Miserable Midwest Spring

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I hope they're right. Will feel like summer, for now....

20220501_110301.jpg

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Watch it will be in the 60's with a 45 mph wind. Ice broke up last night kinda cool to hear the ice chunks in the waves.
Nice. We still have ice.... That's about right. 60s, windy with a windchill back in the 40s. Yup, they're still talking windchills up here....

aspeck

Staff member
Mid 60's and sunny today ... the leaves are starting to pop out ... I am seeing a good bit of green in the trees today!

briangcc

Commander
Registering the trailer on Friday, pulling it back home to start the spring cleaning process - hull needs a good wash & wax job.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Things are looking up, I got home last night and the neighbor texted me happy hour at the fire pit. It was a nice night we had our first pontoon sighting of the spring, we all practiced waving when they went by. We were all having a good time when I saw a truck with a boat and trailer pull down to the public landing. The guy put his boat in the water, preceded to fire up the boat and take his boat on the lake. The jerk left his truck and trailer parked right there on the landing. That is egregious and wrong behavior at a public boat landing, disgusting.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Things are looking up, I got home last night and the neighbor texted me happy hour at the fire pit. It was a nice night we had our first pontoon sighting of the spring, we all practiced waving when they went by. We were all having a good time when I saw a truck with a boat and trailer pull down to the public landing. The guy put his boat in the water, preceded to fire up the boat and take his boat on the lake. The jerk left his truck and trailer parked right there on the landing. That is egregious and wrong behavior at a public boat landing, disgusting.
if his truck was still running, I would have parked it for him and locked it up..... with his keys inside

DeepCMark58A

Commander
I was pissed looking at it and was cursing about it my wife told me I was being an a-hole. I explained to her the ONLY a-hole in this situation is that guy.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
The guys showed up and the dock is in, life is good. I will never put in or take my dock out again, it takes the guys 30 minutes. I will help my neighbor put in his docks and boat lift. He is older and frugal.

aspeck

Staff member
All our ramps are closed due to flooding …

southkogs

Staff member
1652289575434.jpeg
Spring sprung this past weekend in Tennessee ... or I should say that we managed to spring into Spring. Been warm enough for a couple weeks, but rainy. In about three weeks, I'll probably bellyaching about how hot it is.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Here in Illinois it was early March on Friday and mid-August on Tuesday... our Spring weather lasted about two and half days.

aspeck

Staff member
The launch ramps at the lake should all be opened tomorrow since the water is receeding. One ramp opened today. The pictures of debris at the ramps and the bridges make me want to stay away for a while. Cold and almost 4 inches of rain last Friday and Saturday. Overcast and cool Sunday, mid 70's Monday and Tuesday, 80 degrees and sunny today through Friday.