Nascar

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Re: Nascar

Me too, go #31, and he looks pretty good for the 500!! The #22 got me into NASCAR with the CAT car, so I'm really a Ward fan.

Funny story about Ward and Jeff. Ward has a much more pronounced southern drawl than Jeff. A reporter asked Jeff why? His reply was, "Ward grew up on the southern side of the house". It was funny at the time..

Burton would be in a crap ride if there was no top 35 guarantee, he is not the best on Friday . . . ;)

Yeah, Burton never seems to qualify well. They may concentrate more on race trim than quailifying. Seems to move up the field nicely during the race tho..

BTW, I can't stand Hendrick, just too dang good, but they earned it and somebody will unseat them.

Somebody will probably unseat Johnson with another Hendrick teammate..:(

Thursday is the Gatorade Duals on SPEED. Afternoon racing. Already pumped. I'm still a hardcore fan... I know that probably is a shock..:) Hope ol' #31 can get it done soon. His days are numbered. He's not a youngster in the NASCAR world.. Doubt he'll start his own team after he retires from driving. That would be cool tho. I'd follow that team forever. May see him in the booth. He is a very intelligent man. NASCAR has looked to him for advice in the past...

skargo

Banned

I agree, Jeff Burton has been a huge safety advocate for the drivers. I always liked him, and Wahd!

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, I know the Ward/Jeff story. Tell it often. There is also speculation that Jeff will enter politics . . . ;) Cool family!

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Yeah, I know the Ward/Jeff story. Tell it often. There is also speculation that Jeff will enter politics . . . ;) Cool family!

I've heard that rumor too. I'd rather seem him stay in NASCAR at some level. But, I guess it's not my decision.:redface:

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

I like NASCAR, but I love the truck racing... Those things are so loose in the corners! Go Kyle Busch! :)

DaNinja

Lieutenant

I like NASCAR, but I love the truck racing... Those things are so loose in the corners! Go Kyle Busch! :)
Shrub is a punk.:p
My ideal finish...Kurt takes out Kyle on the final lap and Kasey Kahne passes them both for the win with Kurt in second!
That would make for a fun Thanksgiving dinner at the Busch homestead.

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

kyle rules the rest drool but now that casys running a ford i finally have a ford to cheer for i'm not a big Kurt bush fan though. as far as dale jr goes well lets not go there

WIMUSKY

Staff member

The "Duals" are on tomorrow afternoon..:D I really thought Shrubby was going to be a force to reckon with since he was not running for another championship in the Nationwide series. Then he started a truck team. I believe that's where his main concentration will be. It's always going to be at least on his mind. I think that's going to hurt him in the Cup series. But that's ok, never been a Shrubby fan.... If Burton can't do 'er, then I'd like to see Smoke light them up....

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

was a smoke fan but i think he laid down the last year with Gibbs. lost all respect kyle's # 2 on the speed charts right now and hes done real good at Daytona he would of won the 500 last year if Jr didn't take him out. and burtons one of those guys you just have to respect weather your a fan or not

DaNinja

Lieutenant

kyle rules the rest drool but now that casys running a ford i finally have a ford to cheer for i'm not a big Kurt bush fan though. as far as dale jr goes well lets not go there
I broke out a #9 jacket that the wife bought me a few years back. It's one on those pricey Chase Authentic jackets. As I put it on I noticed the huge, bright red Dodge logo on the back. It also has the Nextel logo...so..

Oh well, it's still a good jacket. I guess it could be worse. At least I don't have a #8 tatoo'd on my arm.:p

Here's a link to watch the Duels for free with Race Buddy.
http://www.nascar.com/multimedia/webcast/race_buddy/
Enjoy!

skargo

Banned

I broke out a #9 jacket that the wife bought me a few years back. It's one on those pricey Chase Authentic jackets. As I put it on I noticed the huge, bright red Dodge logo on the back. It also has the Nextel logo...so..

Oh well, it's still a good jacket. I guess it could be worse. At least I don't have a #8 tatoo'd on my arm.:p

Here's a link to watch the Duels for free with Race Buddy.
http://www.nascar.com/multimedia/webcast/race_buddy/
Enjoy!

You could always just add another 8 if you did!:D

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Laughed my butt off when Jr changed numbers and sponser knowing how much outdated merchandise there now was. Seem like a genious business decision to me. :)

DaNinja

Lieutenant

1st Duel...
Michael McDowell and Max Papis into the 500.
Todd Bodine and Michael Waltrip OUT!

Mchael Waltrip spun out...big surprise.

ETA: If Labonte or Speed qualify in the 2nd Duel, MW can use his champion provisional to get in the 500.

The Rubicks Cube of Daytona qualifying.

DaNinja

Lieutenant

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

So now you need to have enough fuel to ad 3 laps of green flag racing, plus 9 to 13 extra caution laps.

I don't see how this is gonna be a good thing.

skargo

Banned

I didn't know she had a Nationwide ride. That's a great showing.
I thought she did well in the ARCA race but, I thought a Nationwide ride was still off in the future.
Go Dani!!

Yep, I think Junior and his team are going to try and get her in as many as they can, so she can drive cup next year, we'll see if that's a good idea or not.

So now you need to have enough fuel to ad 3 laps of green flag racing, plus 9 to 13 extra caution laps.

I don't see how this is gonna be a good thing.

Yep, fuel mileage will definitely come into play, Jeff Gordon brought that up. Amazingly, a lot of drivers are for it!