Muskie Recipes Needed

FSHKPR

Ensign
Re: Muskie Recipes Needed

Well i dont know about musky because i never ate one. Heck i never even caught a legal size one. but i gotta agree with roscoe northern pike are probably my favorite fish to eat. the only problem is all the y bones. but they are all in a pattern and really not to bad to pick out. i have tried the two deboning methods on my website and ended up butchering the fillets, and losing alot of meat.(now my grandma could do it perfect) so i usually just leave them and pick them out later. the meat is nice and firm and has an execellent flavor. i usually put them on the grill wrapped in foil with lots of butter and onions and garlic. if its a big one (over 30 inches) they tend to get a little strong. i soak them in buttermilk over night and the strong fishy flavor is gone.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well, just talked to my bud this evening and he said he had a great turn out at the fish fry.<br />About 30 showed up and he had somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 fish between 38 and 42 inches.<br /><br />He wanted me to pass on a thank you to the one's that offered up recipes.<br /><br />P.S. He said that trap he made worked real good.<br />Never had to cast the first lure to get any.

gonfishn

Commander

:mad: :eek: :mad: The curse is upon me and you do this...Looks like I am going to have to go through derwoods threads and find the ritual he did for me once..If you can find thread Spinner please put up..