No WMD?? They not only have them, they are now using them!!

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer
Re: No WMD?? They not only have them, they are now using them!!

If Bush gets re-elected, I don't really think he'll care. Whats he got to lose? He's already driven us into an unjust and illegal war and got away with it. Syria will be next if Bush is re-elected, and maybe even if he is not. We've already imposed import sanctions on them.

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

mrbscott19,<br />So you're OK with terrorists hammering away at us with complete impugnity? Was 9-11 OK in your eyes? Maybe Saddam didn't have the airplanes strike where they did but he WAS in severe violation of UN resolutions. He did have illegal WMD's, sending many to Syria for "safekeeping", and was openly and flagrantly encouraging terrorism. He was one of many empowering those who hate the rest of the world, especially the US. We should have just left them to inflict whatever damage around the world they pleased? Never mind the genocide he was committing against his own people. Where was the spineless and utterly corrupt UN when we needed to stand together to make a safer world? The only criminal acts besides Saddam's were committed by UN members who refused to enforce their own resolution. Now that we are there trying with great restraint and precision to take care of business you would have us leave and have all the blood spilled be in vain? Didn't we learn anything from the way we left Vietnam? Much blood would have been spilled there regardless of our presence. Only now the Iraqi people have a chance to not be under a brutal dictator for once, and we have sent an overdue message to all the tinhorn terrorists around the world that the US isn't as spineless as the leftists in our midst would for some perverted, mysterious reason have us be. Peace will only happen when the bad guys put down their weapons. This they will not do unless someone makes them. Who will do this? Only the US and our coalition friends have the courage to do so. So do you really want a world run by bands of terror groups speaking arabic? They have already hit us, and they will try again. Would you prefer the battle be fought on our soil? We could have our own version of daily terror Israel style. Little kids and women detonating themselves on OUR busses and in OUR malls. Sound like a good idea to you?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> All you folks did not need any evidence of the WMD's to justify the war the day before yesterday. Why all of a sudden are you all excited now??<br />
We are not only excited. Many of us are gloating over a dead rat. It matters only in that it may instsruct the deployers (my sworn ememy by the way), in just how to use the others they may have to a better effect. They obviously had no clue they had stumbled upon Sadamn's stash of WMD, if they have, and now thanks to the ememy media ,they know exactly what they have, and how to deploy!<br /><br />
quote= PW2:<br /><br />As Rumsfeld stated, we don't know what it was yet, or where it came from, or how it got there.<br />
And we know who DOES know, don't we?<br /><br />
quote= PW2:<br /><br />There was never a doubt that at some point in time Iraq had chemical weapons. We supplied them to them for use on the Iranians. He used them, predicably, on the Kurds, some 12 years ago. That was well documented.<br />
Yes, and yet, you have no problem with that?<br />I believe there are more.<br />You may believe there are not..So ask yourself a vital series of questions;<br /><br />What if I'm right? <br />What if I am wrong?<br /><br />What if you're right? <br />What if you're wrong?<br />I am for preparing for the worst, and dealing with the actual.How about you?<br /><br /><br />
quote= PW2:<br /><br />The case for the war was that Saddam was a grave and gathering threat (somehow that is different, I guess, from an "imminent" threat) that he had an active program for manufacturing chemical agents in mobile labs (which Powell has said he was mis informed about) and that he was well on his way acquiring Nuclear weapons.<br />
He was a grave and gathering threat,and his droogies still are! Check your crystal ball, and tell me how much wmd do they possess. Didn't think so, but now that you are forced to know they are being deployed, what will it take for you to join the side of this conflict that opposes such proliferation,and the defeat of those who do the deeds?<br /> <br /><br />
quote= PW2:<br /><br />One aged shell with what purports to be aged sarin gas, although we are not yet sure...does not make any of the stated argument for the war accurate.
In case your media outlet has again supressed the vital fact that sarin has been confirmed (so much for purports,huh?),and that it did what it was designed to do, although deployed improperly (thank GOD), I'll give you a pass on that one.<br />One shell of sarin here, one mustard gass weapon there....Would you stake the lives of military and civialiian americans on your bet that this was the last?<br />Now that Saheeb Abdul Yomamma knows what he had/has, he now knows how to better dploy them wih the next "setup"...That would pretty-much empty Bagdad for you.<br /><br /><br />
quote= PW2:<br /><br />As Snapper accurately stated, there are a bunch of countries that have lots more serious WMD's that pose a much larger threat to us then and now. What are we to do about them?
Yes...That makes it all better, don't it? I typed that with a twang of sarcasm in my carpel tunnel, but just one more reason for me to pray to God, and pray for his guidance of our leadership. It's a bigger problem than mortal man can solve. Pandora's box opened with the bio weapons catipulted over the castle walls way back when. We have thier predecessors over there and in syria ,but that seems to be quite allright with Al Jazeeeeeeeera. However,It aint allright with me.