MFG rebuild getting started pics

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Re: MFG rebuild getting started pics

Temporary install .

? I want to have some stickers or stencils made or maybe even a tee shirt with the logo . Will a sign shop or where ever need the emblems or can I just take some good pictures of them for them to use to duplicate ?

If I glue it up with 5200 tomorrow do you think it will be cured enough to put her in the water on sunday? I would really like to go wet a line sometime this weekend ! :)

Last edited:

lokonn

Chief Petty Officer

Really like the emblems! I was thinking about some stuff in vinyl for my previous boat. There is a sign guy across from our shop and he told me to find what I wanted in picture or on the web and he could make it up. So it sounds like a picture would work. I ended up selling before I did anything so I don't know for sure if what I understood and what he said were the same thing. Gotta be a sign or vinyl guy near you that you could ask before it is too late. I thought I remeber that 5200 takes 72 hrs to cure. I do know that I had gotten 5200 on a washer and dropped it and forgot about it until the next day and I had to use a hammer and screwdriver to get it off of the bottom of the hull.

jbcurt00

Staff member

5200 cures IN water. Install it Sat & go fishing Sun!

A high res pix will be sufficient for most sign companies

Trooper82

Commander

Ya go catch some fish...touting the new emblems, which look fabulous!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Emblems made it back to the ramp unscathed through some pretty choppy conditions this afternoon ..

Chris's hammer head he caught just before we went in ..

Made a deal with Chris . I would clean the fish if he cleaned the boat..

Mmmmm Mmmmm ! Nothing like fresh caught fish, grits, and sweet iced tea for dinner !

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Take good pics. Send to Zazzle.com and make your own stickers. I made my own Flamingo Stickers there and they were PERFECT!!!

stickers.jpg

s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif

Last edited:

lokonn

Chief Petty Officer

Congrats on a great day! Looks like someone knew what they were doing and also how to get on the right end of a deal.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

That sight is cool ! I was showing it to the Admiral and she said I already new about this place . We made the wedding invitations through them .. :doh:

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Decals look great, fishing looked fun, dinner looks yummy...

....And I hate you a little bit every time I see that e-tec up close... Man, that it is a nice motor.

Also, you can get some t-shirts made at custom Ink DOT COM.. I would type it out like a web site (or link it) but the new crawler technology they have will slap me on the hand and swipe it...

Last edited:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, now that my MOTOR is on the Fritz, ( I think I might have it figured out, BTW and it might not be too bad!!!!), I am SOOOOOOOOO envious of that E-TEC!!!! I gotta buy a Lottery Ticket!!!!!:lol:

tallcanadian

Captain

A day out on the water, in the boat, fishing. Man, I forget what that's like. Lol. Congrats on what looks like a great time.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Nice haul!
Everybody's drooling over your motor...
Me, I'm drooling all over that pic of fish & grits and the time you spent catchin 'em...;)
I just knew the emblems would make the fish curious and want to ride in an MFG...:D

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Congrats on a great day! Looks like someone knew what they were doing and also how to get on the right end of a deal.
Yeah , I just had to keep a good eye on Chris so he wouldn't cut any corners with the clean up ..
Decals look great, fishing looked fun, dinner looks yummy...

....And I hate you a little bit every time I see that e-tec up close... Man, that it is a nice motor.
Yep sometimes I have to go out and wipe it down just to make sure I'm not just dreaming that it's hanging on the transom ..
Nice catch SP.. Emblems looks great..
Thanks Decker !
, ( I think I might have it figured out, BTW and it might not be too bad!!!!),
Sure hope you can repair it without it costing too much . Then maybe sell or trade to pic up a newer/ bigger o/b .. And if I ever won the lottery I would buy ya a new e-tec for sure !
A day out on the water, in the boat, fishing. Man, I forget what that's like. Lol. Congrats on what looks like a great time.
You'll get out there before ya know it I'm sure !

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Nice haul!
Everybody's drooling over you motor...
Me, I'm drooling all over that pic of fish & grits and the time you spent catchin 'em...;)
I just knew the emblems would make the fish curious and want to ride in an MFG...:D
Yep only spent a few hours out and had a great time until we lost our anchor . :mad: Here's how I lost it ..
We have this island up here called Blount Island . It is basically a shipping port and it also has a military presence there . You have to stay away from certain area's . I think 200 yrds from shore . Well we were a bit to close for there comfort . We were anchored and fishing and not getting any bites so we decided to move . About that time I saw there patrol boat heading our way so I started to pull up anchor . They flew past us then hooked around and and cut just in front of our bow while I was pull the rope . He realized how close he was and he looked back like maybe he felt he had hit something then focused on us . I didn't feel anything and kept pulling in . He was courteous and let us know we had to move . At the time it did not dawn on me that he may have grazed the line until we re anchored at a different spot . I just threw out the line and the anchor grabbed so we started fishing . We were doing pretty well till a boat wake came through and we started drifting . It was a pretty clean cut but I guess it was holding together by a couple of strands .
On a good note I visited my brother today and told him the story and he happened to have an anchor that he picked up while scuba diving on some wreck off shore a few years back . It was the right size so he gave it to me .. :cool:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Ya gotta love Brothers. They're the "Anchors" of the Family. I HAD to say That!!!!:facepalm:

saginawbayboater

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Its as good as it gets .. Gunna install them this weekend I hope ..

I think they look ok .. The white teeth looks a bit cheesy .. :facepalm:

Now that's cool right there SP!!! Very Nice!!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Ya gotta love Brothers. They're the "Anchors" of the Family. I HAD to say That!!!!:facepalm:
You tie a rope to 1, throw him overboard, drag him along the bottom until he grabs something & holds fast? :watermelon: