Light Bulbs

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Light Bulbs

I've Never Seen a Light Producing Unit like the 1 in the photo..................<br /><br />That Must be 1 of those Austreealien Lighting Units...............<br /><br />Up here in Redneckland, Our Lighting Units come All Strung Together,+ in Various Colors........<br />Never figured out Why, But it Sure gets a lot Darker around here after the 1st of the Year..........<br />Thank God for Book Matches...........

NYMINUTE

Captain

This is terribly complicated. I used to have a Border Collie that handled all these issues and kept the wiring up to code. She passed away and now I have Lab, and she just brings the bulb back. My wife won't do it because she is too busy in the kitchen and all, as it should be. I will go to Lowes, and take a course in bulb/lamp replacements. Gosh , what a bummer.......... :D :D :D :rolleyes:

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

I think first the light bulb has to want to change. Have you tried counseling? It can be very effective is done correctly.

one more cast

Captain

How do you get them trees to grow? you know , the light bulb trees that are all coming in to bloom this time of year. I especially like the ones with lots of colors that blink. I tried planting 45, 75,and 100 watt bulbs but none of them came up. :(

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Why dont you just replace the wick :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

:D :D You i-boaters are WACKED! I finally have found my family. Of course it is dark in here with out LIGHT!

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Please do not start new posts when there's already one going on regarding light bulbs.<br /><br />I'm going to lock this one and move these comments now.<br /><br />Thank you for your cooperation. :p

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by Luna Sea:<br /> Please do not start new posts when there's already one going on regarding light bulbs.<br /><br />I'm going to lock this one and move these comments now.<br /><br />Thank you for your cooperation. :p
Some posts and topics further reinforce others. In this case we have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the light bulb is a complex, delicate, and enlightning subject matter. ;)

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by Dave Abrahamson:<br /> I think first the light bulb has to want to change. Have you tried counseling? It can be very effective is done correctly.
lol :D

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Is there a kit I can buy to convert a 75 to a 100? If I post a serial number, can somebody look up how many candlepowers I have?<br /><br />BTW one-more-cast, you have to dig those bulbs up in the fall & replant in the spring.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> <br /><br />BTW one-more-cast, you have to dig those bulbs up in the fall & replant in the spring.
Isn't that woman's work???? :D

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Definately not the brightest bulb in the bunch................. :rolleyes:

phatmanmike

Captain

what is the main difference between the 75 and the 100.<br />they both weigh the same, so weight is not an issue. can i concert the 75 into a 100? i was looking at the parts diagram and the only difference is in the base and the filliment.<br /><br />or should i just sell the 75 and buy a 100?<br /><br />or what about twin 35's? i hear twins are much brighter in the beginning , but dimmer at the end...?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I really wondered what we would argue about when the election was over.<br /><br />Now I know. :rolleyes: <br /><br />When does LED Dude or the LED DOC come in to explain why we need to use LEDs instead?

ndemge

Commander

I was going to order a stroker kit from Summit to beef my 75 up to a 150 watt 3 way. I'll update with my porogress.

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Good Bye iboats.<br /><br />I'm leaving to start my own lightbulb forum, where I'm hoping things will be much........................................................................brighter!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

<<<<< moving to Non-boating Technical Topics

LubeDude

Admiral

OK, so I will say that you Can use a 100 Watt Bulb, even though it says to use only a 75 Watt, Use any brand you want, The synthetic filaments last longer and are cooler, the manufacture has a little extra built into the speck I have done it a million times with no fires yet.<br /><br />And TheOilDoc will say to follow the manufactures recomendations, buy only from the manufacture, make sure it has the UL code, be sure to keep them clean, and change it once a year whether it needs it or not.<br /><br />Sorry, couldnt resist. :p :p

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by JB:<br /> When does LED Dude or the LED DOC come in to explain why we need to use LEDs instead?
Actually JB... ta dah!
led_flash_blue.gif
LD (LED Dude) at your service....Sir! ;)