My 9:00 am election day prediction

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: My 9:00 am election day prediction

JasonJ<br />
I only hope that whoever wins, be it Bush or Kerry, wins decisively. I don't want another drawn out mess. It wasn't fun last time, it would be even less fun this time. <br />
I think we all can agree on that!<br /><br />JB was just stating the facts as I see them also. Each party is out for a last minute attempt to sway the "uninformed" and they will be the ones who decide this election.<br /><br />hayhauler <br />Since this is your post I'd like to commend you for your "Brave" prediction. And one way or another you have it in print now :eek: <br /><br />Although I'm more on the side of JB on this one I have heard several people starting months ago predict the same thing. As of last night one guy who has a batting avearge of 93% on predictions was still holding firm.<br /><br />Just thought I'd let ya know your not alone in your prediction. :)

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks Link, early polls seem to be suggesting I'm wrong.<br /><br />12 Footer, I was with you in '92, but there was a difference then. The hostilities were over. Plus, much as I disliked Clinton, he was far and away preferable to Kerry.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Will any of you brave predictors eat their shoe if they are wrong??

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> Will any of you brave predictors eat their shoe if they are wrong??
No. And as for this brave predictor, I promise not to gloat afterward....much

swimmin' for shore

Chief Petty Officer

At the risk of getting lynched by your mob here, I'm going to go the other way on this one, Hayhauler. I feel fairly safe, not having seen anyone with a home as far west as mine currently is. I'm claiming the right to post because I've spent 9 years+ serving this country, fought once in Iraq, and am on my way to another country to put my a** on the line for some of the people you all have called "uninformed, ignorant, etc..." First and foremost, whoever wrote in the quote from El Rushbo about fighting for everyone reminds me now of why I joined in the first place. You're right, on that point. <br />As far as Bush being the best thing for this country, I couldn't agree less. In a recent worldwide poll, the 3 greatest concerns, with regard to world peace were Iran, North Korea, and the U.S. More specifically, the world at large seems to think that G.W. is among the greatest threats to world peace today. <br />We're very quick to tie Iraq in with the war in Afghanistan. Let me point out to you that we have yet to come up with a weapon of mass destruction from that country. We have yet to prove indefensible ties between Iraq and the terrorists we originally set out to get. There's a lot of you right now who are ready to jump down my throat about my use of the word "indefensible". I remind you that the very same military and government who offers you the right to fair trial has done nothing of the kind with the country of Iraq. What started out to be a fair trial was the U.N. going into Iraq to search for those weapons of mass destruction. I remind you again. They found nothing. Still, we've devastated the country of Iraq. Was Saddaam Hussein wrong? Be sure of it. Can you afford to go after every dictator in the world? It's your tax dollars. You can decide that part of it. Are you willing to continue to see thousands of young men and women die over there without due cause? It seems that you're deciding that, too. You may not make the decision directly, but you make it when you do, or don't, go down and vote for the next President. Please remember as you do it that I've given a wife, 2 sons, and any semblance of a life for this country. That's nothing. There's a thousand better reasons, ones that don't have a life anymore, to vote conscientiously. George Bush is not the answer to world peace. He's a threat to it. With all of his big talk about ridding the world of the Saddaam Huseeins , he's yet to rid the world of the man we originally set out to get-Osama Bin Ladin. In the meantime, this country is on the verge of having to run a bake sale to pay for it's wars. I'm on my way now to yet another country that George Bush considers a threat. At what cost this time? You want a prediction. Here's your prediction: If George Bush remains in office, by any means, you'll see 10,000 soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines dead before the next election. Two years from now, we will have soldiers in Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, and North Korea. Don't forget Bosnia. We still have troops there. There won't be a draft, but the talk of one will become an everyday occurence when all of the inactive ready reserve is called up. They're running out of national guardsmen, but the fighting is far from over. <br />No disrespect to any of you. I'm only stating another opinion here, but world peace is not ignorant, and it's not for the uninformed. And it's not a liberal idea. I'm young yet, but I grew up Republican. I've voted Republican in every election before this one. Not this year, though. Not with this as my choice.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by 12Footer:<br /> I promise not to gloat afterward....much
I'll make the same promise 12 footer.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by fixin:<br />
Originally posted by 12Footer:<br /> I promise not to gloat afterward....much
I'll make the same promise 12 footer.
Itsa deal, Fixin.
emthup.gif

