Margaret Jaine the 78 Starcraft SS Resto

ChasePhase

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ChasePhase

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Margaret Jaine the 78 Starcraft SS Resto

Bitter sweet! I have been working hard on this boat. Finished the wiring, steering linkage and some other odds and ends. Then my cousin came over to tune her up. She really idled down and purred nicely.

I had to take the day off from work today and was able to make it to the DMV. She is all registered!

Ran home and stuck on the reg and hull numbers....hooked up the trailer and pulled it out of garage. Then the rain started. Forcast is much of the same for next few days. Hope to launch her Saturday.

Almost there....felt good applying registration sticker to her!

ChasePhase

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Finally, on the way to launch her saturday morning.
IMAG2020.jpg

Sun coming up.
IMAG2021.jpg

Out again Sunday on Mother's Day...ironically, it was on this day a year ago that I started tearing the floor out. Wow, 1yr has passed. But, I did it and have gotten many compliments from people who saw it from the start.
IMAG2025.jpg

BonairII

Commander

Congrats on finishing her up!

How do you like the height of the pedestal seat you have at the helm? I've got a seat about the same height and I'm afraid it's going to be too high(and raise center of gravity too much) for my SS.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Chase - A nice way to spend Mother's Day. The Margaret Jaine is looking good on the water. :D

ChasePhase

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Congrats on finishing her up!

How do you like the height of the pedestal seat you have at the helm? I've got a seat about the same height and I'm afraid it's going to be too high(and raise center of gravity too much) for my SS.

The pedestal with seat is just a tad high. Really, not bad at all. The last pic you can see has my cousin behind the wheel. Not sure why he is kneeling on it that way. Think it is just habit from old boats we've had that had the super low back-to-back seats.

FishNmemories

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey Chase, wow a whole year and finally a splash down. Congrats on the restoration of your SS. It took me about an hour to read through the project compared to the year you spent on the rebuild. Well Done!!