Northeast iboats members get together !

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmat1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Northeast iboats members get together !

I cant legally drive out of state till im 18.. or 17 1/2 if i dont mess up :]

so count me out.

wajajaja02

Senior Chief Petty Officer

still a mystery what state your in Pmat1, put your location in the profile huh. :D

pmat1

Petty Officer 1st Class

lol sorry.. pa

zach103

Commander

well most of us that wasnna go are in nj ct and nj.. so some where in the sound i still say.. i doubt my boat will make it to sag harbor tho lol

NoGin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Like I said the Cove in Port Jeff is really nice! It's pretty much dead center of the LI Sound.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I could do Port Jefferson. Depends on the date.

NoGin

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am leaning towards the last weekend in August. Kind of a NE iboat Summer Send Off (even though I am hoping and praying for a "late summer.") :D

zach103

Commander

how bout fishers island..

wajajaja02

suggest a definition of the targeted geography to be included in this raft up, ie:
1 the tri state new jersey,,york, conn, then long island sound or the the hudson is good. or the Raritan bay area. upper NY harbor,
2 jersey=south,pa,del,md , then the upper chesaepeak starts to work,
3 del,pa,md,s jersey,

Perhaps we need three different plaloozas, each in their own area. this whole party will drown over the where at this rate.

pmat1

Petty Officer 1st Class

I forgot my car is uninspected so count me out. I still drive around, the cops could care less as long as you are not drunk.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Long Island Sound out of Waterford, Plum Gut, The Race? Great fishing place, love go under the Ole Nan railroad bridge.........

PDR_0110_1.jpg

wajajaja02

want to set some requirements besides whats convenient to ME!
1 acessable to trailerble boats., 2 safe to all size boats, 3 safe achorage, over nite 4 Public camping facilities 5 nearby traisient marina, fuel 6 water side /dock side dineing 6?????????? 7 facilitate members participating without boats

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

Isn't the water near NYC and NJ filthy? Where is the clean water at? I know northern, and western NJ is almost like NY state. Nice and clean. What about the cape off of boston, forget the name, that big hook of land?

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Isn't the water near NYC and NJ filthy? Where is the clean water at? I know northern, and western NJ is almost like NY state. Nice and clean. What about the cape off of boston, forget the name, that big hook of land?

No. Actually the water in the greater NYC area is quite clean. In fact, a recent beach review listed Island Beach state park in NJ as one of the most desirable ocean beaches on the east coast.

Check this out - The top polluted beaches in the US. Notice that NY and NJ are not listed.

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/a...Ec2VjA2ZwLXRvZGF5BHNsawNwb2xsdXRlZC1iZWFjaGVz

skargo

Banned

No. Actually the water in the greater NYC area is quite clean. In fact, a recent beach review listed Island Beach state park in NJ as one of the most desirable ocean beaches on the east coast.

Check this out - The top polluted beaches in the US. Notice that NY and NJ are not listed.

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/a...Ec2VjA2ZwLXRvZGF5BHNsawNwb2xsdXRlZC1iZWFjaGVz
They certainly ARE listed on this list. 4 NJ and 1 NY beach(es)
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-...-2009-7#zachs-bay-at-jones-beach-state-park-1

pduquette

Ensign

Zach103 / Blu Lunch -Can you scout a few spots along the Ct river/Old Say Brook . or West Haven They seem to be better harbors ( I Don't have charts past Naraganset ) .
I'm gonna have to trailer to at least there to make a run at port jefferson or L.I. Totaly a go if green lighted . We need concrete facts, pictures , current strengts etc to move this from dreamin to planning !!! :D

Mark42 I know you've travled L.I. sound in your MFG - do you think a cross from West Haven to P.J. would be hairy?? How bout New London to Orient Point ? CT people feel free to chime in too . peter
ps I do have gps :)

Blue Crabber

Ensign

I am leaning towards the last weekend in August. Kind of a NE iboat Summer Send Off (even though I am hoping and praying for a "late summer.") :D

If this is the date that is choosen I will not be able to make it. However, I hope that all you guys can come up with something that works out! Maybe we can make it to the next one. Good luck!

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

i just remember a seinfeld episode where cramer went swiming in the east river. And jerry was like, "YOU WENT SWIMMING IN THE EAST RIVER!?"

oh, and i always wanted to check out north brother island. i don't know if they will let you go ashore or not. but it looks cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.