Light Bulbs

Pascal

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Light Bulbs

Them ain't lightbulbs your trying to change -- They ar "Dark Suckers" and they are full of DARK!! Doncha see the dark streaks and hear it rattle.<br /><br /> The Dark Sucker Theory<br /><br /> For years, it has been believed that electric bulbs emit light,<br />but recent information has proved otherwise. Electric bulbs don't<br />emit light; they suck dark. Thus, we call these bulbs Dark Suckers.<br /> The Dark Sucker Theory and the existence of dark suckers prove<br />that dark has mass and is heavier than light.<br /> First, the basis of the Dark Sucker Theory is that electric bulbs<br />suck dark. For example, take the Dark Sucker in the room you are in.<br />There is much less dark right next to it than there is elsewhere. The<br />larger the Dark Sucker, the greater its capacity to suck dark.<br />Dark Suckers in the parking lot have a much greater capacity to suck<br />dark than the ones in this room.<br /> So with all things, Dark Suckers don't last forever. Once they are<br />full of dark, they can no longer suck. This is proven by the dark spot<br />on a full Dark Sucker.<br /> A candle is a primitive Dark Sucker. A new candle has a white wick.<br />You can see that after the first use, the wick turns black, representing<br />all the dark that has been sucked into it. If you put a pencil next to<br />the wick of an operating candle, it will turn black. This is because<br />it got in the way of the dark flowing into the candle. One of the<br />disadvantages of these primitive Dark Suckers is their limited range.<br /> There are also portable Dark Suckers. In these, the bulbs can't<br />handle all the dark by themselves and must be aided by a Dark Storage<br />Unit. When the Dark Storage Unit is full, it must be either emptied<br />or replaced before the portable Dark Sucker can operate again.<br /> Dark has mass. When dark goes into a Dark Sucker, friction from<br />the mass generates heat. Thus, it is not wise to touch an operating<br />Dark Sucker. Candles present a special problem as the mass must travel<br />into a solid wick instead of through clear glass. This generates a<br />great amount of heat and therefore it's not wise to touch an operating<br />candle.<br /> Also, dark is heavier than light. If you were to swim just below<br />the surface of the lake, you would see a lot of light. If you were to<br />slowly swim deeper and deeper, you would notice it getting darker and<br />darker. When you get really deep, you would be in total darkness. This<br />is because the heavier dark sinks to the bottom of the lake and the<br />lighter light floats at the top. The is why it is called light.<br /> Finally, we must prove that dark is faster than light. If you were<br />to stand in a lit room in front of a closed, dark closet, and slowly<br />opened the closet door, you would see the light slowly enter the closet.<br />But since dark is so fast, you would not be able to see the dark leave<br />the closet.<br /> Next time you see an electric bulb, remember that it is a Dark Sucker.<br /><br />For more info on this revolutionary idea, see this link.<br />EDIT update link<br /><br /> http://home.netcom.com/~rogermw/darksucker.html <br /><br />JD

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Bondo:<br />
Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> How do you get them trees to grow? you know , the light bulb trees that are all coming in to bloom this time of year. I especially like the ones with lots of colors that blink. I tried planting 45, 75,and 100 watt bulbs but none of them came up. :(
I couldn't get them to grow Either..........<br />Miracle-Grow........<br />Horse Manure.....<br />Chicken Manure.....<br />Nothing Worked............... :( <br /><br />Well,.............<br />I waited until the Neighbors trees went into Bloom,+ went over there(After Dark) and Dug up 1 of His...................<br /><br />That's when I figgered out Where I was going Wrong...........................<br /><br />I Didn't Wire the seeds Right............... :D
No, no, no<br />it wasn't the wiring!!<br />You said you tried three different kinds of manure. But you still didn't try the right kind.<br /><br />You've gotta use<br />Bull.... errrr Manure<br /><br />There's plenty available for free in this post BTW.<br /><br />AK Chappy

LubeDude

Admiral

"Dark Suckers"!!!<br />ROLTFLMAO<br /> :D :D :D <br /><br />We are never going to make it untill spring at this rate. :eek:

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> The result of using synthesized bulb seed.... will people never learn!
Looks like a Alabama Christmas Tree :D

one more cast

Captain

ok just one more light bulb post.... I can't do anything right! I went over to the neighbors house and dug up one of their Bulb trees,A real pretty one with lots of bright blue buds on it. Everything was fine at first but as soon as I got about 20 feet the thing just up and died! What am I doing wrong?

spratt

Lieutenant

You forgot to take a root extension with you...you didn't say how far fromt he origin you had to take the tree...just make sure you go over to the La Natural hardware store and get a root extender of the correct length...that way, the tree will still get it's nutrition fromt eh neighbors feeder, and it will still be bright and lively and beautiful...

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

You "light" people think you have it all figured out, don't you! It's Lighters like yourselfs thats responsible for the decay in modern American morals! <br /><br />What? Oh...ok...sorry...nevermind.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> You "light" people think you have it all figured out, don't you! It's Lighters like yourselfs thats responsible for the decay in modern American morals! <br /><br />What? Oh...ok...sorry...nevermind.
Hey please post in glow letters, It's bloody dark in here! :D

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Thanks for all the helpful advice guys. We're having the annual "Light Up Jamaica Beach" event tonight and I'm sure the info in this thread will come in handy. LF is on the Park Board and I'll make sure she sees this.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

NYMinute, did you ever get your original question answered?

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

As usual you just jump into the solution, change bulb. No thought to preparation! Spray the threads with PB-Blaster first! Or do you want broken threads again!

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Aye, it's alright for you Americans! You wanna see the price of them lightbulbs over here!

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> NYMinute, did you ever get your original question answered?
No, but I can laugh in the dark. This was a hoot. :D :D

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

It's you "Light People A.K.A. Dark Suckers" that are personally responsible for the worlds excess of free range energy. Releasing all that free range energy into the atmosphere, or in the Dark Suckers case removing all the non-energy, upsetting the balance of nature. That’s what you’re really doing. Then, when the time is right, you'll bring out your "Free Range Energy Reinitializing Storage Devices" effectively recovering the vast amounts of previously released energy for resale. Insuring yourselves a fortune, and the ability to have your bulbs/lamps changed at a moments notice.

fireman57

Captain

Didn't take the time to read al of them on the first page but I would start with the following:<br /><br />1. Post the model number so we have the year and make.<br /><br />2. Change the impeller if it has been more than 2 years.<br /><br />3 But first, do a compression check and post your findings.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

HOW MANY E-GROUP MEMBERS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB? <br /><br />One to change the light bulb and one to post that the light bulb has <br />been changed.<br /><br />Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and <br />how the light bulb could have been changed differently.<br /><br />Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.<br /><br />Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about <br />changing light bulbs.<br /><br />Five to flame the spell checkers.<br /><br />Three to correct spelling/grammar flames.<br /><br />Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... <br />another six to condemn those six as stupid.<br /><br />Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the <br />correct spelling.<br /><br />Nineteen to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to <br />please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.<br /><br />Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use <br />light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.<br /><br />Thirty six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is <br />superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light <br />bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.<br /><br />Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light <br />bulbs.<br /><br />Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the<br />corrected URL.<br /><br />Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant <br />to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.<br /><br />Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety <br />including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".<br /><br />Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because they <br />cannot handle the light bulb controversy.<br /><br />Four to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"<br /><br />Thirteen to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting <br />questions about light bulbs"<br /><br />Three to tell a funny story about their cat and a light bulb.<br /><br />AND<br /><br />One group lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now <br />and start it all over again.