Maybe my turn for new boat time

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Appreciate that Bruce, might do that but thinking of trying a simple solution.

They make plastic putty knives sort of things. I have a couple hanging on above the bench. Should be able to cut a piece out of it and make a shim (nothing to maybe 1/16) should do it
Let me know...can print it in a rubbery type material too.

froggy1150

Master Chief Petty Officer
I had the same problem and shaped/sanded on belt sander the right taper into the base

alldodge

Staff member
There looks to be about 10* between each notch. Would kind of like to move it out maybe 3*, moving it a one notch you can see what happens. Might only need about a extra 1/8 to 1/16 on top to workSlide1.JPGSlide2.JPG

alldodge

Staff member
Well more crud
Launched boat and placed in slip. Programming 1stMate app to see if it will kill motors, guess what :rolleyes: that didn't work out 100%, only 50%.

Starboard was shut down but not port. Tried 3 different times and each time port did not shut down. Error code on smartcraft display about lanyard each time, to be expected. Ok, so another email to Fell 1stmate support.

Don't miss my cruiser but sure miss Formula

tpenfield

Staff member
Well more crud
Launched boat and placed in slip. Programming 1stMate app to see if it will kill motors, guess what :rolleyes: that didn't work out 100%, only 50%.

Starboard was shut down but not port. Tried 3 different times and each time port did not shut down. Error code on smartcraft display about lanyard each time, to be expected. Ok, so another email to Fell 1stmate support.

Don't miss my cruiser but sure miss Formula
What is the 1stmate app supposed to do? Is it bluetooth lanyard?

alldodge

Staff member
What is the 1stmate app supposed to do? Is it bluetooth lanyard?
Yes bluetooth setup. The app sends out a text "recorded to folks you select" of who to contact. The app just verifies that the FOB can be detected in all areas of the boat. If FOB gets outside those areas it shuts motors down

Many have had great results with it. They put FOBs on pets and family so if anyone falls over it sounds an alarm, I like the thought. Even if phone is not aboard it's setup to work and shut down motors.

tpenfield

Staff member
Yes, I've heard of it . . . I don't have a lanyard system on my boat (seems strange), but I'll go with the 'Mongo' physical lanyard switch. . . .

alldodge

Staff member
Yes, I've heard of it . . . I don't have a lanyard system on my boat (seems strange), but I'll go with the 'Mongo' physical lanyard switch. . . .
Only boats with a hull length less then 25ft are required to have one. I'm not required to have it but it does have the lanyard switch also

ChooChooSnakeMan

Seaman Apprentice
I was looking for a large family type bowrider with a head area and really wanted an OB but just couldn't find anything in my price range and settled for an Ebbtide 2660 Ztrak 8.1 VP dual prop. A boat I tried hard to find and might be a good choice for you if you can settle for 25' is the Chaparral 250 Suncoast. With the room the outboard opens up it is a really good sized boat and with the Yamaha 300 it has great performance. They are hard to find and in good shape with low hours they aren't cheap but price is all relative. Good luck with your search.

tpenfield

Staff member
I was looking for a large family type bowrider with a head area and really wanted an OB but just couldn't find anything in my price range and settled for an Ebbtide 2660 Ztrak 8.1 VP dual prop. A boat I tried hard to find and might be a good choice for you if you can settle for 25' is the Chaparral 250 Suncoast. With the room the outboard opens up it is a really good sized boat and with the Yamaha 300 it has great performance. They are hard to find and in good shape with low hours they aren't cheap but price is all relative. Good luck with your search.
I don't think AD is searching for another boat, having just dropped some serious coin for the new 28 foot Chappy. Just a matter of getting through the teething pains, so it seems.

Often, once you buy a boat (new or used) you are 'stuck' for a while and have to make the best of it.

I miss my Formula too . . . almost went for the 330 CBR, but the Admiral veto'd it in favor of the Cruisers Sport Series 338.