Nobody fishing?

DeepCMark58A

Commander
No need to take the boat out to fish, catch supper off the dock. I get everything ready to cook wife goes down to the dock. The fish are caught then cooking in less than 15 minutes. Sometimes I use a bumble bee fly never catch a small bluegill or crappie on a bee fly for some reason.

yoboat

Cadet
Lake Erie walleye!

Attachments

• 47118.jpeg
    47118.jpeg
    369 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1657480410120.jpg
    FB_IMG_1657480410120.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 0

FLATHEAD

Commander
Found a pattern and Had a hot bite on local lake this morning. Managed between 15 and 20 bass. Mix of LM and SM. Nothing huge but these two and three pounders are a blast.

7C72336F-E5EB-4B13-9C68-1CF56DB8F4E6.jpeg

aspeck

Staff member
Got out this morning, hit the water a few minutes before 6am and by 6:30am boated 2 smallies about a pound or pound and a half each, a 4 pound large mouth, and 2 smallies that shock off while giving an impressive aerial display. And just like that the bite shut off … not a bite for the next 2 hours of casting.

Reactions: MRS

MRS

Commander
Got out this morning, hit the water a few minutes before 6am and by 6:30am boated 2 smallies about a pound or pound and a half each, a 4 pound large mouth, and 2 smallies that shock off while giving an impressive aerial display. And just like that the bite shut off … not a bite for the next 2 hours of casting.
Glad you got out and got some fish. To hot here now maybe next week give it a go plus with the holiday weekend here now no way I would try to get on the lake 108% today....

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Been cruising the weed edge every night this past week. It has been amazing the number of small sunfish and bass are cruising the weed edge, the fish are not being chased either. When the water cools off the predators will move in and I will be ready for them. I the lake I live on has some dandy northerns.

aspeck

Staff member
Been cruising the weed edge every night this past week. It has been amazing the number of small sunfish and bass are cruising the weed edge, the fish are not being chased either. When the water cools off the predators will move in and I will be ready for them. I the lake I live on has some dandy northerns.
We have some dandy musky ... I do my best for them trolling the mud flats in 20 feet of water with 7" baits (Swim Whiz or Rapala).

DeepCMark58A

Commander
We have some dandy musky ... I do my best for them trolling the mud flats in 20 feet of water with 7" baits (Swim Whiz or Rapala).
Here the water is really clear so there is no real hard weed edge I like to use sucker minnows just over the deeper vegetation.

aspeck

Staff member
Our lake is almost 200 ft deep ... not a ton of vegetation in it. Find a flat and you might find vegetation ...

aspeck

Staff member
Hit @dwco5051 's home lake with him yesterday. We picked up some small bass and a few crappie. Most of all it was a fun time with another iboats member. Very glad for iboats and the members that have become friends over the years.

dwco5051

Commander
Hit @dwco5051 's home lake with him yesterday. We picked up some small bass and a few crappie. Most of all it was a fun time with another iboats member. Very glad for iboats and the members that have become friends over the years.
Yep, a fun time but I noticed the aspeck used the collective term we. Actually I let him fish from the lucky side of the boat. He caught all the fish, I almost caught one but it was a sunken branch.

aspeck

Staff member
Yep, a fun time but I noticed the aspeck used the collective term we. Actually I let him fish from the lucky side of the boat. He caught all the fish, I almost caught one but it was a sunken branch.
Hey, we were in the same boat, you were the captain and the guide ... it was a "WE" effort ...

aspeck

Staff member
So, got home from a birthday vacation and there is a package on my desk from @dwco5051 . It is a Rapala … a Husky Jerk! I am not sure if he is trying to tell me something, or replacing a similar lure that was lost in our fishing expedition. Hmmm, should I be offended or thankful? :D:p Well, Officer Coe, this husky jerk thanks you muchly! Let’s go again! If you come to Raystown we can catch white perch!

briangcc

Commander
Season is pretty much wrapped up for my family (we don't ice fish). I'll see if I can dig up some pics later but...

All my boys caught fish this year. Oldest caught his first largemouth bass and first catfish - both were in the 12" range.

Middle son caught his first largemouth and first smallmouth bass - both in the 12" range. He also managed to catch me (hand), his brother (life jacket) and his other brother (in front of the boat - he was casting from the back). Gonna work on casting in the spring :)

Youngest (with help from mom) caught his first bass - 12".

Wife I finally got to touch worm and bait hooks - that's a milestone. Guess it helped the first day of vacation I got a really bad sunburn so I couldn't be out in the sun for a few days so she got fishing duty with the boys. She also managed to start taking fish off (another first) and lipped (another first) her largest fish - 16" largemouth.

All caught panfish - perch, crappie, sunfish/bluegill.

Not shabby and they're all talking about next year already.