My First StarCraft; 1975 18' SuperSport

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Do I agree? Meh!

Thanks for refreshing how to reverse a DC motor. Just like the 2 wire diagram and like the DC motors I worked on except they used vacuum tube amps instead of relays. :wink: Wonder if blue and green wires have have any significance? :lol:

ha...maybe a loose connection to the tube color codes. I think blue was a signal wire but green would've still been ground. :noidea:

the ate up harness that came with my used CMC had blue and green for up and down respectively. Opposite what is shown in your diagram above.

Maybe I misunderstood your terminology; i consider this a 2-wire circuit as well (this is how I wired mine but with 2 trim switches):
fetch

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The other diagram (top) is only 2 wires to the motor and polarity and ground are reversed to change direction. In the brush holder pic, I only saw 2 wires, that's why I asked. Sent both diagrams in case the 3rd wire was hidden. The bottom diagram has 3 wires into the motor, Ground and up/down or CW/CCW.

Just swap blue and green wires or turn the switch upside down, either way. LOL

Blue sky for UP and green grass for DOWN is kind of a standard for TnT in most cases.

Darn, wish I go out for a drink but everything is closed for at least 2 more weeks. :blue:

classiccat

The other diagram (top) is only 2 wires to the motor and polarity and ground are reversed to change direction. In the brush holder pic, I only saw 2 wires, that's why I asked. Sent both diagrams in case the 3rd wire was hidden. The bottom diagram has 3 wires into the motor, Ground and up/down or CW/CCW.

Just swap blue and green wires or turn the switch upside down, either way. LOL

Blue sky for UP and green grass for DOWN is kind of a standard for TnT in most cases.

Darn, wish I go out for a drink but everything is closed for at least 2 more weeks. :blue:

Ah, so your top circuit defies color code standardization.

there is no ground to the motor in the bottom diagram... maybe you're looking at the switch leads?

2BAJcI2.jpg

I left my house yesterday for the 1st time since last Monday just to drive the truck around and exercise the 4x4!

GA_Boater

You're right. I was looking at the switch. :eek: Now I really need a drink to get my head straight. The bars are still closed. :frusty:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
What was the issue with your CMC PT130 that it needed work? :happy: :laugh: :joyous:

classiccat

What was the issue with your CMC PT130 that it needed work? :happy: :laugh: :joyous:

I'm glad I trusted my intuition with the warm cable running out to the TNT motor.

The black/white is 12awg non-tinned (vs my yellow/red 10awg tinned).

VqFvO9n.jpg

That's only a 3/8 NPT thread strain relief and I bought the largest cable diameter possible (0.38"-0.44" cord OD).

7XtARMD.jpg

GXFaqs9.jpg

GA_Boater

Boy, ain't that the truth! Every time I think about getting one, my brain goes into convulsions. It has something to do with a new or used CMC TnT unit costing more than I paid for the boat.

classiccat

For what those units cost new, you'd think the contacts would be 24 k gold. :cool:

Boy, ain't that the truth! Every time I think about getting one, my brain goes into convulsions. It has something to do with a new or used CMC TnT unit costing more than I paid for the boat.

IIRC, I got this one for a bout 1/3 the price new. Pee Wee Herman to Arnold Schwarzenegger with a few upgrades.

f5CJMCJ.jpg

Get to the Chopppaah!

classiccat

I have no friends. And no loose change either. :eek:

No Friends? Are we chopped liver? :noidea: :lol:

I've been keeping pretty busy on the rig but time is starting to become divided now that spring has sprung.

Last of the CMC wiring update...I upgraded the main connector to a molex waterproof rated to 46A.

A29MMnd.jpg

^^^ connectors on the right pull-in to lock...and the ones on the left push-in to lock.

for push to lock, you feed the wires through 1st, then crimp on the connectors...kind of a pain to maneuver that big crimpers in there.
h9ain2M.jpg

while push-to-lock are straightforward:
Gdmcn3t.jpg

Ucuqg7p.jpg

I'm using a Humminbird 898c side imaging fishfinder...I like to keep the GPS puck as close to the transducer as possible to that structural waypoints are on the $$$. It also needs to be high enough to clear the outboard.
BMflEpz.jpg

the CMC setback gives me a ton of clearance for the SI transducer:
zWYHBAK.jpg

classiccat

Moving on to the interior, the side bracing gives me an alternative to fastening the splashwell pillars.

I bent up these 0.090" "J" brackets rather than going into the deck.
1Wc22vK.jpg

MqFm51W.jpg

sWz4y6Y.jpg

A little trick...don't throw away those large-flange rivet heads if you've had to drill any out...

...they make perfect sized washers for the replacement rivets:
D4R5nsg.jpg

"bucktail" side:
bBSo6Oy.jpg

3/16" backers for the cleats:
5gZrYRO.jpg

C5Clsv1.jpg

My midship cleat right where the hull sides start to taper in:
XNj2KLJ.jpg

With the sidepanels installed, i'm finally able to mount the power pilot...epoxy plug placement was perfect.
BQkRvqW.jpg

Hammer down position where I'm able to tilt/trim with my right index finger:
FODNf5U.jpg

I also lubed the old 400 series control cables and nipped a portion of the annealed end to give me a little more adjustment room at the engine (the adjuster/retainers were both at the end of their travel). Now they move with zero effort/resistance.

For lubrication, I clamped some 1/4" fuel line, sprayed with chain/cable lube and connected it to 40psi of compressed air...resulting in black sludge spewing all over my white splashwell! :eek: :lol: Rinse & repeat until it comes out clear.

bzxI4zz.jpg

that's about where we are! Thanks for stoppin' by! :yo:

Last edited:

GA_Boater

No Friends? Are we chopped liver? :noidea:

Well............................................................ :bounce:

Hey, a mini-radome.

If that the last of the electrical work? Pretty soon all you'll need is an all clear from the governor.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Oh yeah those smalls are falling by the wayside pretty quick.

So does the CMC unit work better now or at least work after all that? :lol:

classiccat

Well............................................................ :bounce:

Hey, a mini-radome.

If that the last of the electrical work? Pretty soon all you'll need is an all clear from the governor.

Almost done electrical; I have to connect the tac, accessories and install the kill switch.

My #1 obstacle is now the DMV.

Like a dummy I let both of my registrations lapse (i wasn't getting notifications b/c my email changed when I relocated) so I have to re-register in person.

DMV offices will be closed for at least another month.

Oh yeah those smalls are falling by the wayside pretty quick.

So does the CMC unit work better now or at least work after all that? :lol:

Indeed! biggest hurdles are having the stones to drill into something that you spent countless hours prepping/painting to perfection :lol:

The CMC moves with some authority now even with that little tractor battery...and all of the wiring stays nice & cool.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that it was a fire hazard...I have a feeling someone downsized that main cable to 12awg...b/c it was getting HOT with just 2 up/down cycles.

Speaking of batteries, I also picked-up my Interstate starting & house batteries at the local distributor this afternoon.

I wore a facemask, gloves and the entire transaction was done in the parking lot! :painkiller:

coostv

Petty Officer 1st Class
My #1 obstacle is now the DMV.

Like a dummy I let both of my registrations lapse (i wasn't getting notifications b/c my email changed when I relocated) so I have to re-register in person.

DMV offices will be closed for at least another month.

Not able to schedule an appointment? I was able to do that for my drivers license, but that was a couple weeks ago.

Boat is coming along nicely!!

Decker83

Commander
I have been keeping up with all your post.. You do amazing work.:rockon:
You must have a lot of electrical back ground experience along with many others..

Watermann ^^^ man in the bubble.. That's great..