line back on my tank and motor on Memorial day and it was the same ole thing. Low and mid range it ran great at WOT it runs the same ole 50 yards then acts like it running out of fuel or flooding. With one squeeze of the primer bulb it takes off untill the next 50 yards then another squeeze of the bubble.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

Ok i have a plastic fuel tank the line down inside the tank,the houseing on the tank and rubber gasket are new. I have a brass fitting screwed into the fuel tank houseing with teflon pipe dope on the threads,then there is an OMC fuel line fitting pluged into that with a OMC fuel line,bulb and connector runs up plugs into the motors original male plugin. From the original motor plugin there is OMC fuel hose that runs to the fuel pump inlet,from the outlet fuel pump to the carb there is yellowish clear Tygon fuel line. I do know that my fuel line does work,i was able on Memorial Day to plug it into a different tank and motor and it ran fine. The fuel line connections on the hose and bulb are connected with stainless stell hose clamps the reason for this is at that time my Dealer didnt have a complete hose kit. I have checked the compression and on both cylenders was 90, with a gauge hooked to fuel line in the motor to the inlet of the fuel pump it reads 2-1/2 - 3. WHAT PARTS THAT HAVE BEEN CHANGED. The whole ignition system,fuel pump twice,water pump impropeller,carb been gone threw twice and a carb kit put in it,spark plug. The orfice hole is clear as well. I hope i havent missed anything..

From a distance, and with getting an accurate description almost like pulling teeth :) , my diagnosis is that you need to change out the original fitting on the motor...and I would do it with a Rube Goldberg adaptation of the same fitting that you have on your tank. Get a coupler and barbed fitting and a short length of fuel line to the fuel pump.

FYI, Academy Sports is not an OMC dealer....they sell Attwood aftermarket stuff. You were asked repeatedly whether they were OEM fittings....you said yes.
They aren't!

I've had a couple of very frustrating events when mixing OEM OMC gas line stuff with aftermarket. Never again.

That is precisely why we were all asking "is it OEM?"

nwcove

Admiral

if the op is using attwood connectors .....aka, "fits johnson /evinrude/ etc etc"......its almost a futile effort to trouble shoot.