NFL - Regular Season Debates/News/Banter

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I would have liked to see Garrett get cuffed on the field. Plenty of security around....

aspeck

Staff member
It has just been announced that Mason Rudolph will NOT press charges against Garrett. “It is an NFL matter,” commented Rudolph.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Too bad. It would been an interesting thing to see how Godell handled that one. :D

Old Ironmaker

Captain
3 time Super Bowl champ Willie McGinest has been criticized for defending Garett He wasn't. He did say today on the NFL network that the NFL CBA does not have a clause where a player can be handed an indefinite suspension for an ön field" incident. It will be interesting going forward. Many are calling for a Mason Rudolph suspension for instigating the entire shoot show. Mason Rudolph just got his 15 minutes of fame.

In other NFL news what's his name that used to be a QB for San Fran many, many years ago was to have a on field workout in Atlanta for a few NFL teams that are delusional. It has become a media Circus, what a surprise.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Doorknob Kap changed the venue at the last minute. 1hr away. 8 teams showed up. Shows he still is a goofball . He just messed up his only slim chance of returning...

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Doorknob Kap changed the venue at the last minute. 1hr away. 8 teams showed up. Shows he still is a goofball . He just messed up his only slim chance of returning...

Yea I was listening to the NFL radio yesterday afternoon. His "people" said the venue was changed at the 12th hour to a high school field because of security issues. Threats maybe by some nut job? I can see that. He wasn't playing very well before he lost his job anyway. He wasn't even starting, 2017 or 16'? I'm all for someone voicing their opinion or having the right to protest, not on the job though. It's the reason Don Cherry of NHL fame lost his job of 38 years on "Hockey Night in Canada." Didn't you know brown people don't buy or wear Poppy's for Veterans Day or in Canada we call it Remembrance Day. Idiot.

My Goodness, how long are these Official time out's to sell trucks and beer? Ridiculous, no wonder a 1PM game takes till 4:30 to end. I used to get out of the plant on Sunday day shifts at 3, I lived less than 20 minutes from the gate and might catch the last 10 minutes of a game that ended at 3:30.

Bills looking good in the 3rd quarter. Baltimore is giving Houston a good thrashing 27 zip start of the 4th. My home town Hamilton Tiger-Cats are up 28-13 against the Edmonton Eskimos for the eastern CFL championship to go to the Grey Cup next week. No Edmonton is nowhere near the east side of Canada, a few thousand miles west of Hamilton. But hey it's the Comical Football League for God sakes. Basically they had a better record in the west than the 3rd place eastern team had. In the past an 8-10 east team could go to the playoffs and a 10-8 western team didn't. Our version of the Wild Card.

Last edited:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
WIMUSKY, why not take a ride up here next week and we can watch a few games together. Then I wouldn't have to type all this stuff for the other NFL fan in North America. Plus our Super Bowl is on. Might get 30,000 people in the stands. Think I'm kidding? That would be 2000 above capacity. Our 3 year old stadium in Hamilton holds 28,000 maxed out. Toronto used to play in the dome stadium that I don't know what is called this year, used to be the Sky Dome. Embarrassing' when there are 32,000 empty seats for the Grey Cup, same as in Vancouver's dome, no team plays in it today.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Buffalo wins it all! And by winning I mean the 1st pick in the 2019 draft. 0-16 to give their brothers in Cleveland a little more company in the record books.

Then again, being Buffalo, they'll win just a couple of games to pooch this too!! Not that their drafting has been great so maybe this is a minor miracle for whomever is the "sure thing" this year in NOT ending up in Buffalo...

So far your prediction isn't a good one. That's a good thing. Easy schedule so far, yep, furthest travel game this year is Dallas and they play Miami and New York 4 times. So does New England. Just playing in the AFC East has given the Pats 6 guaranteed wins year in and year out. Actually Buffalo has drafted very well in the past. Especially the last few years under the new management. Many picks in the last 3 years are starting and are impact players many fans may not know the names of yet.

Josh Allen 2nd yr. QB1, Tremaine Edmunds 2nd yr. MLB, Cody Ford Rookie (R) OT, Dawson Knox R TE, Matt Milano 3rd yr. LB, Ed Oliver R DT, Devin Singletary R RB, Tommy Sweeny R TE, Levi Wallace R S, Tre'Davious White 3rd yr. C, Duke Williams R WR, to name just a few with only 3 years experience or less this new management has drafted, they all start or are plugged in regularly. Remember these names.

