No WMD?? They not only have them, they are now using them!!

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: No WMD?? They not only have them, they are now using them!!

and they eat snails and frogs,

SoulWinner

Commander

It is my understanding that French Legionaires are mostly (if not entirely ) made up of foriegners, like they have a huge number of Dutch in thier ranks. Years ago I thought of joining and looked into it, but speaking french.....? I reckon I'm just not man enough for that!

Carphunter

Commander

Hey, I have eaten frogs. :p <br /><br />Well I ditto the ditto that ob dittoe'd then mellow dittoe'd and then SBN dittoe'd<br /><br />Is "Dittoe'd" even a word?<br />.....and how do you say it?<br />is it.... Dit-toe'd, or Di-ttoe'd, or just D-i-t-t-o-e-'d. :D <br /><br />Sorry JB :( , I'll try to stay on the subject at hand.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

What about other countries besides Iraq who have, or could easily produce, weapons classified as WMD's? The list is long... India, China, Pakistan, North Korea, France, Russia, UK, and US are just a few of the bigguns...<br /><br />Why not go into North Korea and dis-arm that nut job? Kim Chong-il could really "reach out and touch someone" if he really wanted, and it ought to scare the hell out of anyone who has half a brain cell... <br /><br /> Kim Chong-il is sort of a hero in a twisted way.. Least he had the guts to basicly tell the UN and the rest of the world to kiss off, which is what we should do...<br /><br />PS. Kenny, "Just imagine what a terroist's could do with just one drop of sarin gas or outdated mustard gas, in your neighborhood!" <br />My neighborhood? HA! If you only new... I'm not that lucky...

PW2

Commander

All you folks did not need any evidence of the WMD's to justify the war the day before yesterday. Why all of a sudden are you all excited now??<br /><br />As Rumsfeld stated, we don't know what it was yet, or where it came from, or how it got there.<br /><br />There was never a doubt that at some point in time Iraq had chemical weapons. We supplied them to them for use on the Iranians. He used them, predicably, on the Kurds, some 12 years ago. That was well documented.<br /><br />The case for the war was that Saddam was a grave and gathering threat (somehow that is different, I guess, from an "imminent" threat) that he had an active program for manufacturing chemical agents in mobile labs (which Powell has said he was mis informed about) and that he was well on his way acquiring Nuclear weapons.<br /><br />One aged shell with what purports to be aged sarin gas, although we are not yet sure...does not make any of the stated argument for the war accurate.<br /><br />As Snapper accurately stated, there are a bunch of countries that have lots more serious WMD's that pose a much larger threat to us then and now. What are we to do about them?

ob

Admiral

And just how do you suppose you found out about these other countries(ie North Korea) that pose a threat.Hopefully not from the administration that you are reluctant to give the benefit of the doubt to.I guees none of what any of us say holds water.<br /><br />Heck even Joe lieberman and Hillary Clinton stated that we have an important mission to see thru in Iraq.That is unless they changed their mind again.It's difficult at best getting the straight scoop from either party when politics comes into play.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

WMD = Weapon of Mass Destruction<br /><br />1 artillery shell with some Sarin gas is not even close to a WMD. Put a chemical warhead on a missle and you've got WMD, but 1 artillery shell?? Even if it had detonated, it would not have caused "Mass Destruction". I'd bet money the people that had it didn't even know what it contained.

PW2

Commander

While I argued against the war long before we entered it--at this point in time that is a purely academic argument. We are there, and somehow we have to finish it.<br />I personally think we are proceeding in the wrong way, but time will tell.<br /><br />What I simply don't understand is the seeming excitement over one artillery shell, as if it made any difference in anything. And I think a good share of the lack of extensive media coverage, except for FOX, of course, is that we don't really know what we found yet, and we have been mis-informed before. It is really not news at this point in time--certainly not verified, at least.<br /><br />As far as info on other threats in the world, that has long been known from many and varied sources--my question remains--what are we to do with them? Are we to attack them all?? The so called Bush doctrine of preemption???

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

But PW2, everytime we go to do something about these "others". Your type say we are war mongers who need to step down.<br /><br />You can't just go around and dictate to every country though. Everyone has the right to live the way they want. If someone decides to try and make us an annex, or just wants to make our nose bleed. Then we have the right to smack them around a little bit. I do not agree that we should help these clowns rebuild though. I think it's high time we put some heavier limits on that crap. The faster they rebuild, the quicker they are back on the opposing front lines.<br /><br />The UN was suppose to be a tool to keep everyone from using WMDs against each other. I think they thought that at some point everyone would see that we all just want to survive, and decide to dispose of all our WMD. At least that was one feature of the UN. Well, it is not working. There will always be those who want to play outside the sandbox, but are still in range to hit you with rocks.<br /><br />We can not get everyone to remove WMDs. We are just tired of hearing from clowns that want to bash us that there were no WMD in Iraq. We need to tell the UN to kiss off and move out of U.S. soil. We need to just stock pile what ever we want and let the world know that we have it.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

PW, 80 tons of unaccounted mustard gas is a pretty<br />serious threat don't you think? we gave Iraq a<br />chance to show they were complying with their<br />"terms of surrender", but they chose not to for<br />the umpteenth time... gotta draw the line somewhere right?

