Miserable Midwest Spring

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Supposed to get the dock put in May 7th, really starting to doubt that lake is still 95% ice covered. Been a horrible, snowy, windy winter in Central Minnesota and the spring we are at 20 days below average temps so far in April. If I see snow again I may shoot holes in my freezer.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I just took the dog out..... in my parka . Spring has yet to arrive. Lakes are still froze. 3 coldest April on record and the month isn't over...... EVERYONE is very frustrated.....

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
We have june bugs....... And 88 degree temps

southkogs

Staff member
Yeah ^^^ I've been mowing for weeks. I've already started sweating. 🙃

briangcc

Commander
Mowed Sunday. Might snow tonight/tomorrow. Go figure.

Boat is still shrink wrapped - was planning on opening it this weekend originally. Might be off a couple weeks yet.

southkogs

Staff member
^^^ Acutally; last month - and I wish I could have gotten a picture to capture the funny moment - I was shoveling remnant spring snow (we typically have one last drop from Ole' Man Winter in early spring here) while one of my neighbors was mowing his lawn. Admiral and I got quite the crack up out of it.

aspeck

Staff member
Last Monday it was snowing and I was shoveling and plowing snow. This Monday it was in the 70's and I was mowing. Today it is raining and tomorrow they are calling for snow showers and temps in the low 30's. Mother Nature is off her meds and someone needs to intervene ...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
You guys are hilarious......🙄🤪
Light snow this morn. Nothing has started greening up. Buds on trees haven't begun to swell let alone pop.....
High of 35⁰.... 20220426_095355.jpg

Scott Danforth

Staff member
@DeepCMark58A you could always fly down. Woodys River Roo has a new Tiki canopy covering the whole area.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
@DeepCMark58A you could always fly down. Woodys River Roo has a new Tiki canopy covering the whole area.

I would love to, unfortunately I am not able to be there till after school is out for the summer, my wife would kill me if I went without her. With the weather this spring my wife is watching saltwater fishing shows on TV and looking at Florida properties again.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
I would love to, unfortunately I am not able to be there till after school is out for the summer, my wife would kill me if I went without her. With the weather this spring my wife is watching saltwater fishing shows on TV and looking at Florida properties again.
let me know if you are looking in the Sarasota / Matatee counties. Tammy is a realtor.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Snead or on the River or I am not moving there.
you know that prices down here have doubled in the last year. if you are serious, will get the Admiral on the case. when one show up, need to pounce as inventory only lasts about 2-3 days

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
1651051431505.jpeg1651051431505.jpeg
I think it’s starting to get to my daughter in upper Minn . She’s ready for a boat ride ..

DeepCMark58A

Commander
you know that prices down here have doubled in the last year. if you are serious, will get the Admiral on the case. when one show up, need to pounce as inventory only lasts about 2-3 days

I think my best option for ownership will be purchasing the family compound , only drawback will be explaining to my family that it is no longer the family compound.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
I think my best option for ownership will be purchasing the family compound , only drawback will be explaining to my family that it is no longer the family compound.
in that case, if you need a contact at the title company for the paperwork, let me and the admiral know.

regarding the family, that is one thing that you are on your own for.....