NRA membership

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: NRA membership

This is exactly the kind of distorted reasoning and apathy that the Liberal Anti gunners are counting on. They'll stay focused and you all won't. They may not come to get your guns, Robby, but if your children practice the same apathy and misplaced logic as you do, they'll be prying the guns that you bequeath to your children out of their hands.<br /><br />Liberty and freedom do not come without constant vigilance. A law on the books does absolutely nothing unless the citizen is willing to put his money where his mouth is. Come on guys, wake up. Firearm ownership, amongst all rights that we enjoy, is under the most insidious, constant and relentless attack.<br /><br />So what they fingerprinted you Robby. I got my Garrand in 1983, thru the DCM. I was fingerprinted too. What did you expect them to do, send you a rifle through the mail without some proof that you were a law abiding citizen. You really think that they took your prints for nefarious reasons. Come on! Wake up!<br /><br />If ya'll just don't want to be a 'member', at least give the equivalant amount to NRA-ILA. It's the arm of the NRA that does all the fighting. You can contribute without being a member.<br /><br /> http://www.nraila.org/About/NRAILA.aspx Good read.<br /><br />However, for all those that are paranoid, I'm sure your name would still appear on a 'list'.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br />So what they fingerprinted you Robby. I got my Garrand in 1983, thru the DCM. I was fingerprinted too. What did you expect them to do, send you a rifle through the mail without some proof that you were a law abiding citizen.
Yeah, the DCM. But ya know Boom, (and I do agree with you on SUPPORT) you probably heard of "Sportsmens Guide" I think...Mail order rag...well, for $45 they sent me (about the same time) an old Mauser carbine (couple in fact) that shoots straight as all getup scopeless at 100 yards. and all they wanted was $$$...no questions asked. Anyway, I'm backing out of this slowly......turning around....and run like the wind.......

Laddies

Banned

Boomyal, Back in the early 60s, Robert Welch said, WHILE THE BEST MEN ROT IN FILTHY JAILS THOSE WHO CRIED APPEASE, APPEASE WILL BE SHOT BY THOSE THEY TRIED TO PLEASE. There is always a reason for some to shirk there dutys---Bob

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Ya know, this topic is very dear to me. I do not and will not bull**** when it comes to MY RIGHT as a US Citizen to keep an bear arms.<br /><br />If you do not favor the NRA fund raising methods...OK. I disagree with the technique to a degree too.<br /><br />But...if we as firearm owners will not support the NRA Lobby,.....what method do you here propose??????????<br /><br />Tell ya what, keep electing Teddy, Hillary, and that POs Schumer and the like minded ilk and you will be without any individual rights. Only the well too do and connected pols (and fat actors like Rossie) will be allowed individual freedoms.<br /><br />The NRA DOES NOT keep fire arms records......the BATF DOES.....<br /><br />I, as a law abiding consumer purchase guns. The BATF records and documents those purchases in a database. I do not appreciate that. But.......that is the current law........was before the Clintonistas.......<br /><br />"Gun Control Means Hitting Your Target"

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Robby6950:<br />
Originally posted by Boomyal:<br />So what they fingerprinted you Robby. I got my Garrand in 1983, thru the DCM. I was fingerprinted too. What did you expect them to do, send you a rifle through the mail without some proof that you were a law abiding citizen.
Yeah, the DCM. But ya know Boom, (and I do agree with you on SUPPORT) you probably heard of "Sportsmens Guide" I think...Mail order rag...well, for $45 they sent me (about the same time) an old Mauser carbine (couple in fact) that shoots straight as all getup scopeless at 100 yards. and all they wanted was $$$...no questions asked. Anyway, I'm backing out of this slowly......turning around....and run like the wind.......
Those guns were considered antiques, by federal law. They are not regulated and required no Federal Form 4473. I think the cutoff date was around 1898. Any firearm manufactured after that cannot be sent mailorder from dealer to individual, yet the Government that you are so paranoid of made an exception and sent you a modern rifle direct to you, with nothing more than your finger prints as proof of your good standing in society.<br /><br />Come on Robby! Git mit der program. The way you express your stand now, you are of the same influence on the subject as PW, Rolmops, WillyBright and theriver. Now you wouldn't want to be counted amongst the likes of them, would ya. ;)

