NRA membership

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: NRA membership

Originally posted by Barlow:<br /> member here<br /><br />.. if they want'em..<br />by all means .. come get'em.<br /><br />But, they better be packn' heat cause I'm not layin 'em on the ground for no man!
YEAH!!! :D NRA member here too.<br /><br />If the anti's try to turn the USA into England, Australia, or Canada, and ban ALL firearms, can we still use baseball bats? How about knives? Sticks? :rolleyes: <br /><br />Butch A.

tylerin

Commander

I feel bad...I've ALWAYS been only a yearly member. Maybe I should upgrade

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by tylerin:<br />I've ALWAYS been only a yearly member.
He said "member" :p <br /><br />I don't always agree with the NRA, but I renew my membership every year.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Anybody ever consider that both sides (NRA and anti-gun) have made-up this so called fight just to get your money? I dont trust ANY lobbyists, I think they are all crooks.<br /><br />I would gladly back a REAL pro-gun lobby, but from what I have read, the NRA is just a huge money pit.<br /><br />A much cheaper solution is to vote for those that are pro-gun.<br /><br />Ken

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> Anybody ever consider that both sides (NRA and anti-gun) have made-up this so called fight just to get your money? I dont trust ANY lobbyists, I think they are all crooks.<br /><br />I would gladly back a REAL pro-gun lobby, but from what I have read, the NRA is just a huge money pit.<br /><br />A much cheaper solution is to vote for those that are pro-gun.<br /><br />Ken
I think you should read all the various info in the NRA-ILA site that I posted above, KIZ. The elected officials are a necessary part of the equation, but you know there are areas of the country that will never agree with the 2nd Amendment and they will always have anti-gun politicians and judges that are trying to whittle away our rights. <br /><br />Additionally, even pro-gun politians, at all levels, have much on their plates and the NRA helps keep them focused when anti-gun rulings try to sneak in around the edges. It is also a proven fact that many a liberal politician has fallen at the hands of the NRA. Sometimes voters don't even know the positions of the candidates. The NRA researches the records at election times and publishes that to the members in each voting jurisdiction.<br /><br />NRA fights legal battles as well as lobbying (see the NRA-ILA site). I think your opinion is short sighted and is in need of review.<br /><br />In addition, the NRA does a tremendous amount of work in fostering both hunting and shooting sports.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

1o6qa9

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> Anybody ever consider that both sides (NRA and anti-gun) have made-up this so called fight just to get your money? I dont trust ANY lobbyists, I think they are all crooks.<br /><br />I would gladly back a REAL pro-gun lobby, but from what I have read, the NRA is just a huge money pit.<br /><br />A much cheaper solution is to vote for those that are pro-gun.<br /><br />Ken
Right on the money Ken. I couldn't have expressed it better.<br /> N o<br /> R esponsibilties<br /> A ccepted<br /><br />And thanks SS Mayfloat for bringing us back on task. :D

Winger Ed.

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by SS MAYFLOAT:<br /> If for some reason in the future that firearms are made illegal
If that happens, it will only be because enough of us as Americans let it happen.<br /><br />There are plenty of flaws in the NRA. Like a son-in-law you don't like, or don't feel is 'good enough'. You can always overlook the good and readily find fault in them.<br /><br />But the NRA is the 900 pound gorilla where 2nd Amendment and firearms related issues are concerned.<br /><br /><br />Them, via their membership are largely responsible for the steady decline in the number of Liberal Democrats since 1994. I'm talkimg about those who come home and talk like Rambo, then go back to their respective Capital, and vote for every gun-grabbing or freedom restricting bill that comes along.<br /><br />Wether you join the NRA or not is your decision. Wether you want to take a active part in preserving your firearms and freedoms is also your decision. <br /><br /><br />I relate it to a parade:<br /><br />Me, I like being in the parade, especially this one. <br /><br />However; somebody does need to sit on the curb and clap as it goes by. <br /><br /><br />S/F,<br />Ed.<br />NRA Life Member since 1986

Bondo

Staff member

Them, via their membership are largely responsible for the steady decline in the number of Liberal Democrats since 1994. I'm talking about those who come home and talk like Rambo, then go back to their respective Capital, and vote for every gun-grabbing or freedom restricting bill that comes along.<br />
Ayuh,............. Just Like this 1.......<br /><br />
kerry2.jpg
<br /><br />And,....... This 1...... His Pals are Next.......<br /><br />
daschle.jpg
<br /><br />Talk about Left Leaning..... <br />When Pledging Allegiance to the Flag of United States of America ,.......<br />I cover My heart with My Righthand.......... Don't You ????

