"Ohio Roundo"

gonfishn

Commander
Thought I would start this thread on a possible get together in May for a few of us who live close..<br />I'm thinkn May here... Before the weekend warriors hit the Lake..I know Bomar,SS Mayfloat.BrianFD Plus BubbaKat and maybe Spinner may come..Any one else wanting to come just let me know<br /><br />After that BubbaKat and myself are headn to Saltfork to do some more Gator huntn with a roundo with MellowYellow, if he can shake free of his better half and join us...<br /><br />Here is my email..etm@horizonview.net

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: "Ohio Roundo"

where's saltfork??? OH? grandma is itchin for<br />some gator teeth :D

gonfishn

Commander

How soon we forget MY..Must be that age factor huh..If you remember we were suppose to meet last year at Piedmont and Saltfork? But you forgot one thing and that was to check with your better half first... :D

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

do I know you???? <br /> :p <br /><br />remember piedmont, but saltfork don't come up on<br />mapquest. will ring ya lil later when it quiets down here.<br />ps. is there an airport nearby if I wanna fly in?

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Salt Fork: East of I-77, North of I-70. Cambridge is pretty close.

FLATHEAD

Captain

Is this on the eastern or westren part of Ohio? Also will it be on a weekend?

BrianFD

Alum Creek Reservoir is in central OH. Salt Fork is eastern OH. Both are nice lakes... both pretty busy on weekends May thru Sept. Your call... I can and will go to either. (Don't think I have a lake map of Salt Fork, but I might...)

gonfishn

Commander

I figured Alum Creek because how close most of us are to it..The SaltFork Jaunt is for the next day when BubbaKat, myself and MellowYellow are going(Maybe)but the more the merrier is what I say..<br /><br />I figured May was a good time cause kids are still in school or better yet try a weekday if possible...FlahtHead Saltfork would be closer to ya but it is still quite the distance..<br /><br />Been Talkn to some addicts here that are Drooling about coming out your way for some Tigers..Can't believe they are so common where you are at...

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Rain or shine, I'll be there. The weekend before Memorial Day dates are the 21st Fri, 22nd, and 23rd. I will probably put in on Friday and haul out Sunday around noon.<br /><br />Sure would like to pull out and go to Saltfork also, but my boat is just a bit big to jump from lake to lake. Cost more in gas for towing the boat than what the boat will use. <br /><br />Looking forward to meeting those that show up.. :D <br /><br />Hey Brian, would you know how much seasonl slips are? Just curious....Thanks

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Hey guys....Let me check my schedule and what not and hopefully I can get there also. Would like to make both if possible. Saltfork is only an hour away. We be lettin' ya' know. :D

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Mayfloat- If you were asking about the seasonal docks at Alum they are on a lottery there and have been forever. I will email a buddy and ask him how much he pays for his.

BrianFD

So we're saying the weekend before Memorial Day, then, right? Me & the Mrs. will be there 'with bells on'. Well, maybe not bells... might be a little chilly. Anyway, count us in!

tylerin

Commander

Where is it?... Thanks to Gaugeguys post, they might be letting me come home :D You can take the boy out of Ohio, but you'll never take the Ohio out of the boy :D

BrianFD

tylerin, sounds like it'll be at Alum Creek Resv., north of Columbus. You gonna be able to make it?

bubbakat

Captain

Well guys I will be coming ifn I can haul enough longhandles in that dodge of mine

aspeck

Staff member

Did someone say gators? How far is that from Ghana? <br /><br />Sounds like fun guys, wish I could join you!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Its about a 6 or 7 hour drive for you aspeck, your welcome to come...this is an unoffical Roundo, I would think it is an open invitation type thing for anyone on the forum.<br /><br />SBN, are you going to make it? Being that close to Columbus you might want to bring your Hepasuit. I even think there are some caves close by also.. :D WOOOOO WOOOOOO WOOOOOOO :p <br /><br />My bucket truck is not for rent! So don't ask.... :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey SS, I might drive up for a day with wifey pooh just to meet you other guys.<br />I don't/won't have the time to fish any with her dad and this new run I go on now.

tylerin

Commander

Brian Would love to come but I need a little time for a pos confirm. I love to visit my Grannie. While I've got you Ohioans here anybody know who was the high school state champs this year. My dad says its his alma mater Elder high school. Is that true. (not that I don't believe him)