Carphunter

Commander

PW2, I have to say, you are reaching new levels of idiocy with your new moniker than you did with the Plywoody alias.<br /><br />You are a typical left wing liberal that does not think before speaking. People that think like you will be the downfall of this country.<br /><br />Pathetic. I feel sorry for you................no, I really don't.<br /><br />Regardless of what some misinformed individuals say, this artillary was full of a chemical weapon that is classified as a WMD. If detonated properly, it would have done some serious damage. Luckily were dealing with idiots that didn't know the proper way to detonate this weapon. Guess what, they are not supposed to have these weapons...........DUH!<br /><br />Its amazing how some of you seem to defend these insurgents............I have to ask, are you logging on from Iraq? Are you anti-American? Are you against our military? <br /><br />Pathetic.<br /><br />If you think this is the only WMD they will try to use, then your nuts. These weapons are there, and a steady flow of these weapons will be making their way BACK into Iraq from Syria. Thats right, BACK into Iraq.<br /><br />The hate that these lefties have for Bush, makes them blind to what is right in front of their face.<br /><br />Pathetic.<br /><br />PW2, I hardly think that there is "excitement" from our troops after finding this WMD. Imagine, being one of the soldiers, knowing that your enemy has these weapons, and now it appears that they are gonna start using them. "Excitement" is just another poor choice of words.<br /><br />
PW2 said;<br />One aged shell with what purports to be aged Sarin gas, although we are not yet sure...does not make any of the stated arguement for the war accurate.
One of the most idiotic statements that I have ever had the dis-pleasure of reading here on iboats.<br /><br />You are not even worthy of a response.........shame on me for giving you one.

crab bait

Captain

boy, there sure is alot of 'insurgents'..when are they gonna just drop that stupid word an just say iraqy people..

cmyers_uk

Crab bait, when they stop finding that lots of them come from Jordan , syria , Pakistan and other countries and find they are coming from Iraq. Look at the top people being hunted they dont come from Iraq.

cmyers_uk

Well except for that bloke with his own army who it seems is to dangerous to go and get in Najaf.. <br /><br />Oh and the blokes in Falluja that looked a little scary, still luckly weve got a Iraqi General from the old regieme to go in and ask them to stop things are looking better.<br /><br />The best thing to finish this job is to fight and destroy these people, not retreat when they put up a fight and restore the old guard that will only encourage others to keep fighting.

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

Will we still be discussing the WMD thing if they somehow smuggle a small, crude nuke onto a US bound airplane? They would if they could, and there have been reports that there have been warheads unaccounted for in the world and rumored to be for sale in the last 10-20 years. I much prefer we distract (& destroy) the terrorists right there in Iraq rather than give them time to come up with a way to hit us here again. Coming to us there is better than here anyday. Only "advantage" of another hit here is it would shut the mouths of those who divide us. God forbid they should ever succeed to that point. <br /><br />The UN has become so irrelevant. I agree we need to show them the way out of here. We could spend that tax money so much better than to give it to those who fail to enforce their own resolutions and put the vast majority of effort into slamming the US. Their nonsense is making things worse if anything. In the Sudan they were aiding and abetting the Islamic aggresors and preventing aid from going to the victim tribes. Where is the accountability? That is what you get when you give a comittee of corrupt people the checkbook.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

LMAO SoulWinner..... :D :D :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The "Imminent threat" was that he had them, he lied about destroying them and they could fall into terrorist hands.<br /><br />As I understand it, the identification was that it was one of a specific inventory he said were desttroyed.

ebbtide176

Commander

i just wanted to remind the critical here that their thinkers aren't working... ;) <br /><br />you don't need a missile to go from IED to WMD with bio & chem weapons. you could pour it into a water balloon, blow it thru a straw, coat a stamp, etc. jeez get a grip<br /><br />and to sit back and whine of not going to war with someone else who might deserve it more, just to criticize the administrations decisions... no, i won't even bother to respond - your thinker is in critical condition<br /><br />good luck, hug a conservative and ask them to pray for you :D

18rabbit

Captain

Originally posted by mrbscott19:<br /> WMD = Weapon of Mass Destruction<br /><br />1 artillery shell with some Sarin gas is not even close to a WMD. Put a chemical warhead on a missle and you've got WMD, but 1 artillery shell?? Even if it had detonated, it would not have caused "Mass Destruction".
The artillery shell contained almost a liter of sarin, enough to kill a few thousand people in one happy pop. Saddam Hussein had all artillery shells painted to look alike so inspectors couldn’t identify them. Not even the Iraqi militants can, either. It is unknown how many of these shells are buried still in Iraq. It is known where the Iraqi’s buried them in Syria. One line of thought is by staying course to turn over Iraq to the new government on June 30th, on July 1st the new Iraqi government can demand Syria return all of its WMD hidden there. Syria won’t and the US will pull out of Iraq and into Syria. I doubt it. That would take huevos rancheros I don’t think Bush has.