Milky fuel in carb intake force 85hp

Nordin

Commander
The seal under exhaust tube (number 1) is N/A.
You have to make something of you own.
I have used cork gasket material (two or three together) and it has worked out so far.
You have to have some gasket material that are thick and can handle high temperature.

lgaytan

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks, altough I did find the Part number in Crowleymarine.com, and there's one availble in ebay so I think I will go for that one, it is a lot of work to get that is not worth risking to make one myself. Would that seal cause the issues I'm having, still will make the test with the cowling cover off to see if there's significant change. 1720718958415.png

1720718859382.png

Nordin

Commander
If that seal is leaking you maybe will have exhaust in the engine area.
Look like there is not gasket between the adapter plate and mid section.
The 75Hp Chrysler that are similar to you engine has a gasket 809825 between the plate and mid section.
If that is leaking you will have exhaust in the engine area.

gica

Chief Petty Officer
Mine had exhaust leak issues and it still went to high RPMs I fixed the issues by replacing the gaskets , separation plate and I used a fine stone to turn the cover true. It was way warped. I did it by hand. It's aluminum and it goes fast, 1hr or so hahaha. The one you circled I think it is part of the exhaust it transfers exhaust to the 2 holes mid-section. I think!!! the other one I replaced when I rebuilt my motor, as it has to come out to get to it.

lgaytan

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Not a lot of updates just cleaned up the carbs and fired it up, it sounds good at idle will never know until going back to the lake if it revs ups, but I remembered in other thread ot maybe in this one before the rebuild of the motor jerry told me to spray starter fluid to see if it was leaking some of the ports, so I just did and found that definetely the started fluid affects and seem to be a leak in the reeds valve plate, I retightened all the bolts and didn't helped, now I need to disassemble and lookout for the gasket, I believe I put new gasket there so this is a bummer, anyways some day this thing will work properly, I hope.

lgaytan

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Not a lot of updates just cleaned up the carbs and fired it up, it sounds good at idle will never know until going back to the lake if it revs ups, but I remembered in other thread ot maybe in this one before the rebuild of the motor jerry told me to spray starter fluid to see if it was leaking some of the ports, so I just did and found that definetely the started fluid affects and seem to be a leak in the reeds valve plate, I retightened all the bolts and didn't helped, now I need to disassemble and lookout for the gasket, I believe I put new gasket there so this is a bummer, anyways some day this thing will work properly, I hope.
Thinking well I did put new gaskets, I put them dry, do you use any seal maker? Should I use some?

Thanks

Jiggz

Captain
Thinking well I did put new gaskets, I put them dry, do you use any seal maker? Should I use some?

Thanks
No gasket seal or maker needed. Just make sure it's clean and mating surfaces are not warped.