OHOH

dozerII

Admiral
I'm psyched to watch this one. Looks like a keeper to me!

Thanks Chem. The Admiral is pretty "psyched" as well, the Deals been struck, will leave Friday night to arrive Saturday morning to see if she is as good as the picture indicate, fingers crossed.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Have a safe trip. May the Tin Gods shine favorably upon your acquisition of Big Tin from 10 hours away!:hail:
Seriously I hope it's a good trip, and she's everything the seller claims.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Dozer - Do you use the Timmy Horton app to locate fresh coffee on these overnight tin grabs? ;) Hope you have a co-driver and have a safe trip. Bring home the tin. :D

InMotion

Commander
T-30 hrs....

Nice find man...

Ok BIG question... is this going to revive GLEN TV for the winter??? Re-build to commence this year??? Winter 2015? Or later....

Drive safely and dress warmly..... :)

Jim

dozerII

Admiral
Have a safe trip. May the Tin Gods shine favorably upon your acquisition of Big Tin from 10 hours away!:hail:
Seriously I hope it's a good trip, and she's everything the seller claims.

Thanks tnst weather forecast was good, now not so much.

Travel safe

Thanks jb

Dozer - Do you use the Timmy Horton app to locate fresh coffee on these overnight tin grabs? ;) Hope you have a co-driver and have a safe trip. Bring home the tin. :D

No Timmies App, we have a nose for them:D No co driver this trip,I'm on my own, thanks GA

T-30 hrs....

Nice find man...

Ok BIG question... is this going to revive GLEN TV for the winter??? Re-build to commence this year??? Winter 2015? Or later....

Drive safely and dress warmly..... :)

Jim

Thanks Jim, won't be this winter for sure, but the Admiral hasn't seen it yet.;)

dozerII

Admiral
Well I'm back, the Starcraft Gods just don't seem too want me to have a Chieftain. The both this time was great but the trailer was not, turn out it was a fabed up trailer using old car rotors and hubs and they had been submerged for a period of time, so you know the mess they were in. I may look into getting a tandem trailer and going back for the boat in the spring. As it turns out it was a real bad trip home anyhow, with snow rain and freezing rain making the highway real bad even with out a trailer behind. Oh Well, thems the chances you take when your a long range Tin Picker ;)

The best part of the trip was meeting and sitting down with Budski and swapping stories, what a great guy, thanks John.

Last edited:

pckeen

Commander
Oh well. Have you seen this one in Thunder Bay?

$_35.JPG

InMotion

Commander
Sorry to hear about the boat no go... but glad you got to hang with John and have a little off season dockside chat!

Fur shure you will find a great chief!!

J.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Too bad the guy didn't tell about the trailer not being road worthy, that sucks since he knew how far you had to drive. :blue:

budski

Lieutenant Commander
You're very welcome Glen, awesome actually meeting you as well, just to bad things didn't work out with the boat, and I'll be keeping an eye out for you for another one.or maybe for a decent trailer.

dozerII

Admiral

Thunder Bay is a little bit too far 1700 k one way, even I'm not that die hard.

Sorry to hear about the boat no go... but glad you got to hang with John and have a little off season dockside chat!

Fur shure you will find a great chief!!

J.

Eventually

Too bad the guy didn't tell about the trailer not being road worthy, that sucks since he knew how far you had to drive. :blue:

Thanks Water, the guy actually told me just the opposite, that everything was great on the trailer, thing is it was great 6 years ago when he parked it in the low spot.

You're very welcome Glen, awesome actually meeting you as well, just to bad things didn't work out with the boat, and I'll be keeping an eye out for you for another one.or maybe for a decent trailer.

Thanks again John.

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer
That's too bad ya made a long drive and not being able to bring it home. From the pics it did look to be a pretty good hull and a well worthy project. Hopefully it will still be there in the spring and maybe he will give ya a better cut on price for having to do a double trip. Good luck.

dozerII

Admiral
Thanks WnW, yup we will see what happens in the spring, but I don't think I will go for it with out my own trailer, and they seem to be tough to find at a reasonable price.

64osby

Admiral
You could just bring your own axles. Trade 'em out and on your way or back to the flat bed trailer :D

dozerII

Admiral
You could just bring your own axles. Trade 'em out and on your way or back to the flat bed trailer :D

That's a really big job that far from home, I would rather tow a known good trailer out there, then slide the boat on it and tow it home.