Bondo

Staff member

David L. Moore,<br />You Say, " I firmly believe in the right to keep and arm bears. ", Yet You Spew the Same Drivel as the Liberals.....<br />Which it sure appears that You ARE 1........ <br />
You 'publicans accuse others with differing views of being "Liberals." and "Liberal Democrats" You say it like it's an insult.
A) It's Meant to be an Insult..........<br />B) I'm Not a Republican,....... I've been a registered Independent since 1973...........And, I Do Vote...... <br />Even For a Dummycrat, Occaisionally,..OK, rarely, But I Have......<br />
Whereas we need protections against the erosion of our rights, somethings are just wrong. Like assault rifles whose sole purpose is killing humans. The second amendment provided for a way to put food on a family's table, not solely kill someone else.
Well, By Definition, an Assault Rifle Has been Illegal since the 1930s.........<br />An Assault Rifle is Fully Automatic .............<br />The Liberals have convinced You that if it happens to LOOK Like an assault rifle, then that's Close Enough to Outlaw it..........<br />The Action of the Banned Assault Rifles(as per the 1994 law) is the Exact Same Action as Many Traditional Hunting Rifles.......Change the Wood Stock to Plastic,+ Presto, an Assault Rifle in Any Liberals book...........<br />
The second amendment provided for a way to put food on a family's table, not solely kill someone else.
You Must be reading a Different Constitution than the 1 that belongs to the USA.......<br />No Where does it say ANYTHING about Hunting.......<br />In MY Constitution, the Second Amendment protects My right to the weapons that insure My rights to Life, Liberty,+ Freedom ...........<br />Doesn't even mention Hunting.........<br />
I firmly believe in the right to keep and arm bears.<br />I would vigorously join a fight to protect the second amendment even though I don't keep guns.
Well, Either this is an Outright Lie,<br />Or, You're the 1 who needs to CLEAN YOUR EYES AND SEE THE LIGHT ! <br />Because You Obviously Don't Know of What You Speak...........................<br />
It is not a gun that will hurt an innocent, it is stupidity.
No Argument There..........<br />Trouble is, the Liberals are trying to legislate Common Sense,+ Intelligence...............Neither of which Any Liberals possess.............<br />
If you fear for your families safety, MOVE!
Now That's Real Brilliant............<br />If a Crack Dealer, or Terrorist moves into My neighborhood,..........It'll be Them that's doing the Moving..........<br />I've got the Backbone , the Guts ,+ the Guns to Stand Up for Me,+ Mine........................<br />It appears that You Don't..........<br />Move..???? Ya Right... Let's Open the gates at Gitmo Too....... Damn Liberals.........<br />
NRA wants NO restriction, control, regulation, or rules in gun ownership.
That's because when We give an Inch, the Liberals Try to take 100 MILES.........................<br />Just ask the FORMER Gun Owners in England,+ Australia.................<br />BTW, Generally NRA members Are the Most Responsible people in the World................<br />
Why don't you embrace the same when it comes to the ownership and operation of something far more deadly, a gun?
Well,.... We Do......<br />The NRA spends Millions of $$ in Education Every Year......<br />There was a time when these things, Safe Gun Handling, was taught in our Schools......<br />I belonged to My high school Shooting Team.....<br />But,..... Since the late 60s, the Liberals have taken over Our School Systems.....But, That's Another Major Problem all in it's own..........<br />
A good politician keeps the masses alarmed and in fear. This creates a need for the protection that the politician makes you believe only he/she can provide.
Nope,.... You're Wrong Again........<br />That's how Liberal Politicians work.........<br />A Good Conservative will lead you to make a Better Life, for,+ by YOURSELF ............<br /><br />It's the Liberals that tell you the Government will take care of You................<br />It's the Conservatives that tell you to Stand Up,+ Take Care of Yourself..............<br /><br />I realize that I've strayed a little off topic,<br />So to get Back to it,<br /><br />Ayuh,.......... I'll continue to Stand Tall,+ be Counted...... Lists or No lists...... I Want to be counted as the 1s who are Right..........<br /><br />All these Bleeding Heart Liberals who stand Behind the 1st Amendment,..........<br />Forget, Without the 2nd amendment,..... There Would Be NO 1st amendment.......................<br /><br />NO, It's got NOTHING to do with Hunting.........

