Miserable Midwest Spring

DeepCMark58A

Commander
How is that possible the lake I am on is over 80% covered in ice I am probably 100 miles south, guess being deep makes a difference. It freezes up late here too.

sangerwaker

Commander
Deep and lack of current makes a big difference. Our lake place near WIMusky just opened up Monday, but ours is spring fed, so the small amount of water flow helps speed up the process.

aspeck

Staff member
How is that possible the lake I am on is over 80% covered in ice I am probably 100 miles south, guess being deep makes a difference. It freezes up late here too.
Musky has a lot of hot air? :eek::ROFLMAO:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
There's still a fair amount of ice. The pic is a little deceiving, the ice is closer to the landing than it looks. Most of these lakes up here have springs....

DeepCMark58A

Commander
8 days until the dock is supposed to go in, I doubt it will happen. Luckily it will be wet, windy and cool during that period.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Was in Chicago on business all week.
Went from green to gloom in the process

It was 72 and green when I left home. 38, grey and not hint of Spring when I arrived in Chicago

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Well with the temp staying above freezing and with rain and strong wind parts of the lake are breaking up, kinda fun to watch in slow motion. Funny every place you go, I was at the barber shop this morning everybody is complaining about this crappy winter and spring.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Well with the temp staying above freezing and with rain and strong wind parts of the lake are breaking up, kinda fun to watch in slow motion. Funny every place you go, I was at the barber shop this morning everybody is complaining about this crappy winter and spring.
Same here. Even the local news everyone is giving the weather guys a hard time. But is this a prelude for things to come aka summer? Or we'll go from this to 80s. We seem to skip over 70s, the perfect temps.... Pretty much daily wind.. Rain all weekend.....