Men drivers

Serentiy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Men drivers

Hello everyone, The thing that makes me turn carnal is the Tail gators. I had whiplash due to a ride accident, the car behind me did not stop and sent my daughter and I flying. So I get nervous when I can't even see the cars bumper in the rearview mirror.That and my husbands driving after a Nascar race,they watch a race and think they can drive like one of those guys.But I have had men and women tail gait. What happened to the 3 sec. rule? 16+ years no tickets.One more for the ladies. ;)

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

posted by achris
I 'learnt' 22 years ago <br />
I am thinking that Perth is in SOUTHERN Austrailia. Or that Chris is spending too much time on the phone with Crabbait....haha :D :D <br /><br />couldn't resist...sl

achris

More fish than mountain goat

sl,<br /><br />
posted by achris<br /><br /> quote: I 'learnt' 22 years ago<br /><br />I am thinking that Perth is in SOUTHERN Austrailia. Or that Chris is spending too much time on the phone with Crabbait....haha<br /><br />couldn't resist...sl<br /><br />--------------------<br />opinions are like navels...we all have one.<br /><br />All of God's creatures never looked so good, as they do next to my mashed potatoes and gravy!<br />
You're gunna have to explain that one to me!!???!!<br /><br /><br />Close with the location. Perth is on the West coast, 'bout 300 miles north of the bottom bit.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

I am employeed by the Nebraska Safety Council, part of the National Safety Council mentioned at the start of this thread. What I do for them is I teach a drivers diversion class one saturday a month, just a little extra income for me. <br /><br />Over 75% of my students are WOMEN! <br /><br />You can take my class to have a ticket dismissed, get a reduction in insurance rates, get credit back on your license if in a state that uses the points system. A lot of employers are starting to require this for their employees.<br />But most of the citation dismissals are women.<br /><br />Maybe that is because women are smart enough to know that the $150 they spend on the class, although usually a lot higher than the ticket, is worth it when the insurance bill comes for the next 3 years. (that statement was to save myself some abuse by the women).<br /><br />Also the only person that ever came close to failing the final exam was a WOMAN. Hmmm! This was even after I gave all of the answers to the test, she still argued that the "correct" answer was wrong. Go figure!

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

Achris, <br /><br />
You're gunna have to explain that one to me!!???!!
we, some of us, here in the states, love our southern 'red necked', (sunburned, from working in the fields all day), friends and nieghbors. <br /><br />States that were part of the Confederacy during the Civil war, or, the war between the states.<br /><br />anyway, along with different languages, (french, spanish and mixtures of both), accents, drawls, incest, interbreeding, illiteratecy, and the such, which were pretty much a thing of the past, at least until the Clinton Administration. the English language, (the americanized version), well it had alot of slang in it words like, git, tater, you-uns, us-ins, learnt and the like were somewhat un-herd of. <br /><br />Crab bait has one too.... it's some form of wolf. hahaha<br /><br />Chris, 'learnt' ain't a word over here, unless you might be from the south. thats all there is to it. Now ya'llns don't be fooled, my blood comes from the South, I knows um when I sees em!..sl ;)

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

spratt-<br /><br /> I don't mean to derail this topic onto insurance stats .. <br /><br />- but - <br /><br />if insurance companies wanted viable statistics to base your driving/vehicle premiums on ...<br /><br />What's this **** of them throwing your credit report into the mix.<br /><br />??????????????????????????????????????????<br /><br />most companys do you know ... <br /><br />just a little tangent in relation to this ..<br /><br />In Wisconsin, the deer/car accident ratio had climbed to some number that triggered a response from the industry...<br /><br />a few years later Cronic Wasting Disease (CWD) was seen as a major threat to humanity .. Fact is - it's been around for a long time and there have been only a few human deaths (less then 8 more than 2) that have been tagged to CWD. <br /><br />-- I don't have the #'s and referances infront of me to post but, please trust me on this, I'm not shooting false crap out here for the fun of it. --<br /><br />Coming from the office of the Wisconsin Deptartment of Natural Resources (DNR) was a mandated 'eradication zone' for Whitetail Deer...<br /><br />Guess where that 'zone' was???<br /><br />It just so happened to be in the counties with the largest deer/car accident ratios...<br /><br />a little ironic ... wouldn't you say so?!?<br /><br />Oh .. I need to mention that American Family Insurance Co. is headquartered here in Madison, WI .. so is the state DNR headquarters... state Capital.<br /><br />So, as far as the Insurance companies statistics being 'on the money' ..... I'd say you hit it right on the head.

spratt

Lieutenant

I know what you mean, Barlow...these days, CREDIT reports mean more than anything else, and even in employment!!! Did you know that if you apply for a job paying more than 75K/yr, they can not only check your credit for the past 7 years, but there is NO LIMIT to how far they can go back to check???<br /><br />Sorry, I don't want to derail this either, and maybe a new thread on this issue would be best.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Thanks sl For clearin' that up for lil ole me.<br /><br /> :D <br /><br />Chris........<br />Our 'southern state' is Tasmania. They even got t-shirts with holes for 2 heads down there!

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

Ahh that makes me laugh!!!!!<br />did you read about the 'TOOTHbrush' being invented in Tennesee? as opposed to TEETHbrush?<br /><br />great humor!!

John Carpenter

Petty Officer 1st Class

Back to the topic at hand...in the past 30 years I have driven over a million miles. Had a few fender benders & a handfull of speeding tickets, but nothing major. The point is, I am a safe driver and am on the road daily. Without question the primary hazard that I see every day on the road is young females....driving WAY too fast while putting on make-up, talking to friend, talking on cell phone etc. It never fails...when I am driving 70+ in a 65 mph zone and someone comes flying up behind me, starts tailgating & can't wait to get around me...it is always a young woman who proceeds to zoom off to tailgate the next car in her way. Men are too smart to drive that fast...they KNOW they'll get a ticket. The girls don't seem to be worried about it.