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I won't promise to eat anything. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.<br /><br />Swimmin', thank you for your service to our country. You've certainly earned the right to your opinion. I happen to think you're wrong, I don't think we'll see armed intervention anywhere else, unless it is a limited strike on a terrorist enclave. <br /><br />I don't believe I've referred to anyone as ignorant. If I have, I'll edit the post. I'm not accusing anyone of ignorance. I just happen to think that GW Bush is a man of honor, who has done a pretty good job with the information that he had. Some of the information was wrong, but I still support the man and the decisions he's made.<br /><br />Had the Democrats chosen a man of honor, even one who honorably disagreed with Bush, I might have been swayed to vote in his column. Instead they chose someone who called our soldiers war criminals, while some of them were still POWs and whose track record as a Senator is dismal. I can't speak about what he did in Vietnam, I haven't earned the privilege. But what he did after he came home hurt those left behind. He may have served honorably, but he also said and did things afterward that were a direct slap in the face to many who served with him. I also happen to believe that he cooperated with the enemy by visiting enemy agents while still an officer in the Navy.<br /><br />Kerry has a history of bad decision making, and I don't think we can expect him to do any better as President of the USA.

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

So, I checked, I didn't refer to anyone as ignorant. I didn't think I had.

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

I feel that anyone who gets out and votes is not ignorant. He or she is doing there duty as an American citizen, misinformed or not. The ones that are ignorant are the ones who b**** about what we have when the elections are over. You ask them who they voted for and they say they didn't vote. Those people have no right to b****.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Kind of hard to get real worked up knowing that one man may go home to a nice big ranch in Texas and the other to his "middle class" existance with one of the richest women in the world.<br /><br />If I were either one I would be fishing or sailing right now and sleep in tommorrow. Nothing will be settled until John Edwards has the last word (or his personal legal mouthpiece).<br /><br />This thread could be a month old until the lawyers finish whining like little spoiled girls.<br /><br />Update: R 165<br /> D 112<br /><br />8.30pm cst

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by cajun555:<br /> I feel that anyone who gets out and votes is not ignorant. He or she is doing there duty as an American citizen, misinformed or not. The ones that are ignorant are the ones who b**** about what we have when the elections are over. You ask them who they voted for and they say they didn't vote. Those people have no right to b****.
Cajun, I would think anyone who disagrees with you on that has to be an idiot!!! One of the main reasons I vote is so I can rejoice or goran over the results. I earned it when I put my x on teh paper!!! The right to vote is one that was FOUGHT for and is certainly not a right to be taken lightly. Thanks for voicing my exact sentiments...when ya hear someone crying about the man who won and they admit to not even doing ther duty and vote....makes ya wanna just jack-slap em!!!!! :D

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Dang JB, I only get one feather? :) My statement was based on the fact that I didn't care much for the assumption that our younger voters lack knowledge. My 21 year old niece would tear everyone on this board apart in a political debate. I do agree that, as always, there are ill informed young people, but the young people have been paying very close attention to this election, probably doing a better job than us old codgers. The beauty of youth is they are not locked in their ways, they can actually look at the world and form opinions based on what they see without the coloring of facts caused by age. Lets face it, we all get more set in our ways, more stubborn as we get older.<br /><br />Whether my choice loses or wins, I still feel good about voting, being part of the process. As Cajun pointed out, if you don't vote, you shouldn't whine...

woodrat

Ensign

this whole "ignorant" thing is what bugs me about both sides. the idea that if someone didn't come to the same conclusions as you did, they must be ignorant is a pretty arrogant thing to say, no matter whether kerry or bush supporters say it, and they both seem to say it a lot.

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

wow, I take a little nap, and wake up to find I was wrong, or maybe not. No, if Bush wins - and at 1:00am it looks like he will - I won't be able to claim it was as decisive as 1984. At this point I'll settle for the win and be ecstatic.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by hayhauler:<br /> wow, I take a little nap, and wake up to find I was wrong, or maybe not. No, if Bush wins - and at 1:00am it looks like he will - I won't be able to claim it was as decisive as 1984. At this point I'll settle for the win and be ecstatic.
When you add it all up, hayhauler, it was a huge defeat for the Libs. The Republicans may end up with 55 seats in the Senate, Can you spell Supreme Court Chief Justice, etc, etc, etc,

swimmin' for shore

Chief Petty Officer

Cajun, you made a great point about voting if you want to b*****. Great point. And there's no one here who is necessarily wrong. As Americans, maybe we should be reminded sometimes that it is not just our right to vote, it's doggone near our duty. Everyone has a part in this country. We may not feel like one part is important as another, but they're all important. I read a post today, somewhere else, from a sheriff's deputy. My significant other is a teacher. You guys are out here, voting and discussing and even arguing over what's right for our country. It isn't me who is patriotic. It's you. Taking an active role in your country's best interest is as patriotic as it gets. Besides, it passes the time when it's too cold to fish!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Gee whiz, swimmin' for shore, I think ya got your point across! :p