Northeast iboats members get together !

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Northeast iboats members get together !

I would absolutely attend a Lake Raystown get-together.

chiefalen

Captain

Keep it coming. No more ideas ??

zach103

Commander

how bout long island sound? right in the middle of ny ct ri nj

arks

Lieutenant Commander

Chiefalen-
I sent you a PM.....

chiefalen

Captain

Arks you have a PM. And thank you.

mthieme

Captain

The Southern get together is down to planning the menu for criminy's sake.
I'm thinking that it's more of a Florida get together rather than a (more) regional thing. Are we trying to cover too much geography here in the north?
I'm thinking of maybe campaigning for a Chesapeake iBoats get together independent of what else happens.
I know there were a few guys up for Raystown Lake which is a good middle ground for a lot of folks. Nothing wrong with LI Sound, too far for me though especially dragging a 'Ray behind me. Perhaps we (or some of us) should think a little more locally (?).
Just a thought.

chiefalen

Captain

I am about to broach the subject of Cedar point with my squaw, gonna set the date today and make reservations i'll keep you people posted.

Boys have a week of Boy Scout summer camp, all signed up for it already, July 5 to 11.

Got to see when school lets out here, and the soon to be senior has appointments to go see collages, Towson is next i think.

mthieme

Captain

Cedar Point as in Sandusky Ohio ?
My wife would push the trailer there!!!!
We go there every other year - without a boat though.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i visited Sandusky in the 80's. loved it, but that was July.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

My son lives within sight of Cedar Point. He's hoping to get a job there this season. I had thought about getting everyone together there, but for visiting purposes, everyone is going to be more attracted to the attractions. Probably more in the water park section :D

Chief, I was just waiting for you to get your dates. So far my vacation times haven't been set. The park gets really crowded on the weekends. Even if we just had a picnic for an afternoon would be cool at Pleasant Hill. I did forget to mention that there is another lake that is about 10 min away. Its a bigger lake (CharlesMill) but has a 10 hp limit. Westbranch would also be a possible do'er. I'm just not sure if they have electric at their transient docks. Once we have a date set, then it will just be a matter of promoting it.

eastont

Chief Petty Officer

Why not along the Canada/US border. The St. Lawrence River with the 1000 Islands and Alexandria Bay. It would be a great place for everything. Fishing/camping/restaurants/nightclubs, and best of all, boating on the river among the islands is unforgettable.

chiefalen

Captain

Bond-o is up there Eastont.

Yea looks like last week in July gonna talk to her now, yesterday we couldn't get the hotel web page to work to give us a reservation.

I'll post again today with what we come up with.

chiefalen

Captain

last week in july getting there sunday leaving thursday, mid week rates (wink).

chiefalen

Captain

To far to pull the boat. Hope my company is enough.

Td was ther about 4-5 years ago first stop on the National park tour we took.

First stop sandusky for 3-4 days then on to the mall of america, than national parks made it to the nv border and turned south now i wish we did go to Cali.

6 weeks on the road and like 12 thousand miles on the van, Salt lake city i had the oil changed in the van.

Wound up at my bothers near dallas. Stayed there and drove all over texas.

Then back up thru Tenn. was great. Alberque nm woke up opened the blinds and was a thousand hot air ballons in the air just fanstastik.

zach103

Commander

i still say long island sound

arks

Lieutenant Commander

I'm thinking of maybe campaigning for a Chesapeake iBoats get together independent of what else happens.....
Perhaps we (or some of us) should think a little more locally (?).
Just a thought.

I think that's an excellent idea. If we can do something in the upper Chesapeake, I could bring my Silverton- as long as gas prices aren't outta sight.:rolleyes:

There's a nice, unregulated island just west of Turkey Point (at the top of the Bay). It's locally called "Sand Island" but the charts show it as a spoil just west of Fishing Battery. It's along the boat channel to Havre de Grace and is a VERY popular hang-out. Even on the busiest weekend, there's plenty of room. Fishing and skiing/tubing are good here, too. I'll suggest that as a meeting spot :D

To see the spot, open this chart, put your cursor at the area where the pink line touches the island, then zoom in by clicking 3 times!

http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/12274.shtml

For the past 2 years my dockmates have hosted a big weekend party at Sand Island called "Joeapalooza" (I'll explain someday). They even have a (very good) live band playing from a houseboat. Here's some pics from last year. The guy in the first shot is JOE, and he's quite a character:

Click on the picture to enlarge.

mthieme

Captain

We have the same thing early in the season on the Dobbins Island on the Magothy. I lost count at 500 boats last year. Several rafts were damn near 1/4 mile long. Can't seem to find pics at the moment. I documented the bikini fashion for 2008!:D
It' been decades since I've made it north of Hart-Miller Island.
Sounds good. Looks like a I'd probably trailer my skiff...looks like a three hour run in the 'Ray.
I couldn't find the spot onthe chart. The only spoil area is SW - the other side of the channel at the mouth of the Sassafras. Details. Googled it and it came up as a rafting hot spot.

skargo

Banned

Anymore on a Chesapeake get together? That is if a newbie is welcome. I was going to launch my new(to me) Nova this weekend, unfortunately, I'm suffering from sinusitis and an ear infection, which affects my balance. That and the meds make for a not fun, possibly unsafe outing.

Next weekend...I can NOT wait!!!!

skargo

Banned

We have the same thing early in the season on the Dobbins Island on the Magothy. I lost count at 500 boats last year. Several rafts were damn near 1/4 mile long. Can't seem to find pics at the moment. I documented the bikini fashion for 2008!:D
It' been decades since I've made it north of Hart-Miller Island.
Sounds good. Looks like a I'd probably trailer my skiff...looks like a three hour run in the 'Ray.
I couldn't find the spot onthe chart. The only spoil area is SW - the other side of the channel at the mouth of the Sassafras. Details. Googled it and it came up as a rafting hot spot.

Find "sand island" attached. ;)

Attachments

• sand island.jpg
    sand island.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 0

wajajaja02

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I m all for the Hudson ,or Raritan bay, Boat campers can find accomodations , anchorage. Chiefalan laid it out, and there is protection for smaller boats, to joint the flotilla. Military, has lodging options on Staten Island, and in ft Monmouth, email me.

Status
Not open for further replies.