Laddies

Banned

As a citizen of the state of Michigan, I'm am embarassed by the some of the statements and the mentality of David Moore. I hope no one thinks they reflect the thoughts of the majority of the people of this state. I believe that it is the mind less chatter of another anti gun sneak, thats exactly how the anti gun lobby works, if I am wrong David then I apologize to you, but if you read your statements, I think you can see where I have gotten this idea and if you are what I think then I apologize for you as a Michigander --Bob

aspeck

Staff member

Spot on, Bondo! Thanks for saving me the time to respond, you said it, brother! So I will just be a "Sheeple" I guess and mindlessly agree with what you said - not because I am a follower, but because what you and others have said are right on.

grandx

Petty Officer 1st Class

OK, I don't now how to post a quote, but here's the best I could do: <br /><br />This by David Moore:<br />"The second amendment provided for a way to put food on a family's table, not solely kill someone else. Who goes hunting with an assault rifle?"<br /><br />On the complete, 100% contrary, David... I respect your opinion, but lets get the facts straight. Please excuse the upcoming sarcasm, as this is just my writing style..<br /><br />If you are confused about the intent of the 2nd amendment to begin with, you can never strongly support your opinion... Everytime I hear the hunting argument, it rubs me wrong. The constitution and 2nd amendment was not written by hungry people trying to find something to eat... or they may have included a fishing pole and grubbing hoe in the text along with the firearms. <br /><br />Our constitutiion was written by people not wanting to be governed without representation (American history 101), and intended to give the people the ability to change/remove an unwanted government (whether it be foreign or home grown). In todays time, the second amendment would include personal ownership of assault weapons as well as f16's, destroyers, and atomic weapons as well... sounds a bit rediculous doesn't it, but this was the intention. Make sure the people being governed were not at the mercy of a government that the majority did not support. The 2nd amendment was indeed written to allow the people weapons for the sake of killing other people... hunting turkeys and squirrels was maybe a very distant 2nd.<br /><br />Opinions are one thing, we all have differing views, but lets not loose sight of the facts. I do not want everyone to have an H-bomb in their closet, but that was the intention of the 2nd amendment. I'll gladly review any reference you may have to hunting from our forefathers.

Link

Rear Admiral

Bondo, Boomyal and others<br />You said it better than I could of have. <br /><br />SS Mayfloat<br />Back to your original post:<br />I was also concerend about the same things. <br />About ten years ago I decieded it was worth supporting the NRA, ARRL and a few others. <br />If we get to the point where they want my registered fire arms, they can look in the gun safe and take it! (with the trigger lock) The other 20 will be somewhere else :D <br /><br />grandx<br />Now you have me worried! I thought I had that destroyer Disquised as a 14ft Almar sled! :confused: <br />Good point though

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

By Bondo<br />
I've got the Backbone,+ the Guts to Stand Up for Me,+ Mine........................
I think you forgot one Bondo. ".....and the means to stand up."<br /><br />or, at least that is until too many more people, like David Moore, snooze thru what is left of American History that is being taught in the schools.

Bondo

Staff member

I think you forgot one Bondo.
You're Right Boomyal,.............<br />I just went back,+ Fixed that......... ;)

eeboater

Commander

I think I heard a figure somewhere that said over 60 Million Americans "think" they belong to the NRA. By that, they tell people they are members. While 20 million actually belong. I know that the numbers are way off... but it is some major distinction between the two.<br /><br />The fact that we are gun-toting people makes us who we are dammit. And if they every talk about banning guns in our state.. i'll be running for another. Because all that is going to happen is the bad guys will have the guns and I wont.<br /><br />Sean

Bondo

Staff member

Actually, There are today, about 4 Million Members.........<br /><br />We may not be all that Big,............ But,... We Are Loud......................... ;)