Just thought I'd share a nice photo.

southkogs

Staff member
You know Helene is following you home
Yup. As long as I get 24 hours head start on her, we'll be good. We caught a little bit of Francine up in Tennessee, and I expect we'll see a little of Helene too. But I only like lookin' at hurricanes from a distance.

southkogs

Staff member
... And Jim Cantore was in Hudson Beach yesterday afternoon.
We need to make a day like Ground Hog Day for that guy. Can you imagine what his life insurance premiums are like?

I hope the thing just fizzles. But it doesn't look like it will.

aspeck

Staff member
Red and blue lines have it making it the whole way north to us. Hoping for Scott's sake it is not the red or blue.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Well since we live in middle Georgia, seems whichever line it likes, we are in for some major rain and wind. So all we can do is stay inside and watch. But what else can anyone do since we can't control such events...

tphoyt

Lieutenant Junior Grade
if she is on the east end, near 75, she should be fine.
Cortez and 41 area.
We grew up on LBK in the 70’s & 80’s long before it is what it is today. It was just small houses and lots of trees and wetlands. Look at it now. It’s a concrete jungle.
Anyway we welcomed a good hurricane party. I made the news a few times as one if those boneheads that stayed behind and ignored the evacuation order. Now that I'm a bit smarter but not much I realize that it was stupid and if any did happen it would have been hard for anyone to come and help and if they did it was only putting them in harms way. Looking back it was just selfish on my part.

southkogs

Staff member
You come up 65 from pcb? Strip joint still at the Alabama line?
I came up via 231. Makes for a nice ride through North Alabama in the convertible.

It's been couple years since I ran 65 down into Alabama. I'm going down to Fort Morgan in November, so I'll try to notice ... without noticing ...

I think the big, cool rocket is gone at the welcome center though.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I came up via 231. Makes for a nice ride through North Alabama in the convertible.

It's been couple years since I ran 65 down into Alabama. I'm going down to Fort Morgan in November, so I'll try to notice ... without noticing ...

Yeah the rocket was taken down earlier this year. Sad. I think I remember they were to replace with some shuttle something.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
And yeah wife and I had our annual Corp meets in Destin and I would usually drive and she would fly but we used to take diff off the main road drives back. For us we'd hook east and run thru lynchburg.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
You come up 65 from pcb? Strip joint still at the Alabama line?
It's been gone for a few years. Motel 6 is still there, stopped for the nite to rest from driving. Not sure what we were thinking, didn't stay long.
Sure miss seeing the rocket. The whole rest area is/was down to dirt....

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Condoing it in Fort Morgan or campground?