Nobody fishing?

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Sad day today...put the boat to bed for the winter...now the long boring winter with no boating or fishing.. Very depressing actually, wish I could talk wife into moving south at least for the winter !! Bahumbug....
You're a lot further South than I. Today Snowflakes in the air and 3, but it will be warm tomorrow, 11, likely the last day the sunroof will be open, by next week the highs will be -6 and the lows -12

airshot

Rear Admiral
You're a lot further South than I. Today Snowflakes in the air and 3, but it will be warm tomorrow, 11, likely the last day the sunroof will be open, by next week the highs will be -6 and the lows -12
Minus temps already.....bbbrrrrrr

airshot

Rear Admiral
ice fishing?
We dont get enough ice to make it worthwhile. Last time we had good ice was probably 10 years back and 5 years before that. My gear is so old it is becomming petrified !!

KJM

Lieutenant
We dont get enough ice to make it worthwhile. Last time we had good ice was probably 10 years back and 5 years before that. My gear is so old it is becomming petrified !!
Yeah, even up here where I live, ice is forming later and becoming less reliable.

FLATHEAD

Captain
We used to be able to ice fish and ice skate on the lakes around here in southeast Pa. in the dead of winter. Hasn’t been safe ice for years. When we were kids we could walk for miles on the frozen creeks. Now they never freeze over. Today 11/17 it’s 70 degrees.
Would have been out on the boat except for 22MPH gust.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
It hit 15 today, forecast was 11 or 12. Warmest Nov 17 I can recall, ever.

airshot

Rear Admiral
There is some truth to global warming, it progresses slowly but it's real.
If you do some serious study and research you will find the earth has undergone major climate change about 8 times in the past 300K years it is estimated. One if those times is what killed off the dinosaurs. Studies estimate it takes a good thousand years to go thru a cycle. While burning fossil fuels may not be helping the situation, it isn't the cause...if it were then why has this happened 7 or more times in the past long before fossil fuels were even discovered ??

Last edited by a moderator:

KJM

Lieutenant
Yes, it is happening, but not for the reasons the gov't is telling us. If you do some serious study and research you will find the earth has undergone major climate change about 8 times in the past 300K years it is estimated. One if those times is what killed off the dinosaurs. Studies estimate it takes a good thousand years to go thru a cycle. While burning fossil fuels may not be helping the situation, it isn't the cause...if it were then why has this happened 7 or more times in the past long before fossil fuels were even discovered ??
I imagine this conversation will get shut down real quick, but anyway.....dinosaurs were wiped out by a comet about 65 million yrs ago. Yes the climate has warmed and cooled before, but its the fast rate of change that makes this time different.

MRS

Commander
^^^ stay on MRS topic
Thanks just fishing no fish big fish little fish good times on the water boat or shore. I have not been out for awhile family and home stuff plus work but love reading every bodies fish stories.