master bath remodel

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
crappy finish pic but then as I laid them if needed i could pop a stone or two off the mat it was glued to and make a better fit or use a better stone from the drop when I cut. I'm add so I can see the seams but other than my brother who is like me no one else can see them

D14iMnc.jpg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
six holes drilled and lots of cuts, Never thought about using my lass cups but dam sight easier to set tile.

QdnjAvV.jpg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
never used this system before, sure made a big difference. Still learned a bit like i was doing horizontal sections, next day do more, etc. The last row and the first row didn't always match up well the next time I got ack to it so god forbid if I ever do this again I will do one wall at a time, vertically.

PekkJI4.jpg

E9x5JZ6.jpg

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
crappy finish pic but then as I laid them if needed i could pop a stone or two off the mat it was glued to and make a better fit or use a better stone from the drop when I cut. I'm add so I can see the seams but other than my brother who is like me no one else can see them

D14iMnc.jpg
schluter drain?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
toe tester in. since it is close to the opening and a non restricted 1/2' pipe it did flow to the opening more than i wanted so easy fix just twisted about 25 degrees into the shower. nice to have.

n6NCNVj.jpg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
16" rain head. Found out these are great for doing the business of showering but great for the 'ahhhhh' time of a shower. had to make an adjustment. More on that later

pD9v4Pl.jpg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
we did the main other downstairs bath to match sink, faucet and granite. New light but different than the others. I really like this one as they are adjustable led pucks so you don't have a bright bulb looking at you and the lens is two sided so light goes up as well as down. Great overall illumination withought being overbearing

n2DhoPI.jpg

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Doors taken form an old house that caught fire then sat outside for a couple months. took some doing but i cut them down and got them working as a fold in set for the bath entry. Sanded and painted. Used some of the drop from the side cuts to add tot he bottom for the correct height needed.

TrVkwAI.jpg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
if you are still awake, thats it for now. I'm essentially complete, a few minor touch ups and such then waiting on the flooring to come in. This will put us with same flooring throughout the house on the lower level except for two bedrooms where we went with a painted floor for a 'beachy' look. I'll return to bore you some more when I get those pics off phone and onto imgur.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
was going thru this post to send pics to my stepmom who is about to do a bath remodel on the island house realized I didn't put in a pic of the final on the doors, with the glass. So just making sure I've bored you completely wiht this thread:

1677270944277.jpeg