jt57

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It is getting where people can't smoke a cigerette in some places. With crap like this, I only see it is a matter of time when we may lose the fight to keep our firearms.
This is comparing apples to oranges,smoking in public is a privilege,fire arm ownership is a right that is guaranted by the 2nd admendment,as far as the FBI knowing who owns guns,every time a citizen buys a registered gun,your name goes on a list.not joining the NRA will not prevent that,the NRA is there for the law biding citizen and iam thankful they are.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by pjc:<br /> The BATF records and documents those purchases in a database. I do not appreciate that. But.......that is the current law........was before the Clintonistas.......
pjc and jt57!!! You'll be happy to hear you are WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!! I REPEAT******WRONG***** :D <br /><br />The BATF is prohibited by law from keeping a database of gun owners. As the current interpretation of the 2nd Amendment stands, any federal restriction of ownership of legal firearms by legal citizens is prohibited and thereby any database to record that ownership is also prohibited. <br /><br />Even under Clinton, the liberal elements that pack the federal beauracracies (batf specifically here) tried their best to begin to compile a database from the 4473 forms that they had in there possesion. They had the sympathy, of course, of the Clintons and the PW's. This would have required a fair amount of money to do this. Congress, mind you, stepped in and said "uh, uh, you ain't going to do that. You have no mandate in law to do so. And just to be sure that you do not try to sneak around and do it anyway, we are going to defund you (the BATF) by a sufficient amount so that you do not have the funds to do it." THIS IS THE FACT OF IT. And it was only caught and congresses nose held to the fire BECAUSE OF THE NRA!!!!<br /><br />Here is the way the record keeping works. You buy a handgun from a dealer. They are required to fill out a LOCAL jurisdiction form that can be used to check your eligibility to own a handgun. There is a database at the local level ONLY. It is not tied in, in any way to a non-existant Federal data base. <br /><br />You also fill out a federal 4473 form for both handgun and longgun purchases. This form stays with the Firearm Dealer. There is no database of any kind created from these forms. If a Dealer goes out of business, these forms are forwarded to a federal depository for safekeeping, under the dealers name. It is from these retained forms that the BATF wanted to begin to create a Database, but were prohibited from doing so by Congress.<br /><br />Now you say, what is the point of either the dealer or the BATF retaining these 4473 forms?<br />If a crime is committed and the firearm retrieved, Law enforcement takes the serial number of the gun and goes to the Manufacturer. The manufacturer tells law enforcement what dealer or distributor purchased the firearm. Once the dealer is identified, then the appropriate law enforcement agency actually has to go to the dealer who then produces the 4473 to show who bought the gun. The trace goes on from there. If the dealer is no longer in business then the logs and forms of that dealer can simply be accessed at the BATF repository.<br /><br />****Again, THERE IS NO FIREARMS OWNERSHIP DATABASE other than for handguns only, at the local county or city level.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

I am glad the signers of the Declaration of Independence weren't a bunch of faint-hearted woosies who were afraid their names would be seen on the document.<br /><br />Life member of the National Rifle Association<br />Life member of the Texas State Rifle Association<br />Life Member of Gun Owners of America<br /><br /><br />-dd-

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by dogsdad:<br /> I am glad the signers of the Declaration of Independence weren't a bunch of faint-hearted woosies who were afraid their names would be seen on the document.<br /><br />Life member of the National Rifle Association<br />Life member of the Texas State Rifle Association<br />Life Member of Gun Owners of America<br /><br /><br />-dd-
They're just guilt ridden, dogsdad. They're just lookin for excuses to justify their lack of cajones! :rolleyes: or at least they just didn't understand how the record keeping worked. After my post, they won't be able to use those excuses anymore.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

I stand corrected Boomyal...and a thank you!!!<br /><br />Folks, please consider the truth that Boomyal is posting, please consider support of the NRA, ILA,...<br /><br />or a gun rights group you are comnfortable with.<br /><br />Hell, the RNC is a very good start!!!!!!!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by pjc:<br /> Hell, the RNC is a very good start!!!!!!!
You're absolutely correct about that, pjc! One of the first things the Bush administration stated after the 2000 innaguration, was their commitment to the true intent of the 2nd Amendment.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

And again, I will give a Huge Thank You to Boomyal.<br /><br />Your passion, as well as accurate information, will hopefully provide support for the NRA, or other Fire Arm Rights Groups.<br /><br />Please consider Your Constitutional Rights as well as Freedoms people. And, as "azfyrfyter63" posted above, consider our boating rights, or, privileges, if you will.<br /><br />I say....."there coming to take them away ha ha" so to speak....this is reality, and happening now due to additional minuscule "fees" we pay to launch a boat, or posses a firearm. Like Prez. Hillarys "assault weapons ban" and the related ammo and firearms restrictions enabled via that law, we see an erosion of our traditional "rights" as well as "privileges".<br /><br />Thank You So Much.....off soap box now.......

