It begins

hayko1971

Starmada Splash of the Year 2015
Thanks so much guys! My Dragonfly pro 4 sonar/chart plotter just arrived, pics of that soon!

hayko1971

Dragonfly 4 pro sonar/chart plotter installed! Is this thing ever cool! It has wifi built in so I can stream sonar and downscan data to my iPad and phones!
Pictured is the gps screen on the Dragonfly 4 Pro, split screen on my iPad, downscan on my android phone and sonar on the admirals iPhone. So cool!

BWR1953

Admiral
Dragonfly 4 pro sonar/chart plotter installed! Is this thing ever cool! It has wifi built in so I can stream sonar and downscan data to my iPad and phones!
Pictured is the gps screen on the Dragonfly 4 Pro, split screen on my iPad, downscan on my android phone and sonar on the admirals iPhone. So cool!

Dude! That is soooo 21st century! Congrats!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Ah, yeah, somebody just captured the tech-geek AND hardcore fishing guy's vote during the SOTY....

Looks great

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Can you stream netflix to it when the fish aren't biting :lol:

In all seriousness, that is one awesome setup there Rob!

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Man, you got a deep garage full of fish! get the rods out! That is a high speed dash cluster! Now you need floating water proof cases for the ipad and phones.

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
All I can say is WOW... what a fabulous fishing boat... I really like the idea of the bare aluminum... The more of these resto jobs I read the more that I realise that I will really have to pick up the pace... absolutely outstanding... I am so happy to see how every resto job shows the owners creativity... a perfect, one of a kind expression in the form of a fishing platform, disguised as a boat... absolute brilliance...

hayko1971

Sweet sonar Rob. Now I wish I would've held out for one of those.

I was going to get the same one you did, it was on clearance at my Canadian tire, but someone beat me to it. Then I was looking at the current version, the elite 4 chirp but this one I got was only $20 more and had the wifi so that's what I went with.
A lot of features for the price. It won't talk to my trolling motor, but for that I would have to spend much more!

hayko1971

Can you stream netflix to it when the fish aren't biting :lol:

In all seriousness, that is one awesome setup there Rob!

LOL... Actually I CAN stream Netflix to my set up! I get good signal on my lake hahahah great idea!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Don't watch Jaws when the fish stop biting. LOL You're gonna be a favorite raft-up partner with the floating media room. :joyous:

Decker83

Commander
Just dropping in to catch up on the thread..
I must be really old school on this stuff.. The setup is just awesome..
Everytime I check in it just keeps getting better..:rockon:

Candutch

Chief Petty Officer
I was going to get the same one you did, it was on clearance at my Canadian tire, but someone beat me to it. Then I was looking at the current version, the elite 4 chirp but this one I got was only $20 more and had the wifi so that's what I went with.
A lot of features for the price. It won't talk to my trolling motor, but for that I would have to spend much more!

Only $20 more than the chirp, wow! Well done Rob, wish I would have seen that one here.

hayko1971

we planned a work "meeting/wellness day" on Friday with my boat and my co workers boat... Then the admiral informed me that she had Friday off, so if I had to be at the lake Friday anyways, might as well be at the lake Thursday and just stay for the weekend. Impromptu camping trip!!
What a fantastic weekend we had!!!
I finally got some nice shots of the boat where it belongs....

This one is at a shore stop on Crean Lake

This is our stop at an island called King Island for a little early dinner cook out

The view from my Sunday morning bistro...

Beached on a perfect crescent beach we found this morning

I owe you guys on this forum a huge thanks for all your expertise and encouragement! With out you, this boat likely wouldn't have happened, I've learned so much from reading this forum and for that, thanks!
We are enjoying it immensely!!!

cheers!

hayko1971

While we were at the little beach I got a chance to play with my trolling motor a bit. It has a hand held remote and I wondered what the range on the controller was. I parked the admiral in the boat and I stood on the beach and drove the boat via the remote controlled trolling motor. I'm not very good at judging distance, but I maintained control the entire time and the boat got at least 50-60 feet away. I brought her back and set the gps anchor and set it as a way point. Then I drove her out quite far again, hit the button to recall the anchor point and the boat came right back to me like I was calling a dog!... So cool, I'm very happy with it.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Perfect bagel and java table. It's working out great.

It's good to hear success stories about the Starmada rebuilds. Glad you had a good week end, hayko. Gotta start a 2015 splash thread now.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Glad you all had a great weekend, and the boat looks spectacular on the water. She really turned out beautiful. I can't get over how the light on the water reflecting on the hull changes hugh so much. Really nice.:encouragement: Definatly a top contender for SOTY 2015. This boat has it all going for it. Style, technology, and the ever most important Cool Factor. Enjoy the summer, and keep us up to date on how she performs.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Oh yeah looks great on the water! :thumb:

An idea for you with those rocky shores, on my fishing boat I use a anchor bungee, drop the anchor go to shore. tie off the bow and let the bungee pull the boat back out to safe waters.

dozerII

Admiral
Awesome pictures Rob, that is one sharp looking SS. T/M sound like the cats meow.