Pics of where you work

JustJason

Vice Admiral
Re: Pics of where you work

You go ahead and do that. You'll be real sorry when the messenger or the driver sees you. Or worse yet, when the FBI does!

Is it a crime or something to take a picture of a Brinks truck? That's a little lame if it is.

Jason, actually you would want to be arrested rather than confronted by the Brinks personnel.

Nahhh.... i'm not afraid of much, and that includes a Brinks guy.

Personally I think all you armor car guys are crazy.
1. your not cops (although i've met a few that thought they were).
2. There are so many nutty people out there. People so crazy and so desperate that they would attack and take the life of another human being over money. Why on earth would somebody risk their lives (this is you) protecting money that is not even their own. Call me silly, but that's not worth 38.5K/year with a nice dental package.

You guys drive these big old trucks, might as well put bullseyes on them. You carry weenie little pistols for self defence. Sorry to say but if I was planning on hitting a brinks truck, i'm packing my M4, and not my glock, and bullet proof vests don't do much against 5.56. Most of you guys don't have any army training, and it wouldn't help if you did because I can't imagine the ROE for a brinks guy, and they don't equip you for stink. Do they even give you guys smoke?
We've had a few robberies over the years around here. More often then not the armor car guys get killed. Ya nuts i tell ya :)

paulspaddle

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Jason, you suspiciously sound like you've given this 'hit the Brinks truck' some serious thought? :D

FishyFish

Chief Petty Officer

I feel kind of left out on this one, I don't work anymore. I spend my days with Grand kids....in the office...I envy you all.....Muhahahahahaaaa!

Steeler Fan

skysurfer2010

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Skysurfer.......

One of my dreams has always (well I'm 29) been to be a pilot. It'll never happen because I can't afford it and I was never in the airforce but I gotta tell ya, I'm jealous.

Just getting to see what you see everyday, it's gotta be the best ever...... my favorite flights so far have been:

A) Jfk to Palm beach - flying over the southern tip area of the outer banks of NC was absolutely beautiful.

B) Boston to France. - When I looked out that window at 35k feet (or whatever it was) and all I saw was ICE and massive cracks in it, and it appeared to me that it LOOKED LIKE we weren't 1000 feet in the air (because of how BIG everything is) I was mesmerized by how amazing it all looked.

I wish I could afford to fly in a JET....like one of those retired military jets.......that would be so amazing.

If you can afford to own a boat you can afford to get your private pilots license! It is pricey to fly for recreation, though. Luckily I have a friend that let's me borrow his plane when I want to use it.

And my views are amazing. I fly out of the NE and get to see some amazing sights (at least when we're on our descent... not always the case while in cruise). But it's still amazing to watch sunsets and sunrises from the air.

Phillip- I know you controllers are in the dark most of the time (heh), but in case you couldn't recognize that cockpit it's from a King Air 350 which has no issues getting up into the mid Flight Levels.

Philip_G

Chief Petty Officer

Phillip- I know you controllers are in the dark most of the time (heh), but in case you couldn't recognize that cockpit it's from a King Air 350 which has no issues getting up into the mid Flight Levels.

I figured it was a king air, I do happen to hold a commercial and CFI/I ratings as well.
However the sector I'm currently training on is FL360+. You see the occasional avanti but rarely a beech.

skysurfer2010

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I figured it was a king air, I do happen to hold a commercial and CFI/I ratings as well.
However the sector I'm currently training on is FL360+. You see the occasional avanti but rarely a beech.

Oh ok. Yeah, the KA is only certified up to FL350 if it gets RVSM certification.

TilliamWe

Banned

Jason, you go ahead and believe all you typed, it will serve you well.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain why most of what you said is wrong. But by all means, film a Brinks truck, out in the open, and see what happens. :)

JRJ

Commander

One outside right now, and no camera :mad:

puddle jumper

Captain

This is one of the projects we were on a couple years ago. This community had finally got power in, in the form of a big generator. They had a microwave shot into the village, and we built the telecom infrastructure.