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

I used to worry about being on a list. I still try to hide what I'm doing when getting loaded up to go to the range so the looney left (and potential burglers staking out the neighborhood don't take notice) amongst my neighbors don't take notice. But I have to agree with most every word Boomyall said, and several others along the same lines. If we fail to stand up now then why bother later! I just let my membership lapse, but as soon as I get enough overtime to catch up I'll renew again. I don't disagree about them being pushy when marketing, but who else has the guts to effectively stand up for us? Thanks Boomyal.<br /><br />By the way, folks, someone up the list made a comment about how we'd finally get excited enough if our fishing was being taken away. I don't think it will get taken away, but get ready to be taxed on it. I'm dead serious. Our own public lands are being held hostage more and more, and we're being extorted to use them. Watch out for radically increasing access fees and many access points being restricted and eliminated. Fees for using what already belongs to us. Fees which in some places are profitting some concessionaire who is literally turning a profit on what belongs to us.<br />Army Corps of Engineers is doing this. US Forest Service is doing this. Many states are doing this. BLM is doing this. This has nothing with left vs. right, demo vs. repub. Has everything to do with a number of government officials in all the three branches of gov't selling out to big business. Stinks of corruption if you ask me. President Theodore Roosevelt, the Conservative Republican Environmentalist (in the very best way was he an environmentalist- we outdoorsmen owe much to him), must be spinning in his grave! <br /><br />Coming soon to a lake near you.... <br />We had best make our voices heard on both fronts before we get run over again.

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

If, and God forbid it happens that the Government calls in all guns then you can bet the penalty for not complying will be so severe that you'll gladly give them up, so being on a gun ownership or NRA members list will be a moot point. I'm a life member of the NRA and they're the main buffer between Second Amendment ownership and the Hilliary/Schumer/Kennedy confiscation plan. For years the Edelman's Gun Shop on Long Island had a bumper sticker that said,"If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns." Check what happened in England and Australia after guns were outlawed for a sad example of legalized gun confiscation.

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

I do believe in what the NRA is doing. The legal department is fighting for all our right to bear arms as per the 2nd Amendment. If all of you all think otherwise then you are giving in to the like of the Clintons, Kennedy and they have already won without even firing a shot!!! Look at what is happening to England and Australia, you can even own a firearm now. And their crime are is climbing. You don't have to contribute if you don't want to, that's you right. But it would help. <br /><br />Life member and proud of it.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by beezee28:<br /> I do believe in what the NRA is doing. The legal department is fighting for all our right to bear arms as per the 2nd Amendment. If all of you all think otherwise then you are giving in to the like of the Clintons, Kennedy and they have already won without even firing a shot!!! Look at what is happening to England and Australia, you can even own a firearm now. And their crime are is climbing. You don't have to contribute if you don't want to, that's you right. But it would help. <br /><br />Life member and proud of it.
Unfortunately, the nations of our beloved Commonwealth Cousins were not born in the forge of conflict, as was ours. They have no national experience or fire in there bellies for the the concept of the inalienable right to personal firearms. But none the less that does not make the broad historical concept of it any less valid. Let's just be sure that we do not get so far distant that we adopt their same malaise. What was valid, in this instance, in 1789, is no less valid today. And that my friends was the genius of our national birth and the wisdom of those who were responsible for it.

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

NRA Life member here for the last 30 years. <br /><br />Forget about your name on their membership list, if it comes to that they'll know from other means.<br /><br />Stand up for what you have. If nothing else, your name on the membership roles gives them the power of numbers when they lobby congress.<br /><br />Jinx

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br />Unfortunately, the nations of our beloved Commonwealth Cousins were not born in the forge of conflict, as was ours. They have no national experience or fire in there bellies for the the concept of the inalienable right to personal firearms. [/QB]
In Australia's case you'd be right.<br /><br />As we were founded as a convict colony by the Poms they weren't going to let us get our hands on any guns, nor did they want to repeat the experience of colonials asserting a right to bear arms about a dozen years after you'd shown them where that can lead.<br /><br />We evolved our nation in a gentler manner from convict colony to separate colonies to federation of the colonies as states within our nation without any armed conflict among ourselves or with England, or anyone else. <br /><br />During the same period you had your devastating Civil War which has no parallel here. You also had your Frontier Wars which also don't have any real parallel here as our settlers and military forces didn't face anything like the organised opposition you had from indigenous peoples. Then there were various other military episodes like your wars with the Spanish through Mexico and the early 19th century wars with the British through Canada. The net result was, unlike here, a long period of intermittent military conflict on your soil after Independence which had to make citizens aware of the need to defend themselves.<br /><br />Here, government tended to follow settlers reasonably soon so that we came to rely on police forces and government for order and defence, although there are thousands of examples of how people were badly served by drunks and fools in those offices.

Bondo

Staff member

I'm with ya Boomyal........<br /><br />NRA Endowment member........ since the 70s......