Is the End near?

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Is the End near?

I voted no,but the movie The Day After Tomorrow sure made me think about it for a bit.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

When it ends nobody, or very few will see it coming. God will wipe us clean like a sore loser is chess.

agitator

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I don't agree that the end is near and that God only knows when it will come. Aside from natural disasters such as meteor strikes, earthquakes etc. man is likely through his own foolishness and intransigence to cause the END and will determine by what means and time it will come.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

I read the left behind series as well. There should be lots of warnings to make people believe in Christ A lot of them will be hard for science to prove. The new medical chip they want to insert in everybody could be the mark of evil. I am not in any hurry to get one of them inserted in me.

phatmanmike

Captain

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> No.. The rogue asteroid is'nt going to take us out anytime soon.....
snapper, its not the asteroids we have to be aware of, its the planet trashing humans that are leading us to our demise.<br /><br />north america uses 75% of the worlds resources and only has 5% of the population<br /><br />go figure

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Link:<br />I'd rather hear what SBN's little buddies have to say about it.
Well, spoke with ssabmud and htaerbttub last evening and they have assured me that I don't have to worry about it in my lifetime. :D :D <br /><br />Like I said, don't worry about it cause ain't nothing we can do about it anyway. :cool:

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

The end comes when you die,then it really does'nt matter much does it? unless one has plans on returning after death. The jews have been awaiting the messiah for approx 4000 earth years,Christians and muslims have been awaiting the return of jesus for over 2000 earth years. I ain't waiting for nobody,the irony is life is too darn short to just hang around, so Ditto to snapper and SBN.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

The end aint near...its gonna get a hell of a lot worse. The **** started with the women going to work and kids raised in baby farms (daycare). Now there are zero manners among most of them, and ...hmmm, wait a minute...sounds like something my old man would say! Believe me when I say these ARE the good old days right now. And don't give up your guns...NEVER

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Every generation has questioned whether the children of the next generation could possibly keep from destroying civilization as we know it. If civilization survived my parents and my generations, from what I'm seeing of the next one things are bound to be getting better. The only thing I worked at was getting girls. I grew up and learned that you also have responsibilities and things. My sons are more responsible and smarter than I was at their age, if I thought most of the rest of the kids in society were like them, I'd be even more hopeful.<br /><br />I do believe that God is in charge, I just don't believe He is in a hurry.<br /><br />As to humans bringing about the demise of the earth. I've heard that the three hurricanes that took place this Summer released more energy in six weeks than all of human endeavours in the history of humanity. The world was not so changed by them that it is gone, I'm not worried about what we're going to do. We should do all we can to make things better rather than worse, but in the end we're less than fleas on an elephant.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

yup.Life is short. And we don't have a clue just how short it will be for each of us. Some folks have reached the end allready.

JB

"Near" compared to what?<br /><br />Compared to the life of the earth? Probably.<br /><br />Compared to the life of civilization? Not likely.<br /><br />Compared to the life of one man? Very unlikely.

butch290

Seaman

Didn't vote, Have know idea, but i do my best in living like He could come for me today.<br /><br />Soulwinner, I think it's 10 virgins, are you checking if we're on are toes. :) <br /><br /><br />butch

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I appreciate all of the comments. All are very thoughtfully considered. Many have made me feel a bit more optomistic, although I think there are ends to the world that haven't led to it's destruction and we seem to maybe be heading toward another. Nature always balances out eventually. Life didn't end with the asteroid that ended the age of the dinosaurs. But sooner or later, something is going to take the Earth out. It won't be mankind, we're fairly insignificant. We have the ability to really screw things up, but I don't think we have the means to end the Earth. I expect that will be celestial. I don't even think that Armageddon will be the end of mankind. Might put a dent in the population, but there will be plenty of survivors and that beating swords into plowshares thing will happen and there will be a new order and far fewer wars. Isreal will be a wasteland that nobody wants. I hope our darkest days are behind us. The Nuclear threat is still real, but I doubt the scope would be nearly as global as it would've been 30 years ago. We like to think that we learn from our mistakes and if we repeat them enough, we eventually do. I hope we don't have to screw-up too many things more to have learned our lessons.<br /><br />Keep the Faith and Please keep posting. This is most fascinating!

