Nascar

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Nascar

Petite and pretty as a speckled pup, Danica is a phenomenon. She is also tough as nails and very talented in/on a racecar.

I haven't rooted so hard for a NASCAR driver since The King retired.

It was her performance in the ARCA race that got her the Nationwide seat way ahead of schedule.

I expect that this time next year she will be driving a Cup car in the big one.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Yep, I think Yep, fuel mileage will definitely come into play, Jeff Gordon brought that up. Amazingly, a lot of drivers are for it!

Never been a big fan of fuel mileage racing. This new rule will only add to it. There definitely will be more wrecks too as drivers try to improve their postions knowing they'll potentially have a couple more restarts. Look what happened with the trucks when they first started before a restart limit was imposed. They were wrecking left and right and having 3,4,5 restarts.

My boy Burtion had a tough day at the Duels. Blew a front tire and into the wall he went. Where you start at a restrictor plate race doesn't really matter. You can go to the front, or back, pretty much at will......

Danica? I hope she's very successful in NASCAR....

QC

Supreme Mariner

Mchael Waltrip spun out...big surprise.
LOL
Isn't that the truth. I don't like picking on anybody, even Mikey, but I don't think I see anybody spinning more often than him. I guess you can do what you want if you own the team . . .

Lone Duck

Master Chief Petty Officer

Mark martin: Go Granddad ! Bogidy bogity ! Lets go racing

skargo

Banned

What a great race! Congrats to Jamie McMurray, he must have allergies or something. What a feel good story.

I thought JR was gonna pull it out!

tallcanadian

Captain

Awesome race. How about Jamie Mcmurry. And what about Jr. Where did he come from? If he won that the place would have gone nuts.

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant

Mark martin...

The 500 Hours at Daytona...the 24 causes wrecks, hits #7 twice. (In fact I think Robby G and Mark M's finish position were both due to Mr duPont) The 5 of Martin misses a wreck and gets shuffled back to 12th, Jr looks like a driver(!), and McMurray puts the 29...back there. Biffle and Reutimann? Nice race other than the intermissions!

Then again, maybe a "break" at 400 miles in a 500 might be a nice touch?:confused:

WIMUSKY

Staff member

The 2 red flags put a damper on the afternoon. After the second one, I went out and did some "cabin checks" while tuned to NASCAR radio figuring it was going to be a while to restart the race. Then I heard the drivers were told to get strapped back in the cars. Had to hightail it home to see the restart. The "last" segment was exciting to watch. I'm happy for Jamie. That's one guy who really understood and appreciated what he had accomplished...

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, I was happy for Jamie too.

I was probably happier that the #48s luck finally ran out though . . . :rolleyes: When they got the flat early and then the caution came out and there was no damage, I was thinking "here we go again" . . . and then finally he got bitten. I cannot believe the luck that team has had. Not all luck for sure, but some things have gone their way in the past. The luck stuff seems to even out, but I am thinking their ledger is leaning the wrong way . . .

mphy98

Lieutenant

I need to correct myself from another post, Floor it, turn left. Floor it, turn left. Floor it, turn left. Floor it, turn left. Floor it CRASH, Avoid others crashing, turn left. :D :D :D :D

DaNinja

Lieutenant

Congrats to Jamie for winning the NASCAR 24 At Daytona!:D
Too bad for my #9 who crashed in the last episode.

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander

i still miss #3 could you imagine how scared them boys would have been seeing 2 earnhardts pushing there way to the front on those restarts! They always said he could see the air on the big tracks but all the good ones also said the hated seeing him in the rearview with a few to go!!. Congradulation to #1 he held fast CHEVY'S rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

i still miss #3 could you imagine how scared them boys would have been seeing 2 earnhardts pushing there way to the front on those restarts!

Naw, Senior would have been trying to block 3 lanes of cars so his boy could win, just like he tried to do 9 years ago.

They always said he could see the air on the big tracks but all the good ones also said the hated seeing him in the rearview with a few to go!!.

Yep, cause they know he would send you into a wall to get past you.

Congradulation to #1 he held fast CHEVY'S rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might as well pave the track and ruin it.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

They always said he could see the air on the big tracks but all the good ones also said the hated seeing him in the rearview with a few to go!!

That's because they knew there was a good chance they would get dumped. I was a Sr fan, but didn't care how , at times(many), he would drive thru people.... I think the Terry Labonte incident put a bad taste in the mouths of alot of Sr fans...

skargo

Banned

That's because they knew there was a good chance they would get dumped. I was a Sr fan, but didn't care how , at times(many), he would drive thru people.... I think the Terry Labonte incident put a bad taste in the mouths of alot of Sr fans...

Not mine, I loved that at Bristol. Seen MANY others do the same thing too.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Not mine, I loved that at Bristol. Seen MANY others do the same thing too.

Sure, there are plenty of "bump and runs". But that day, it was blantly over-the-top. When he got out of the car in victory circle, the whole place erupted in boo's. Which included many Sr fans..... Being a fan of his, I too was disgusted with his actions. But, that was then and this is now. Not a Jr fan, but, glad to see he doesn't take the same approach... I like the Mark Martin/Jeff Burton approach. Race them hard and if you can't get around them, then so be it. But don't put the guy in the wall...

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant

... I like the Mark Martin/Jeff Burton approach. Race them hard and if you can't get around them, then so be it. But don't put the guy in the wall...

Crashing the guy in front of you is cowardly. Racing is about winning, but being a winner is more than coming in first at all costs.

skargo

Banned

I disagree. If someone is holding you up when you are obviously faster, a bump and run is needed, if you can't save your car afterwards, then you shouldn't have been blocking the faster guy behind you. Racing is not for [wimps]. :rolleyes:

Edit: A little more family friendly.

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant

I disagree. If someone is holding you up when you are obviously faster, a bump and run is needed, if you can't save your car afterwards, then you shouldn't have been blocking the faster guy behind you. Racing is not for [wimps]. :rolleyes:

If you are racing for position, or getting out of the draft will get you shuffled back 10 spots, then moving for a car behind you is dumb. Then there is the golden rule. I go to races at the 1/4 mile Thunder Road in Barre Vermont- that kind of racing teaches a driver how to get around a slow car without wrecking them. The big time pros should be able to cut that as well! And some do...

While I have seen Robby Gordon and Mark Martin bump-and-run, they are gentlemen on the track, racing clean. Racing- not wrecking. But they will move you if you aren't showing the same respect.

Having said that, I personally wouldn't really recommend calling Robby Gordon a /derogatory euphemism omitted/ to his face. :D LOL