This is the Nemaiah Valley
P1000106.jpg

These are the guys hanging cable drops into the houses
LeighWayne.jpg

This is us heading home, the bridge is over the Fraser River heading to Williams Lake, (Puddle Jumper should recognize this real well!)
FraserBridgepanorama-1.jpg
See that bridge. My friends and I climbed out under the bridge in the middle and drank a case of beer for something to do (at the time we were dumb as stick). The road that goes to the left of the trucks is some of the best deer hunting out there. Ya you could say I know that spot well

puddle jumper

Captain

My office is all over but I spend most of my time in the blue building behind the logging truck

Captn Bax

Recruit

This is where i work !!!!!

Attachments

• ShallowAddictrion001.jpg
    ShallowAddictrion001.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 0

Mike Robinson

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I would love to put up pictures of where I work, but I am not allowed to take pictures, and neither is the public. So, in case you think about doing it, DO NOT take pictures of any Brinks employee, ever. That is viewed as a threat, and you will be confronted/arrested. Sorry.

I am not trying to be confrontational TilliamWe.

Could you tell us what law one would be breaking by photographing a Brinks employee out in the public? As far as I understand any person/thing out in the public is fair game. (Much to the chagrin of film stars.)

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade

So I cant show photos of the actual location of where i work but surprise its a solar company ( if you didnt make any connection)

I work in a lab in the building in the photo. The photo is old though, the building is like 1,000,000 sqft now but there are no new photos on line and I will loose my job if I take any.

picture.php

Our handy work!
picture.php

picture.php

TilliamWe

Banned

Possible crime committed by photoing or filming any armed messenger service:

How about conspiracy to commit federal grand larceny? Intimidation?

Oh sure you may explain your way out of it, but it might take a while. Local police forces might differ in how they handle it, but some around here don't like it at all. Our manager got stopped and detained by a local officer once, when he was out filming us for work purposes. Had to show his ID and everything. Only thing that kept him from getting cuffed was the messenger came out and told the officer that it was his boss.
Like I said, you guys do what you want, just be prepared for the consequences.

Bax, I think I like your office the best! But you look like you need more space?! ;)

JaSla74

Chief Petty Officer

nothing says fun like frantically chopping and splicing after a nasty brain wrap :eek:

in the theater I worked at there was no art to it, no one could replace bulbs or diodes in the rectifiers but me...

I hear you. I like to keep a nice core of projectionist well trained in those areas. Keeps me from coming in on my days off;)

Although I'm not sure what lamp houses you worked with, but in my experience the CFS houses required constant upkeep. They were forever burning diodes, contacts, tap settings, etc. I have Christie's now & have yet to replace a diode. I don't care much for the heads, but the lamp houses are nice

waju

Cadet

comox airport.jpg
I work down there. The water only looks tropical. It warms up to about 68 degrees in the summer:p

Philip_G

Chief Petty Officer

I hear you. I like to keep a nice core of projectionist well trained in those areas. Keeps me from coming in on my days off;)

Although I'm not sure what lamp houses you worked with, but in my experience the CFS houses required constant upkeep. They were forever burning diodes, contacts, tap settings, etc. I have Christie's now & have yet to replace a diode. I don't care much for the heads, but the lamp houses are nice

we had all old equipment. old xetron lamphouses and simplex 35 projectors.

TilliamWe

Banned

That's a great read, and makes perfect sense, for the most part.

However this statement here is DEFINATELY legitimate in the case of armed transport of US currency:

"Most confrontations are started by
security guards and employees of
organizations who fear photography.
The most common reason given is
security but often such persons have
no articulated reason. Security is
rarely a legitimate reason for restricting
photography"

You may try to argue that, but there is NO legitimate reason to be photographing an armed guard doing his job, unless you intend to rob him. You guys are probably right about taking pictures in public of the truck, I'll concede that , but you start watching, photoing, and videoing the messenger as he gets out of the truck, and the game changes.
That's all I'll say about this.
Maybe I'll find some pictures of the exterior of the trucks, that Brinks does allow to be shown. But big deal, you've all seen them before. And you've all been inside a bank lobby too. Have a nice day.