NathanY

Commander

Willy, I dont know what you believe. But if you believe in the word of GOD, the earth will never come to an end. We as humans might come to an end, unless you are righteous and walk with God. <br /><br />Psalms 37:29 says The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it.<br /><br />Psalms 37:38 says, But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off.<br /><br />So the way I see it, if you are not right with God, your world will come to an end, but if you are right[with God], your world will last for eternity.

JB

Please don't confuse "righteous" with 'self righteous", Nate.<br /><br />Big difference.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Jb the comment you just made is a bit "Self Rightous" if you ask me.....If you look at Nates post he is qouting the Bible so do all of us who believe that it is a word from God a favor and give us the same respect you want from all of us towards Gays and others who are of another religion and spare us your attitude when it comes to many of us heres beliefs. If I made comments on The American indians belief that they should get free land and hunting rights is a self rightous cultural idea, whoa......prolly would get poofed. Weather you like it or not Christians should have the same rights and respect as you, Gays and Muslems and if I was on here givin crap to one of these groups who you always come to their defense Im sure you would let me know I was out of line. You have shown time and time again you have no respect for Christians .....we get it.

spratt

Lieutenant

THe only true Prophet through the Bible times was one whose predictions came true..nto SOME of them, but ALL of them...else they were a FALSE Prophet...but all the ones who had words from God were truly Prophets of God...Nostradamus supposedly has made some predictions that appeared (at least) to be truth, but many have been completely incorrect. Thus, he is a FALSE Prophet, and not worthy of consideration.<br /><br />I believe the "end" is near...or at least nearer than yesterday!! No man knows the hour when the Son of Man shall return in His GLory...except the Father. Even teh Bible speaks of soem of the very things that have been posted here: <br /><br />2Pe 3:4 and saying, "Where is the promise of His Arrival? For since the fathers fell asleep [fig., died], all [things] continue in the same manner [as] from [the] beginning of creation." <br /><br />Fo0lks do not want to believe that this world will someday end, and judgement will be visited upon teh evil. So they say "People have been saying for centuries that the end is near, and God is returning...where is He, and why hasn't the end come yet???"<br /><br />Just hang in there...live like the end is never coming, but be ready for it to happen tomorrow (ensure your soul is prepared to face God!!!) <br /><br />2Co 6:2 for He says, "In an acceptable time I heard you, and in a day of salvation I helped you." Listen! Now [is the] acceptable time. Listen! Now [is the] day of salvation- [Isaiah 49:8]

KaGee

Admiral

I voted yes... because we are one day closer today than yesterday.<br /><br />And because Nate changed his avatar to some giant purplish thingy... that's gotta be a sign too!
4_1_104.gif

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> I will vote yes due to the same reason. the sun is the same in a relative way but your older. shorter of breath and oneday closer to death.<br /> I watched a show sometime back on mega tsunamis. they say thet when, not if, the canary or it may have been the cape verde, islands split and collapse a wave of approx 1000 meters will strike the atlantic coast of north america about 8 hours later. the wave is expected to proceede 25 to 50 miles inland before breaking and some parts of the country will just dissapear. do I worry about it? nope<br /> if and when it should happen I guess il grab a sixpack or so and settle in to watch the media bash whatever administration was responsible. the mega tsunamis have been documented to have happened in places around the globe over the centuries. in the 60's one occured in alaska that had a wave height estimated at approx 200ft tall.a father and son on a boat actually surrvived it but some others were not as lucky.<br /> as far as the dinosaurs go I used to argue that point in highschool, along with the fact that "fossil" fuels are mythical. aint now way enough stuff died and was covered and compressed that quickly. I also argued that the larger"reptiles" could not have been cold blooded but had to have some sort of internal temperture regulation. I also argued that the only way sites with massive amounts of various specie fossils were buried in a massive flood caused by a meteor strike due to the fact that nature will take care of normal deaths and clean up the debris rather rapidly. this was all done in the 60's and 70's and the teachers would send me out of class and label me as a trouble maker cause I did not belive the text books. now seems I am being proved right. no where in the bible does it say Human kind will endure. it just dont. however I dont sweat it cause other than living right with my God and enjoying each day there is nothing at all I can do about it.