Buffalo's problem in the past was that they drafted well, took 3 to 5 years to develop players and then let them go onto to greatness for other teams because they didn't want to pay them. Stephon Gillmor is one glaring example. Sammy Watkins not as much because of his injury history and recently Robert Woods come to mind.

I watched Philip Rivers toss 4 pics last night. He is a good QB I admit but I never thought he was a great HOF QB, ever. He has never won anything. He has the numbers and if a good QB plays long enough they will have numbers too. And unfortunately the Hall voters want to see numbers to put a player in. That's why we see a hand full of O linemen and dozens of QB's and Running Backs in there. A Special Teams played like Steve Tasker is a long shot, I'm surprised they threw his name into the hat. Kenny Anderson, Vince Testaverde and Phil Sims are a few similar QB's that come to mind that are in that Rivers category to me.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Rivers looked like a 2nd stringer who had their 1st start. He made plenty of poor decisions... Not sure what was up.... Tyreek Hill got a hammy injury early in the game. Haven't heard any news how bad it is, usually never good.......

Yeah, football isn't very big north of the border. If you're not holding a stick you aint diddly...... Hockey is king....

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Rivers looked like a 2nd stringer who had their 1st start. He made plenty of poor decisions... Not sure what was up.... Tyreek Hill got a hammy injury early in the game. Haven't heard any news how bad it is, usually never good.......

Yeah, football isn't very big north of the border. If you're not holding a stick you aint diddly...... Hockey is king....

And I was the only kid in my school that couldn't skate, never really learned how. I was diddly until I strapped on the pads. I was a great ball hockey and floor hockey player, ring hockey, no ice required. The family across the street had a famous Maple Leaf NHLer in the original 6, Mr. Aurey's brother Don. Mr. Aurey built a little rink in the yard and we squeezed as many kids as we could in it. Mr. Aurey tried to help me, no go. When his famous brother came for a visit he tried to teach me, hopeless. He asked if I liked any other sports, I said Football. Don Aurey said to me that I should start lifting weights, I did.

I'm glad the NFL did not expand to Toronto. That town doesn't support a team unless it's the Leafs or wins an NBA Championship or the World Series back to back. Then they become Canada's team, when they win. A few years latter no one can name a single player.

Last edited:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
We were talking around the wood stove today. It's nice you never hear the names Antonio Brown and LeVeon Bell anylonger. Brown because no one wants to deal with his ridiculousness and Bell because he left his game in Pittsburg.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
^^^^ Who are they? :rolleyes:

Exactly. a nice rest from the ridiculous in the NFL for a while eh? Stand by something will come up soon. Last weeks sloberknocker is old news.

I see it's not Thursday yet so I'll post this here. It's official, Josh Allen played well Sunday. AFC offensive player of the week. Starter Ty Nseke was carted off the field Sunday with a bad ankle. Looks like 3rd rounder rookie Cody Ford who has been plugged in here and there for Nseke most likely will get the start. It will be his NFL Baptism and "welcome to the NFL kid" game as I'm sure Von Miller will be front and centre of Ford each and every time the ball is snapped. I mentioned this Allen kids name here before.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/josh-allen-named-afc-offensive-player-of-the-week

aspeck

Staff member
Just when you think you are finished hearing about AB ... he has filed a counter suit against his accuser. He is trying to be relevant.

and Myles Garrett has accused Rudolph of using a racial slur during their altercation. Hmmm...

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Strange why Garret never once mentioned a racial slur right after the game when tempers and emotions were still raw or to any of his team mates throughout the week or in his public apology. Playing the race card is the play of last resort when all else fails. Lame.

aspeck

Staff member
And it did not work ... his suspension was upheld. Pouncey's suspension was reduced from 3 games to 2 games.

In better news, LeSean McCoy came home during his "off-week" with the Chiefs. The Harrisburg, PA native and Bishop McDevitt High School graduate came back to Penn State Hershey Medical Center (Just a few miles from Harrisburg) and spent time with the kids there. He did a meet and greet in the lobby before going room to room to meet those children too sick to come see him. Good work, Mr McCoy.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The NFL acted too fast on the Steelers/Browns suspensions. Except for Garrett which deserved to done quickly in my opinion.